Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide

Options

Comments

• eve495
    Options
    I have had the Credit Card Sentinel scheme since long before January 2005 which renews automatically every year and still in operation. Do I fall within the claim period and if so do I make one claim or two claims? Will I have to cancel my contract too? Thanks
  • mrusty5
    Options
    Thanks to advice, claimed and received cheque this week for £289. Now going to try for pre 2005. :)
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

• sallyfil
    Options
    I completed the claim form, but realised it should have been in capital letters. Should I request a new form? I haven't sent it yet?
  • abster_2
    Options
    I sent off my AI form in january and it was pretty easy to do i just followed templates on here. I got chq this week for £394!!
    so easy so happy!! :T:j:beer:
    now gonna try get pre-2005 payout. I had it thru lloyds tsb credit card. Has anyone done this/been successful? did u have any documentation to send? where did u call/phone?

any tips/advice much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • abster_2
    Options
    KingBob wrote: »
    Just to encourage others to pursue compensation pre 2005. After completing my original claim form using the MSE template I received £191 compensation for the period up to 2012 (when I had cancelled my Credit Card Sentinel policy).

I then wanted to pursue compensation for the period before 2005 - I had been paying for this "protection" since 1987. I called the AI Scheme on the telephone number in their letter 0800 678 1930. They confirmed how long I had had the product for and the date the first payment had been made.

My product was to "protect" a Barclaycard so I then contacted Barclaycard on 0800 151 0900 and, eventually I got put through to the right person after saying I wanted to make a claim about misselling. They took details over the phone, even asking me what my preferred payment would be if the claim was successful. This was in mid September 2015 and they advised I should hear back within 8 weeks if my claim had been successful. I had heard nothing by mid November so I chased them on the number they had given me 0800 096 6580. They advised there was a backlog but they would be in touch within the month.

They then wrote to me within a week and paid £463.36 as compensation for the period 1987 to 2005. I had a couple of queries on the calculation and called them and each time they were extremely helpful.

I was delighted to say the least and I was encouraged to pursue this after reading other cases on this MSE forum. Just a few phones calls and a bit of perseverance needed to reach a very satisfactory conclusion. Give it a go!
    Thats so awesome Kingbob. Think I will try pursue pre 2005 from Lloyds. What were the reasons you gave that you believed it had been missold if you don't mind me asking?
  • PeterPan1952
    Options
    Received a letter in the post, inviting me to vote for the AI Scheme to go ahead. I did.
    A few weeks later, received a second letter, inviting me to claim. Very simple to complete; sent it back and, after a couple more weeks, received a cheque for £277 :-)
  • sue2012sue
    Options
    I threw my letter away as I had no idea what I was really claiming for and what to write.
    After reading the advice on this site, I asked for another claims form and filled it in( no idea what it all meant!)
    Got a handy cheque for £153.
    Thanks for you help!
  • iyesha87
    Options
    does anyone know if i can claim a refund for the monthly fee for having a account with them?
  • newbie8
    newbie8 Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is this card protections? If so, does it include when you have taken out the benefits that come with a bank account?
  • chrisl27
    Options
    i have contacted the ai contact numbrer, they cant find me on their system,they say i have to provide evidence that i was a member such as bank statements etc
    i joined several years ago so dont have that type of evidence now,anyone have suggestions on what i can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure