Do One, Debt!

Options

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Ah gonna, sorry to hear things are a bit tight. You've had a lot going on in the last few months so thing are bound to have taking a battering.

Not all that long ago, I'd transfer money to my little savings accounts but well before payday, they'd be zeroed down as I'd ran out of money. It's so hard. Have you tried YNAB? I can't remember. That's been a winner for me really, and having lots of little savings accounts that I pretend don't exist. Things will be better in a couple of months so hang on in there.

Have you tried mystery shopping? Comps? Looking for roadkill?

A few more of those research projects would be nice eh?
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Thanks Ena. I think that really I just can't manage on £250 per month for food and entertainments.
    It's not really that much money, say £60 per week for 3 meals a day plus any meals out (Nandos) and any bits and bobs like clothes, tights, toiletries, household stuff, make up.
    I'm sure that it's possible to manage on that amount, but I don't want to try that hard! I could give up the odd meal out, and just eat boiled rice and veg every day but I think I would be very miserable and a bit ill! And to be fair I'm only going over by £50 each month. Not bad going all in all.
    £60 research paid in cash, thanks very much! Unfortunately I spent it all virtually straight away as my best friend became unwell so taxi fares, and food out last night and today, has eaten more than half of it up. So that's a shame, although it would be more of a shame if I hadn't had the £60. It would have gone to the rdf and technically this was a very rainy day emergency.
    I'm not doing ynab- I do have a separate accounts for bills, xmas&bday savings, hairdresser money, which works well. I have £80 saved for xmas and I am Not Touching It as that is the way to skintness, no doubt about it!
    I can have more to live on when I'm not paying debts back :)
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    I can have more to live on when I'm not paying debts back :)

:rotfl: This made me chuckle. Won't it be a lovely day when our debts are paid and all our money is ours to keep or spend or save. We're getting there :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    I'm not sure what my budget is or was, but we can consider it "blown" after recent events.
    -I had a big night out with best mate. It was great, long overdue, but cost over £50
    -I have spent £40 on charity sponsorships.
    -I've been eating out
    -I just ordered £150 of clothes in the sale (won't keep them all though!):eek:
    -I bought a new set of crockery because I saw one I liked and my current one is chipped

I'm just going to have to rob peter to pay paul for a while, by taking out another money transfer on MBNA I guess:(

I need to look at slowing down the pace of repayment after Oct, when the last saver payment goes.
    I think I have to repay mbna 1 by November so I will be able to get that monkey off my back at least.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Sometimes its easy and we can do it and sometimes we just need things! To be honest its quite important they you have plates for your kitchen. Clothes are important. And where on earth would any of us be without our bff's.
    I hope you are being kind to yourself.

Good luck with clearing the mbna. Xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself gonna, sometimes we need to say blow it, spend whatever and then refocus. Small steps and we will get there :)
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Thanks PSL and Ena, I'm ill again at the moment and just a bit fed up of being tired, run down etc.
    I'm going to do some sums later and work out how to deal with things.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • GoingToDoIt
    GoingToDoIt Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 3 September 2016 at 9:02AM
    Options
    Well at home and ill and moping, it istime to refocus and be positive.

I double checked all bank accounts and ccs. I have moved things around and paid things off. For the rest of the month I should be able to survive on £120. I am £370 into my £500 overdraft. I have cashed out £15 swaggy and £15 from Tcb. If I keep any of the clothes I ordered, that may just cover it. Otherwise it's a small rdf/buffer.

Next month I will have to live in the overdraft again, or in effect live on my £250 allowance.
    When I get paid on Oct 25 I will not need to pay £300 into my saver and so I can pay off a chunk of overdraft.

In the first week of Nov, my saver will mature and I will use it to pay off £1900 from Halifax which must be paid by Jan, and £1900 MBNA which must be paid by Nov. This will nearly halve my debt and will kill off the monthly £25 mbna payment. That's just 2 months away

I could have balance transferred the overspend to the empty mbna but I'm just so pleased no to have it hanging over me, or to have the stupid £25 monthly payment going out, it seems like a step backwards to start it up again.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
  • Orange_Ena
    Options
    You can do it, November will be here before you know it.

Hope you feel better soon gonna.
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    Budget blown-been severely ill and had to get food deliveries which costs £££s.
    My pay is probably also going to reduce because of being off sick so much :mad:

On the plus side I have been told of a job going at a place I used to work, starting round the end of my current job. It would be another 6 month contract, and paying 3k per year more than this job. So a possible pay rise which would help with getting the debt paid off!
    :beer:
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills