Elderly keying my new car

Options

Comments

• bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    Is there actually CCTV footage?

Because that is not CCTV looks like it was filmed with a phone.
  • angel_of_dartford
    Options
    bigjl wrote: »
    Is there actually CCTV footage?

Because that is not CCTV looks like it was filmed with a phone.

The you tube clip was filmed on a smartphone, it was the cctv clip played back on the screen
  • joeblags
    Options
    she might be an old woman but if she kept doing that to my car I would knock the coffin dodger into an early grave
  • ttoli
    ttoli Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This happened to me a few times years back , they'd actually wait until I'd had it resprayed, we all knew who it was but had no proof, so after the forth time, someone slipped into their garden at night and poured about a gallon of nitromors over their shiny new Capri 280 Brooklands , funny thing was no more cars got damaged after that.
  • rover005
    Options
    I got the CCTV from the neighbour just now.

Thing is, the old dodger has been harassing all of us for years - she was trespassing into our property when we were doing the extension taking photos to report us to the council, calling the DVLA to report new cars (of guests) on the street and the list goes on..
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    treboeth wrote: »
    In no way condoning the actions, but those cars are parked on the pavement and this will bee seen as justification to many.
    Yep. If somebody is repeatedly keying your car, stop and ask yourself if there may be some contributory stupidity on your part that they think they're retaliating against.

And that video screams "stupid, selfish parking" to me.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Yep. If somebody is repeatedly keying your car, stop and ask yourself if there may be some contributory stupidity on your part that they think they're retaliating against.

And that video screams "stupid, selfish parking" to me.

The video indeed doesn't show sufficient evidence of the lady scratching the car or clear enough, yes it shows somebody near the car. Why would somebody video it on the phone yet not say anything at the time? Some people do not like others parking outside their house.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rover005 wrote: »
    Thing is, the old dodger has been harassing all of us for years - she was trespassing into our property when we were doing the extension taking photos to report us to the council, calling the DVLA to report new cars (of guests) on the street and the list goes on..
    AdrianC wrote: »
    If somebody is repeatedly keying your car, stop and ask yourself if there may be some contributory stupidity on your part that they think they're retaliating against.

Or she may just be someone who has always behaved like this.

She may have a mental health problem or just be a nasty person.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest I think she's mad at cars parking in front of her property, thinks it's illegal, is frustrated the Police won't do anything and is taking the law into her own hands because she thinks she's too old for prosecution.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    The police are useless in these situations, so good luck. Unless there's free donuts or something they can skim off the top, there just isn't any interest from their perspective. To quote a real police officer - "F the public. If they don't like us, that's fine, we don't like them either".

I too, have experience in my car getting vandalized by an elderly lady. I work in a posh Chesire town (you know the one), where parking is extremely limited. I found a street about a mile away, with 2 or 3 other cars parked and started parking there myself. My car was keyed, had the aerial snapped off, and had the tyres let down. Not to mention a number of threatening letters and fake parking tickets stuck to the windscreen. At first, I thought it was just kids (well, until the letters started coming), but then I got chatting to the other people who parked there and they all insisted it was the old lady who lived about 4 doors down from where we were parking. She took a dislike to the fact we parked on her 'quaint' street and after being caught physically kicking someone’s exhaust, told them her husband has dementia, and "an ambulance can't get through"..... this was a very wide street btw. I refused to believe it, it was so farfetched, so I hung around the corner one morning and caught her myself trying to pull my window wiper off. I angrily ran over with my camera recording and asked her what the !!!! she was playing at. She didn't take too kindly to me, and got pretty obnoxious.

So, I naturally went to the police. Astonishingly, they knew immediately who I was talking about, as if they'd heard this story twenty times before. They said "we'll go and have a chat with her". They phoned me a day later and told me they had visited her house, told her to stop vandalizing and she had replied (no word of a lie!) "I'll stop when people stop parking there" and the officer told me on the phone the solution is to stop parking there.

!!!!ing brilliant. Police work at its finest.

Good luck though, I genuinely hope you have better luck than I do, because it's not nice to find your car vandalized and know nothing can be done.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure