Do One, Debt!

Options

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Too tired for a FpF (facepack friday) tonight, hoping for a Sort yourself out Saturday though!
    Happy weekend everyone!

:rotfl: Haha hope you got to do SYOS (Sort Yourself Out Saturday). Nice to see it catching on :D:D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hooray it's a long weekend!
    Visited friends today, then headed to their local shops for a nosey. Bought a nice top and a scarf from the chazzer total spent £5.50 and both items were on my "to buy" list i.e. I am trying to buy what I need, not what I fancy. Got a few other bits in the p@undland there then went to Asd@ which had a whole wall of reduced crisps so bought a few 6 packs.
    Tomorrow looks like good weather so I am going for a walk which will take me to a shopping area, I have an order to collect, plus healthy list of freebies, sh@pmium items etc so will see how much I can acquire at no cost to me!
    I'm a bit worried that I've splurged too much early on in the month, so I will be trying to stick to a budget of £50 per week. That has to cover food and travel - it's not much money as travel at best is about £25 per week. We shall see...
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm writing this here as it helps me to remember what ends when:rotfl:

MBNA March 2017
    Hulifax Oct 2017
    V!rgin Oct 2018
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm adding this in, as in a few months time I hope to eliminate a chunk of the cc debt with these savings!

£500 (hanging around in the H@lifax bills account until I find a home for it!)
    £2100 6% regular saver
    £27 RDF (from mse extra income hustling!):money:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 May 2016 at 10:42AM
    Options
    H@lifax £1008.5 per month - bills
    F!rst Direct £475 per month bills & savings pots
    Monthly outgoings 1483.50

Remaining cash £390 for travel, food, entertainment, clothes

Hfax
    Rent 467
    Mortgage 287
    Council tax 66
    Water 25
    Electric 50
    Insurance 13
    Phone 18
    Mobile 7.50
    MBNAcc 1 25.00
    MBNAcc 2 25.00
    Hfax cc 25.00

FD
    Saver 300.00
    Bday and xmas saver 70
    Hairdresser saver 70
    V!rgin cc 35
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 30 May 2016 at 10:40AM
    Options
    As you can see from my many posts, I've had a bit of time to sort myself out over the bank holiday - including a bit of SYOS pampering :o

I had (!) £500 savings hanging around but I just spent £100 on home insurance. Paying annually saved over £12, plus I saved £60 compared to my current insurance, plus I did it via tcb so should be on for £22 cashback. One thing I didn't bother with was using the dibs card for points as the cc payment fee would wipe those out and I do not want a possible auto-renewal on a cc.

So this will reduce my outgoings by £4.75 per month, which is fab! I think I could do with an 'annual spends' account as there are a few big purchases I make - just spent £40 in bo@ts on an 18 month supply of high strength vit D and evening primrose oil :rotfl::eek:
    Maybe I will add the £4.75 to the rdf? Or is this a bad idea? Will I start dipping into rdf to buy special offer cereal in bulk, and end up with no cash to replace a broken boiler one day? Could be a slippery slope!

I also got an app called wunderl!st, quite straightforward to use and I have made a list of birthdays and xmas, showing the amount I spend per person. I've also added a note for each person if I've already bought something.
    I'm still on track to cover all bday and xmas costs with my £70 per month squirrelling. Each time I buy a present, I pay myself back out of that account. All of the people I know have birthdays bunched up close in about 3 or 4 spots in the year, so it works well for me to spread the cost. And last year - when I was ill and off work and broke- the worry of how to pay for xmas!!!! I do not want to go through that again! T@lkT@lk saved the day with £100 for switching otherwise xmas would have been cancelled!
    Luckily this year I'm ahead of the game, I already have £60 worth of gifts bought. :money: all less than half price in last years sales.

I'm gathering a few piles of things to donate to the chazzer and the foodbank. I'm picking up food freebies and free trials etc where I can, so that at least I'm donating something once in a while.

Shopping lists are working well for me too...just a list on my phone notepad, nothing fancy...write down what I need, buy it if it's a good price when I'm in the shops, delete it from list once bought!

In case that's all sounding very worthy and perfect, let me tell you that I've not cleaned the house in 2 weeks, and I still have not gumtr££d the tv or ebayed my latest "stock". As I type, I'm eyeballing a birthday gift which has been awaiting wrapping for more than a week!

Right, I'm off (to procrastinate probably :rotfl:)
    Gonna
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 31 May 2016 at 2:08PM
    Options
    My bank card was stopped for suspicious activity! Because I bought insurance and got a paypal refund?! Well better safe than sorry.
    I have sewn the following - hole on duvet, bra wire - back into bra, split pocket on bag, hole in fave top. Cut down two pair of old leggins to wear as shorts/jamas round the house (I live alone, obviously!)
    Still have a pile of sewing and have not wrapped the gift either....
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    Haha glad to see you're indulging in a bit of SYOS :D

Nice savings on the home insurance Gonna :T My mortgage payments went down by £70pm and I squirrel that into my overpayments / rainy day account so it just doesn't get frittered. I might need it for an emergency or as an extra payment but it's there for whatever. Just not frittering. I'd skim that £4.75 off and put it somewhere to be used for whatever.

Thanks for the tip off about the L'0ccitane freebies, got them :):)

Have a great week :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Ena,
    I missed out on the freebie as there were none left, but I still got the £10 off which was handy for a gift I wanted to buy.
    I need to go into the new bank this week with my ID to get this new account opened, I actually need more accounts for squirreling!
    Cashed out £5 cash on swaggy, hopefully that and my h@lifax £5 bonus will be here by the end of the week which will increase the rdf to £37. Hopefully I can get the rdf up to about £80 so that I can get the oven fixd (no rush right now as it's warm, can't say I'm doing any baking or roasting right now but will need to by September onwards though).
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    Ah shame about the freebies. Perhaps they'll do it again at some point.

Haha squirrel away, you'll get that fund up in no time. I've started looking for roadkill, only got 6p so far but it's early days. I must look really depressed when I'm walking round with my head down......eyes peeled for coins :rotfl::D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family