Do One, Debt!

Options

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Well it happened...my wages are just £373 this month. I'll need to have a think about figures but luckily I can use a spare MBNA card to borrow cash at 0% so I will need to call them and borrow at least £1200.
    Good job I started moneysaving!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Ah sorry to hear that, but like you say, you are money saving and you will get back on track.

Are you feeling better? Still planning to work tomorrow?
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2015 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Coffee 6
    Toothbrush 45bought 28-10

Cash (hairdresser) £20

Total spend in Nov = 26

After sun 16/voucher or pointsbought 28-10
    Sun cream 18/ voucher
    Pyjamas and toy £6 (JL voucher)
    Popcorn maker 20/voucher
    Clarins 20 / voucher
    Coconut 10
    Purse 6 bought 29.10
    Wines 35
    Chrome cast 30/ voucher
    Cash £10
    Cheques £20
    Friend (v) £10 /voucher
    Pudding 11
    Total Max cash in December- 190/ /92 if voucher arrives!

Revised xmas spending
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2015 at 12:55AM
    Options
    Hi Ena,
    Yes I'm back from tomorrow, working from home :) I'm supposed to phase back over two weeks starting at two hours per day building up to 4 hours at the end of the first week....but there's no way I can afford to do that :(
    I've made some amendments to the xmas budget, so that most of the cost is coming next month. If I cut my cleaner to 50% and buy a bus pass instead of a travel card I can make some savings. I Reckon I will need £1354 to pay all of the commitments I have then £100 for spends/food so £1454 for the month. I have £431 made up of wages, swaggy earnings, £15 work expenses owed etc. so the shortfall is £1023.
    I'm pretty annoyed that I was there for an hour today and no-one thought to mention that my wages had been reduced. My boss is off until Tuesday now as well. The calculation is wrong, it's SSP only for the month but I am entitled to two weeks at half pay in October. I will know more when I see the payslip. Told you I'm the only one who can calculate sick pay!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Spoke to MBNA. Re- their offer for 12 months 0% money xfer, it should be in Bank 1 - bills acct on Mon.
    I'll set up a dd for £25 (min amount) and pay £75 towards the debt each month to the regular saver.
    This now means I'll have £280 "spare" per month for clothes, food, going out, toiletries and holidays.

I've made a large cake today, cut it into small pieces and bagged it in the freezer. I need to go to L!dl tomorrow for some packed lunch items and I need to meal plan. I have plenty of food in the house, I need to move to more if a "zero budget" and try not to spend anything at all unless absolutely necessary.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • catriona79
    Options
    Gonna, great result with the 0% transfer. Very sensible option it is too.

I like your idea of zero budget, I'm trying to do the same at the moment. I am right now sipping my coffee waiting for supermarket delivery (online shopping really does cut the unnecessary spends plus I can always check cupboards for anything I may already have and check the net for recipes, so I don't buy random items I fancy which then end up in the cupboard for months!).
    My problem is overflowing cupboards but "nothing to eat" - so got to do a cupboard and freezer list and work around that. I will be pleased when I've decluttered.
    It should save me money - here's hoping!

Really pleased you've got yourself sorted with the deficit this month.
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 15 November 2015 at 12:13PM
    Options
    Thanks Catriona. I realise I'm really lucky in that my debt is manageable and I have the option of cheap borrowing, others are not so lucky. A friend has just spoken to step change and they are really helping her, she has very large debt.
    yesterday had coffee with a friend, cost £1.50 to get there, she bought the coffee, I walked back. Spent £5 in L!dl LTW items. I admit I did "stock up" and overbuy cheese as it's just so cheap. Going back to l!dl today for washing up liquid, and more p@psi. I do have a diet c@ke habit, I was spending £1.29 every day a while back, now it's 29p per day for one can of p@psi max from Lids. May go for a coffee later with a friend. Also need to buy a bus pass for the month.
    I've made some soup and flapjack squares and I'm about to do a chilli, so I have some easy food options for the week, and after today I am aiming to have 5 NSD's. The only thing I "need" to pay for is one train journey to the hospital to see the ENT, and £3 for eyebrow threading. I have plenty of food etc.
    Later today I'm going to sort through all of the wardrobe, cupboards and see if I can create any "new" outfits for work.
    I did have a splurge online, I ordered two pairs of winter boots (I can only keep one!) they were on offer for £40 and I do think I need some boots for winter. Especially as I was walking in the rain in my ballet pumps yesterday, and noticed the sole on one is destroyed.
    So far that's 3 dresses and two boots ordered. If I keep the most expensive ones it will be £67 spent (via TCB of course!)
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 16 November 2015 at 9:18AM
    Options
    Well I'm back in the office soon....bit of a worry as I slept until lunchtime yesterday then went to bed at 9pm and slept right through.
    Didn't bother with shopping yesterday, will go later after work. Bought my bus pass (omg bus travel in London - the horror) apparently the train a lot of us use has been playing up, plus it's a lot of walking to the station, so I was told to get the bus and start a bit later rather than have a difficult journey. That works out well for now. As I start working longer days (am starting back on half days) It will make it a long day, but I can use iplayer on my phone to pass the (2 hrs) time.
    Made my packed lunch (LTW) cheese sandwich, crisps and flapjack with raspberry yoghurt smoothie! Will work on healthier lunches in a few weeks. Right now convenience and filling and easy to eat on the bus is the priority.
    Only managed to "invent" two outfits for work but they will do. Found a few more items to bay of E, which I've listed.
    Right well I'd better get to work and earn some ££££'s
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck Goingtodoit! :)
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £0/250

Decluttering 869/2024 Awards 🥇
    (30/04/24)
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    First day back was...cold! It was only a few hours but that was enough. Also I spent £10 on a dress in a charity shop on the way home!!! It is smart, black, ok for work/dinner and it fits! In my defence it is from M&S so the plan is to wear it over the next few weeks then re-sell it on bay in the new year (when It won't fit due to my amazing weight loss...) apart from the massive dress expense, I managed to only buy a loaf of bread and bottle of white vinegar in tisco.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family