IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Elderly keying my new car

edited 18 September 2015 at 2:28PM in Motoring
305 replies 50.8K views

Replies

• What a joke... Thanks for re-posting the link. Hope it helps anyone in future. Police are coming at 7pm today. Will update the thread.
  • dannyrstdannyrst Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    rover005 wrote: »
    Guess what - Just caught her again! Called 101...

Here is the money shot youtube.com /watch?v=bK2USm6quUg

In this situation, I'd confront the woman with the evidence and threaten her with police action if she doesn't foot the bill for the repair.

Threatening someone with police action will probably get you further than actually having her dealt with by the police.
  • I think it's disgusting what your neighbour is doing, there's absolutely no reason for it but a genuine question - why are you not parking your vehicle outside your own property to save the vehicles from the vandalism?
  • pulliptearspulliptears Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dannyrst wrote: »
    In this situation, I'd confront the woman with the evidence and threaten her with police action if she doesn't foot the bill for the repair.

Threatening someone with police action will probably get you further than actually having her dealt with by the police.

TBH from what I've read about her here she seems the type that wouldn't give a toss. Racial abuse and harassment already from her, she thinks she's above the law. Fingers crossed now the local plod show her she isn't.
  • MinrichMinrich Forumite
    635 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Trouble with that video of the RR is the identity of the person doing it . We all know its the woman but how can it be proven?
  • Trouble with that video of the RR is the identity of the person doing it . We all know its the woman but how can it be proven?
    - Witnesses? She's always wearing the same pink jacket.
    I suggest that the OP is not English and that is a big part of the problem.
    - that is her motive I suppose.. Also being told to go back to where I came from is a clue...
    I think it's disgusting what your neighbour is doing, there's absolutely no reason for it but a genuine question - why are you not parking your vehicle outside your own property to save the vehicles from the vandalism?
    - It doesn't matter where I park - she will always find a way to scratch it. To be fair, I try parking as close to the CCTV as possible to catch her. Overnight, the whole street is rammed up and there is literally null spaces available. I left the car overnight at that spot and It wasnt until 1600 that I went to the shop and noticed the scratch.

If you look closely, there is a black land rover further down the street - she managed to scratch that one too - just a proof that she doesnt care where you park.
    635 Posts
    ✭✭
    rover005 wrote: »
    - Witnesses? She's always wearing the same pink jacket.

- that is her motive I suppose.. Also being told to go back to where I came from is a clue...

- It doesn't matter where I park - she will always find a way to scratch it. To be fair, I try parking as close to the CCTV as possible to catch her. Overnight, the whole street is rammed up and there is literally null spaces available. I left the car overnight at that spot and It wasnt until 1600 that I went to the shop and noticed the scratch.

If you look closely, there is a black land rover further down the street - she managed to scratch that one too - just a proof that she doesnt care where you park.

A person in a pink jacket is not going to prove it's her , the police need to seize that coat from her house asap
  • statorstator Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to the local paper. Make sure they know the police aren't taking it seriously. They will love this story, especially as you've got a photo of her clearly doing it.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • photomephotome Forumite
    15.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have to say i thought the OP was darkmatter at first.

Now it looks genuine it is shocking.

how much evidence do the police need she comes out of the same house wearing the same coat, its not going to be hard

lock her up for a couple of weeks
    635 Posts
    ✭✭
    photome wrote: »
    have to say i thought the OP was darkmatter at first.

Now it looks genuine it is shocking.

how much evidence do the police need she comes out of the same house wearing the same coat, its not going to be hard

lock her up for a couple of weeks

Well you do need more evidence than that....... But just getting the coat will help the case. Anyone could be in the coat ( yeah i know its her) but criminal cases need to proven beyond reasonable doubt , there is doubt in that video , isn't there ?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides