Options

Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 4 June 2016 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Well it's the end of another week!
    Despite my worries that I "splurged" all of my cash at the start of the month, I'm actually still within budget, in fact I had £50 more than budget so I just booked some cheap train tickets for a visit to friends in August. :)
    Listed 11 items on the bay of e, two have already sold. It's worth holding on to saleable stuff, something that didn't sell a few months back is now clearly more in demand and sold right away.:p
    I was tempted to sell a dress I don't like that much (bought it on that spending spree two months ago) but it fits well so I should hold on to it for a few more months. I might wear it to a party tomorrow, but I feel pretty grotty, so may no go. Reckon I should get one or two more wears out of it before I flog it
    Have an mse weekend :money:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Meh...too ill to go to the party, so that's saved some cash :(
    Got a tube fare refund for a delayed journey, first time I've ever applied. To be fair I was annoyed as I could have taken the bus for half the cost coz I didn't get there any quicker:mad: but the refund makes up for the inconvenience I suppose:rotfl:
    26 squids worth of sales on the bay of e and a bit of space cleared :T
    A fair bit of tcb activity, now over £50 pending! It's not going to be with me for about 8-12 weeks though :beer:
    A good swaggy run too, I just cashed out and yet I'm already back at 500sb, there's really no telling how swaggy is going to be. but when it's good, I'm happy;)
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Excited to report that rdf has now grown to £62.50 after adding bay sales and £5 from swaggy.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I blinked and your RDF has practically doubled :j:T:j:T

I'm doing well with SB lately, all good isn't it. Hope you're feeling better than you did t'other day :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit of a disaster this morning, I locked myself out :mad:
    So I spent £250 before I even got to work :eek:
    Then I went out for a drink after work:beer:
    I'm so gutted, the £500 I had "spare" is just dwindling. £100 on insurance £250 locksmith £20 spare keys, may as well spend the last of it getting the oven fixed:(
    Luckily today I sold the little tv at a loss of £3 which is fab.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    After a very spendy week I have decided on a new challenge, to save £600 by October.
    I have 3 payments left on mbna card, then it's paid. I would like to pay off h@lifax and other mbna in October when my savings account pays out. To do this I need to save an extra £600.

Ideas to save £600
    Hoping for £150 for switching bank v soon
    £53 outstanding on tcb
    Raid the rdf - currently at £93 since selling the spare tv (the 0% card will be nil, so can be used if there is an emergency) should be at least £120 by Oct?!
    £25 freed up in Sept & £25 in Oct when mbna card is paid (£50)
    £12 x 4 months would have been paying insurance (£48)

Just another £200 or so to scrimp together :rotfl: I need to get on swaggy and do some surveys!

Saying goodbye to 3 minimum payments means an extra £75 freed up per month.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow
    Just checked on my nectar account - 5000 points bonus earned! Not entirely sure how but I now have nearly £30 of nectar points.
    Amazing as I was umming and ahing over booking a train trip in September and putting in on the cc now, to ensure I get a low fare. Seems like I can pay for most of the fare in nectar points woohoo :) :j
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well only 5 days until payday and I have gone spending mad and blown the budget.
    £112 on credit card bill I forgot I had hanging around from my April holiday.
    £35 on clothes- 3 bras all fell apart in 24hours, needed a top for work and it was on sale, tights etc
    £10 on some tea and cake with mum
    £40 onlne shopping delivery from tusco
    My health has nosedived so I've been eating lunch out/buying lunch as well. Its really health vs wealth and really health has to win. Yes it means the debt gets paid back slowly, but it is still being paid back! I can but try.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Well only 5 days until payday and I have gone spending mad and blown the budget.
    £112 on credit card bill I forgot I had hanging around from my April holiday.
    £35 on clothes- 3 bras all fell apart in 24hours, needed a top for work and it was on sale, tights etc
    £10 on some tea and cake with mum
    £40 onlne shopping delivery from tusco
    My health has nosedived so I've been eating lunch out/buying lunch as well. Its really health vs wealth and really health has to win. Yes it means the debt gets paid back slowly, but it is still being paid back! I can but try.

None of that sounds frivolous gonna. Some months you just need to buy things and there should always be room in the budget for cake :p
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well this is a tough one....
    I have just been paid yesterday and I have NO MONEY left:eek::mad::(
    So there was a bit of a splurge towards the end of last month because I got ill and there was a forgotten bill, and needed some clothes. I also went overdrawn and have lost my £5 bonus for July :(
    So my tactic for this month will be - buy a monthly travel ticket- hence I then have no remaining cash, but the money is paid up front. If I'm paying for it then I'll be using it to the max!
    Think about what I'll need money for - I have a few functions coming up so they will each need £10-20 quid for food/drink
    Try and meal plan better - well try and plan at all really!
    Yeah it's a tough one isn't it? My £300 per month saving has to go ahead, as I want that fund to pay off the credit card and earn the max interest.
    Trying to weigh up whether raiding the rdf/christmas money/overdraft is workable
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family