Do One, Debt!

Options

Comments

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Good luck in your new job xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    First week at new job has gone well - colleagues all seem nice and the work itself is straightforward. It's a disgrace really that I'm being paid the same money (well £500 per year less so almost the same) as my last job, even though I'm a level or two "lower" with much less responsibility!
    Health has not been good this week, have had temperature and swollen glands. Luckily as my job is so easy, I've been able to carry on and just come home and sleep!
    Moneywise - I did treat myself to lunch out every day and have spent a fortune, obviously that has to stop. The complication of new job, ill and my oven breaking :mad: has held me back, but next week will be full :money:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Made it through a second week of work :T
    Health is improving, and managed to bring lunch to work on 3 days. Did spend quite a lot of cash through the week really, would benefit from a bit more meal planning. Luckily it's a long weekend :j so I can try and get myself sorted for next week.
    Still not smoking, made it to 1 month :T can't say I'm missing it :money:
    I really want a new bag for work, I'm telling myself I have to wait a few more weeks until I get paid. Until then I will window shop to find a lovely practical bargain, then try and order through topc@shback.
    I got a free bottle of fabric conditioner from w@itrose today - not exciting but it made me happy! Poor store- I only got the card for the free hot drink in the cafe! :rotfl:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Made it through a second week of work :T
    Health is improving, and managed to bring lunch to work on 3 days. Did spend quite a lot of cash through the week really, would benefit from a bit more meal planning. Luckily it's a long weekend :j so I can try and get myself sorted for next week.
    Still not smoking, made it to 1 month :T can't say I'm missing it :money:
    I really want a new bag for work, I'm telling myself I have to wait a few more weeks until I get paid. Until then I will window shop to find a lovely practical bargain, then try and order through topc@shback.
    I got a free bottle of fabric conditioner from w@itrose today - not exciting but it made me happy! Poor store- I only got the card for the free hot drink in the cafe! :rotfl:

Yay you made it through. Hope you've settled in well and are getting in the swing. A nice bank holiday weekend now as a lovely reward :)

Brilliant about the no smoking too......think of the money saved, and your health of course :T

Have you tried charity shops for a new (to you) bag? I've trawled round loads today and there's some lovely stuff. I tried on a top that still had labels on and it was a bargain, but unfortunately a bit short for me. I always look at the bags and purses but I resisted them too!

Have a very relaxing weekend Gonna :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm still thinking about bags Ena. Funny enough the chazzers round here don't seem to be good for bags. I don't know if I want a tote or a rucksack yet. Not a lot else to report - got a top up shop every item was on offer/discount apart from milk! Shopping list is working well for me. Next step shall be meal planning!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 11 May 2016 at 7:05AM
    Options
    Hello again
    Only two more weeks until my first salary...I need it now I'm overdrawn :(
    Although on payday I'm actually getting 6 weeks pay, which will be nice when it comes. I've done a bit of meal planning and have taken an "emergency" lunch (oatcakes and soup) to work to keep in my drawer. Last week I made lunch but forgot to take it and so lunch became expensive....
    I'm a bit ahead of the game having bought some presents in the sales, but I'm going to get my gift savings going again. 40th birthdays start this year.
    Also now I'm earning, I'd like to put all of my "extra" earnings in a separate account so I can see the fruits of my toils. I started last week with the monthly £5 bonus from h@lifax. I can get some cash for some donated eb@y-able items and a few of my own still to list, the small tv needs to go back to gumtree now that big tv is fixed. So earnings from those sales can go in the account too. Not sure what the cash will be used for yet! Rdf?
    I'm not doing very well with swaggy lately - never any surveys, broken links on all of the app downloads. Inbox£s is ticking along as it always does. I started doing the freepostcode lottery but I think I also need to get a new survey earner going soon.
    Had a lovely freebie today - a work related seminar on a v dull subject but it was at a v new luxury central London hotel with a sandwich lunch, so I kindly volunteered to go. The bathroom had heated toilet seats!!!!!!!!:rotfl:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    Hello again
    Only two more weeks until my first salary...I need it now I'm overdrawn :(
    Although on payday I'm actually getting 6 weeks pay, which will be nice when it comes. I've done a bit of meal planning and have taken an "emergency" lunch (oatcakes and soup) to work to keep in my drawer. Last week I made lunch but forgot to take it and so lunch became expensive....
    I'm a bit ahead of the game having bought some presents in the sales, but I'm going to get my gift savings going again. 40th birthdays start this year.
    Also now I'm earning, I'd like to put all of my "extra" earnings in a separate account so I can see the fruits of my toils. I started last week with the monthly £5 bonus from h@lifax. I can get some cash for some donated eb@y-able items and a few of my own still to list, the small tv needs to go back to gumtree now that big tv is fixed. So earnings from those sales can go in the account too. Not sure what the cash will be used for yet! Rdf?
    I'm not doing very well with swaggy lately - never any surveys, broken links on all of the app downloads. Inbox£s is ticking along as it always does. I started doing the freepostcode lottery but I think I also need to get a new survey earner going soon.
    Had a lovely freebie today - a work related seminar on a v dull subject but it was at a v new luxury central London hotel with a sandwich lunch, so I kindly volunteered to go. The bathroom had heated toilet seats!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Evening. Payday will be here before you know it, and yay for a bumper pay. Wish it was like that every month :)

Are you 40 this year? Mine is next year :eek: Good planning getting stuff in the sales, it makes things so much easier and it's good to be organised. I always feel a bit smug when I get ahead with pressies :D

I think it's just good to build some savings up then see. Maybe allocate some to rainy day, some to emergency fund and some for frivolous fun!

Heated toilet seats? Oh my!! I'd never leave :rotfl:
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Ena,
    I have 2 years to go but I'm one of the youngest in my gang of friends. I spent so much money over the weekend...met up with so many people...well I had a nice time. I think I ate out twice a day. I really need to get my oven fixed rather than eating out all the time.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    Hi Ena,
    I have 2 years to go but I'm one of the youngest in my gang of friends. I spent so much money over the weekend...met up with so many people...well I had a nice time. I think I ate out twice a day. I really need to get my oven fixed rather than eating out all the time.

Your friends are leading the way into the next decade, it won't be so bad when you get there :) Same for me, some friends are older. They can hold my hand as I turn 40! So not ready yet though :rotfl:

Is your oven fixable? How many meals out would pay for a new one? :) It's nice to eat out though :T

Have a lovely weekend :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    edited 20 May 2016 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Ah the weekend!
    Some good mse activity this week...
    Swaggy and inbox£ both looking healthy at 600pts and £6.50:T
    Applied for a new cc via tcb, was approved, £30 cashback in the pipeline:T
    Applied to switch bank acct, hoping it's approved as worth £150 switching bonus
    Halved my travel costs by walking a LOT but it's free exercise, saves cash and the weather's warm :T
    Took lunch to work 4 days out of 5 :T

Ena I will need to take time off work and get someone out to fix the oven, I'm just waiting until after payday! Lucky me I had a few catchups last weekend so lots of food out with friends. Also it's summer, I should be eating salad.

Too tired for a FpF (facepack friday) tonight, hoping for a Sort yourself out Saturday though!
    Happy weekend everyone!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills