Do One, Debt!

Options

Comments

• catriona79
    catriona79 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Options
    Well done gonna! Lots of action I see!!
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Hi all,

Very exciting news- my section 75 claim was accepted!!!! £500 refund for the broken tv, in cash in the bank. I just need to get the repair carried out on it which means I will have spent £240, leaving me £260 in credit.
    I have a meeting with work next week so let's all hope it gets sorted. Applied for a temp job today, so fingers crossed for that.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well the work negotiations are done. Just need to sign contracts in the next few days hopefully.
    It is a huge relief. I've also applied for a few temp roles, fingers crossed I will be temping and earning again soon.
    Money wise...I'm still a disaster zone. Had a big night out on Saturday, not hugely expensive and had lots of fun but ow :(my head!
    The vague Konmari style sort out is still ongoing. I have done 3 bags of rubbish, one binbag of ok clothes for the recycle bin, one bag of bras for the collection bank in M and S, a small bag of clothes still like new for bay of E. And I am someone who clears stuff out fairly often:rotfl:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Work contract still being finalised (just dotting i's and crossing t's) but looks like it won't be signed today so let's hope I can sign on Tuesday and then get the money from them very quickly.
    Been browsing the Konmari info on the net, and have rearranged my kitchen drawers, wow the space I have reclaimed! And I can find stuff! The purge on the house has blown me over, there's still bags of carp being chucked out every day. It's great though, feels like a real fresh start. Also made me quite sad at times to think how much I negelected myself, if the state of the house is anything to go by.
    Finally got around to listing stuff on the bay of E, have 40 quids worth on, and one item already sold. I really need to wash and iron all of the clothes I found for re-sale but am not in the mood for doing that today, it can be a fun easter bank holiday task.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    1 bag of books and a yoga mat to the chazzer today, on a little "reverse shopping" trip. Used batteries, used energy saver lightbulbs and brokeb elec toothbrush all deposited in the appropriate recycle bin.
    Bay of E sales seem to be coming along nicely....
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Things sound like they are definitely on the up gonna, nice one. Well done on nearly being there with the old job so onwards and upwards to new things. Out with old and in with the new. :T

Good luck with the eb@y sales. It's great getting rid of stuff and making money isn't it! :D

Have a great week :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Dear me I got ill p, and quickly....horrible cough, fever and chest infection, bad enough for the gp to see me and give antibiotics - right away thank goodness, also have 4 days left on my pre pay prescription certificate which is lucky!
    Sold 6 items = £40 on bay, need to post them later once I'm able to leave the house.
    Work contract signed and just awaiting confirmation of payment.
    Not following up any job leads as far far to ill to be interviewed this week
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow it's a horrible illness....hit me like a truck. Also I keep getting ripped off! Checked my haul from the chemist and half my prescription is missing, then today my bay postage cost over £20, checked my receipt and had been charged £7.68 for 12 first class stamps that I never bought? I hardly know my own name I'm so weak, could do without this!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Oh gonna, sorry you're feeling poorly. It's horrible when you're in the depths of it. Get yourself well, get your strength back and then you can sort out your meds and being overcharged. Get well soon x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Ena and Abba, when I get ill, I really do get ill. Feel pretty rotten but trying to see the positives...needed to stop smoking again and have certainly achieved that!
    Been checking the finances and making a load of notes on how to juggle the payments. Am stuck in a bit of a loop as I have money coming to me, have currently got 4 cc's but all are 0% until varying times. The monthly minimum payments are £150. So I'm weighing up paying one or two off to reduce the monthly min payments VS paying bits off across cards. Also I have the 6% savings account which I can whack money in, that will pay out in Nov 16. Then there's money to live off as I don't have a job.
    I applied for universal credit so hopefully I will get some income whilst job hunting.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family