Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks folks :)
    I've had builder types viewing before, so I'll try not to build my hopes up too much. Having said that, one of my neighbours had a barbecue which impressed both estate agent and viewers .

Apparently today's viewing came about, as a purchase fell through, and estate agent thought of my place immediately . As soon as he phoned, he took them straight there. I await the outcome .
    Good start to the week anyway :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    bettyboo71 wrote: »
    Ooh, trying to not get too excited, but assume that if he is a builder then your external work will not phase him. And he is probably much more able to see the potential beyond the wee internal things that need done.
    And finally the sun is shining on Skye today :-)

Glad the sun is shining for you :)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    "Ey Up Me Ducks".......

I'm back with a bit of Derbyshire dialect for you.......:rotfl:

A general greeting to be used at any time of the day. Ey up is hello. Me ducks is just a general term of endearment for both genders and all ages, although not usually for small children.

Sometimes males to males might say Ey up Sorey .....:rotfl: (Think that's how it's spelt).

Anyhoo......I'm back, feeling tired and a bit achey from lugging cases and the wheelchair so today it's a nice peaceful day, catching up with some paperwork and the laundry and soaking the sun.

I had a fab time, ate far too much, and drank lots of vino and was spoilt rotten by my extended family. DAd loved it all but realistically I think that might be his last trip. He's exhausted but happy he did it.

AC. Sounds promising with your viewer who just happened to be a builder. He won't be fazed by the work and will be able to work out realistic costings. Refurbishing your flat would be a walk in the park for him.

Re doing a part ex. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings to anyone who is considering this.

Most developers are very wary of taking on a flat as part ex. Also you normally need a price differential of around 40 per cent ie you need to be trading up in value. Anything less and the figures won't stack up for the developer.

PArt Ex can be very successful in the right circumstances. It is particularly helpful for families who are having to relocate for a job move. It enables them to move swiftly and keep the family together and takes much of the stress away.

I have used this as a marketing tool in times of house price recession and it has worked well for the purchasers. But.......You have to remember though that it is a high risk strategy for developers so they prefer not to use it unless they haVe to.

Millions of £s are tied up in a development. It's not until the last few properties are sold that profits can be guaranteed. Large sums of money are borrowed and borrowing costs are high, so cash flow is all important. Part ex is not something that developers undertake lightly.

Again the best part ex deals will be at financial year end.

It's now mid August. The market should start to experience it's "Second Bounce" in about three weeks or so when the children go back to school.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Welcome back, LL, glad you had an enjoyable time.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hello LL.
    Glad you had a good time 'duck ' :)
    We seem to have escaped the mini heatwave thankfully .
    Probably why I'm very mellow of late .

These viewings I've been getting recently , are a bonus .
    I prefer the way the place looks now , under the situation.
    Just gonna keep on top of things , and hope for the best :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Well, the couple have offered on a place in Putney instead .
    just yesterday's report to come .
    I was due a second viewing today from a viewing last week .
    May happen tomorrow , may not happen at all.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, AC; the point is, I think, that you are still getting viewings when your place has been on the market this amount of time. I suppose it could be because it is London but I have always found you get a flurry in the first week, a few in the second week, one or two in the third week, then it has become old news. Yours is still "happening" for want of a better word.
  • bettyboo71
    bettyboo71 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Just because they have offered on another place..... has that offer been accepted? And if it has, then think of it as one more competitor off the market!

As Smodlet says, you do keep getting the viewings, so it is only a matter of time before the right person sees it.

Listen to little miss positivity here, it must be the sunshine!

Welcome back LL, glad to hear you had a good time, and always nice to get more of your expert input.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AC do you know where you are going to be moving to and have you looked at properties there? The internet makes things so easy for doing that. Is this going to be your last move or are you going to be doing this again in a few years. I knew this was going to be my forever home when I saw it - even before I saw inside.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks again all.
    I got home today, and somebody was here again . WAs it a ghost ?
    The neighbours cats ? Might find out more in a couple of days.
    Can't smell cat .. Yet .

Grunnie, only looked on Internet at places that may suit.
    Will go again to see my friend whenever I get an offer, and look more thoroughly . Areas looking at: Ashley cross and Westbourne / cardboard box ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure