Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks cat & harz.
    Looked into it . Not for me , but it was worth checking out anyway.
    Have to laugh, some of those designs are awful IMHO .
    The kids bedroom would give them hallucinations if not nightmares.
    Certain 'feature walls' , have wallpaper that looks horrendous .
    Then again , I can't say too much at the moment I guess ;)
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loving the Essex writing. Feeling at home here now! :D Thanks Smodlet and GG.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All ri', Muff? Was you not feelin' at 'ome, then, babes?

OMG, I'm gonna need the "It's aitch, not haitch" thread soon.

S xx :D
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Smodlet, where are you from? Your take on the Essex accent is so spot on. Each time I start to type in an accent it becomes very northern!!!! :D MTx
  • Smodlet
    edited 12 August 2016 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Now, MuffinTops, that would be telling. Not Essex, anyway, but a little NE of there. I am from a place famous for immigrants in what I always thought of as the no-man's land between East Anglia and the East Midlands.

Anyone can write in an Essex accent, all they have to do is watch Jamie Oliver, Denise van Outen, that wench from Strictly, thank the powers they replaced her with someone who actually danced professionally, or the godawful, couldn't pay me to watch it, TOWIE. One cannot always avoid the trailers, though... innit?

More clues as to the origins of Smodlets as you ask for them. :D

I'm in a silly mood today, need something to take away the bad taste of the viciousness yesterday towards someone who really does not deserve it. Yes, I know, guys, if you will go on these threads, you daft Smodlet... you told me last time. Thank the powers for y'all.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Oh Smodlet, I feel your pain. I avoid certain parts of this site as there can be some piranhas just waiting for a chance to attack anyone who dare make the slightest error in life. However, the fact that we have found this site in the first place would suggest, to my mere Essex brain, that we were looking up solutions to mistakes we had previously made!

I have now decided that the origins of Smodlet are in a deep misty castle far from this world, where dragons are your protectors and the land is your view. With the odd bit of UK TV thrown in to show you how the rest of us are forced to live and to sharpen your written accent skills.
  • Smodlet
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Oh Smodlet, I feel your pain. I avoid certain parts of this site as there can be some piranhas just waiting for a chance to attack anyone who dare make the slightest error in life. However, the fact that we have found this site in the first place would suggest, to my mere Essex brain, that we were looking up solutions to mistakes we had previously made!

I have now decided that the origins of Smodlet are in a deep misty castle far from this world, where dragons are your protectors and the land is your view. With the odd bit of UK TV thrown in to show you how the rest of us are forced to live and to sharpen your written accent skills.

Lovin' it, lovin' it, mate. How spooky of you, MT! How did you know my favourite genre is fantasy and my favourite show, Thrones?

I actually came here first for information about boilers, then about credit cards, encountered some very cool people (and a few t*ssers) mooched around a bit and AC's thread sounded intriguing, so in I dived. Found a lovely welcome, was prepared for the opposite, so stayed. Then, of course, after a bit I ventured further and sometimes wished I had not however, so far the cool people outnumber the pr*ts considerably and sometimes things become hilarious, so I stick around. I don't think I will ever develop a thick skin but I'd like to feel it is a little tougher than it was.

Now, to biz: The Origins of Smodlet are NW of Essex, in a place known for its immigrants. This place is located within the no-man's land between East Anglia and the East Midlands.

Castle? Cost too much to heat, hence constant vigilance is required lest the Evil Nth Power seize control of Smodland! :eek:

Your quest, valiant Muffin of the Tops, should you decide to accept it, is to discover the Origins of Smodlets! As your quest progresses, you will find more clues, once you have learned the requisite incantations to reveal them. (I'm wasted here, aren't I?)

OMG, thank you so much for making me make myself laugh, MT. I'm sure there must be an MSE board game in here, somewhere.
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    That's a shame that's not a good solution for you AC. I felt quite hopeful about that one. You have some viewings this weekend, if I remember correctly?
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Your quest, valiant Muffin of the Tops, should you decide to accept it, is to discover the Origins of Smodlets! As your quest progresses, you will find more clues, once you have learned the requisite incantations to reveal them. (I'm wasted here, aren't I?)

Would galiant Smodlet be anywhere near the Ford of Bed? A place fitting of a Castle Queen and her protection Dragons? With its many Cold Castle warmth wenches and her King of all he surveys?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks muffin . Glad that everyone still likes this thread :)
    I have a couple visiting tomorrow at 1.31, but nothing else.
    I imagine , they saw it in the window .

Not expecting anything , but am feeling mellow at the moment :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure