Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    Options
    We have just taken delivery of 50 bxes and wrapping paper from the removal company for my daughter who is moving next Friday
    They are provded as part of the removal service
    Mind you judgng the amount she has in her house she will have tp get them to drop another 100 off:rotfl:

I know the felling :):)
  • thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    AC, have you had any quotes from removal companies? Get some in and find out what they provide. Sorry if I've missed any posts.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    AC, have you had any quotes from removal companies? Get some in and find out what they provide. Sorry if I've missed any posts.

Don't be sorry, and thanks :)
    I looked at a few .unfortunately , one company got my details but keep ringing . They ring at the wrong time .
    I did mention before , that maybe using a removal company that is based in Poole , could be something to consider .
    When I get a date ( if all goes well ) , i will look into everything .

Not heard anything from my solicitor , which IMHO is good .
    It probably means , once the property mgt co send everything both sets of solicitors need to see ( and there are no other issues)
    a completion date will follow
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do consider Brittannia, and similar nationwide chains, they have companies in their networks that are based all over. The guys who moved us from W London to almost Scotland were from several depots - the packers were local, the guys who ran the project and drove were from Manchester. And they were fabulous - I was lucky and OH's company paid the not inconsiderable bill but I would use them again based on the service even if I couldn't afford the full service option.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks joey��
    Had a day with my brother yesterday . Good day, but I was very tired, and my speech was going a bit late afternoon onwards. He wears me out, without realising. We got on OK, but I have to keep repeating myself constantly when trying to help him with stuff.
    Due to poor sleep pattern of late I guess. Lucky that in work, my speech is more or less fine . Had a horribld dream, where I was struggling to move my tongue. Thankfully, it was only a dream :)
    Almost 5am. Been awake about 2 and a half hours. Fell asleep listening to radio on iPad , and forgot to turn it off.
    May sleep later:)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 October 2016 at 9:49AM
    Options
    Good morning AC. Sorry to hear that you are having another rough night. Maybe take it easy today and have a nap at some point.

Your brother sounds a bit like my father, one of those people who just drain you of all energy. I'm afraid there are people like this, an encounter with them just leaves you feeling like a limp rag. Energy drainers are best taken in small doses.

Don't forget you have had several weeks of broken sleep so it's bound to have a knock on effect. Hopefully you will feel a bit more relaxed once you have exchanged contracts and everything is more concrete.
    You will be able to take control then and get organised. I'm sure your sleep will improve then.

It's a miserable day here. Managed to clean out the sheds, and give the garden a final tidy up before winter. Glad that's done. Was going to go out for a day in the Peak District today but not much point in this weather so I'll just have a catch-up day and get on with some cleaning.

Oh the excitement!!!! :rotfl:

Keep your chin up, remember you are British.....stiff upper lip and all that. ;)

Not long now, you just need to ride it out.

Just think another couple of months from now and you will be out of the rat race.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks LL . Yep. Your father / my brother = good comparison :)
    I'm actually keeping calm in this sticky period .
    Once contracts exchanged then of course , panic will ensue:)
    The funny thing will be handing my notice in. I think I have between 2-3 weeks holiday , and out of that will need 3 days almost immediately:)

I'll get there :)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just discovered I'm running low on coffee:eek: That will never do:rotfl:

So going to forget the housework. Mañana.

I shall get my glad rags on and hit the shops. Maybe have a mooch round a couple of charity shops and look for bargains.

Tarra a bit.......(West Midlands speak for Bye for now).
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LL is bob-on. That's all the Derbyshire I know... thanks be.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So, today is the 17th of October . I assume the info from the property mgt co has been passed over .
    If all's well, maybe I'll hear midweek of exchanging contracts .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure