Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• copperjar
    Options
    What's your plan about renting AC? Wait for completion date before signing up for 6 months?
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Yes copper jar . Absolutely nothing I can do before , I officially get a date.
    When I do , it's full on with everything .
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you seen somewhere you want to rent and got all the paperwork ready? I'm just thinking that if you exchange and complete in 1 week that doesn't give long for the rental company to do all their checks, get references etc AC - just be careful you don't end up up s***ts creek!

Personally I'd have all the paperwork done and potentially even the checks done but just don't sign until exchange
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hello Anna

No , I haven't done anything . I cannot anyway .
    I have seen4/5 places . It will be very touch and go, to say the least .
    Chase Buchanan intend to speak to my solicitor again today, and I'm promised a call from chase Buchanan again today.

One of the reasons I am edgy, is that I may for example have to take either Thursday / Friday /Monday to go to parkstone and look at whatever properties they have available .
    Have to beg nationwide for advance / overdraft extn. Till completion
    May have to quit job on the same day .

Now I just want to hear something good
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi AC,
    What did the removal guys say about storing your stuff? How's the packing going? You must be quite well along with that now if you're hoping to move in two weeks time? Are you still selling/giving away your leather sofas or taking them with you?
    Hope you hear something positive soon.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Have done nothing verbatim. Haven't been well enough.
    When I get the date for completion, that is when I will do everything .
    Not sure about the sofas. .
    Thanks
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OH and I have just been witness to a sparrowhawk (female, apparently) kill and consume a dove on our lawn. It is a pity about the dove, there is a whole family of them who feed regularly in our garden, but it is life, I guess.

Just felt like sharing that as I bet not everyone gets to see such things. It is not often I feel privileged: It was at once savage and somehow, right; beautiful, even. Everything has a right to try its best to live, don't you think?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,662 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am not sure it will do your health much good AC to be rushing around and trying to do everything within a week or 10 days. You know the move is imminent so can you pack up a few boxes and ring up for some removal quotes just so you not trying to fit everything into that week or so before exchange and completion? If you getting rid of furniture you could look into that now too. Just trying to do one thing a day towards your move will make it less daunting. You could ask removers for quote for packing up too.

As your rental property will be just a stopgap until you buy can your friend look at a few rental properties in Poole for you to save you a trip?

My daughter is in same position as you, waiting for something to happen on sale of her property in Midlands but she is purchasing a flat in Bristol now rather than renting. She starts new job in Bristol in November but luckily her friend is putting her up while sale and purchase goes through. She has started packing up her spare room and some clothes and books.

I hope you hear some good news soon.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Iguana
    Iguana Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with enthusiastic.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 October 2016 at 8:37PM
    Options
    I am not sure it will do your health much good AC to be rushing around and trying to do everything within a week or 10 days. You know the move is imminent so can you pack up a few boxes and ring up for some removal quotes just so you not trying to fit everything into that week or so before exchange and completion? If you getting rid of furniture you could look into that now too. Just trying to do one thing a day towards your move will make it less daunting. You could ask removers for quote for packing up too.

As your rental property will be just a stopgap until you buy can your friend look at a few rental properties in Poole for you to save you a trip?

My daughter is in same position as you, waiting for something to happen on sale of her property in Midlands but she is purchasing a flat in Bristol now rather than renting. She starts new job in Bristol in November but luckily her friend is putting her up while sale and purchase goes through. She has started packing up her spare room and some clothes and books.

I hope you hear some good news soon.

Thanks enthusiastic :) best of luck to your daughter .
    The way I see it: 1) if I have to wait beyond Friday , then Saturday will be for packing. Sunday also.
    2) keep monitoring property to rent, including phoning estate agent.
    3) may book a couple of days off ( holiday )next week regardless .
    4) go into charity shop, asking them to take my computer desk/ Pilates machine for starters. Find out when they can do that.
    5)keep praying for a decent amount of time to complete.

Initially , my solicitor agreed that the end of October seems reasonable . If I'm being realistic , he isn't a million miles away.
    Around two months to sell, isn't too bad , providing things get a move on in the next couple of days .

Just thought of something : there are no animal charity shops in twickenham.
    ( everything else is there though). Is it worth phoning one nearest twickenham, or should I just go to the nearest one ?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport