PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2015 Grocery Challenge HO HO HO!!!!

Options

Comments

• CountingPennies
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    Que ???? :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Lx

Lol! It was very late.... I have 10 fingers (including thumbs) :rotfl:

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had a Mr M's delivery, 40 mins early :eek: Good job I was in.Spent £25 on xmas nibbles, inc pringles, nuts n cheese bics.Hope they last till Xmas :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Just had a Mr M's delivery, 40 mins early :eek: Good job I was in.Spent £25 on xmas nibbles, inc pringles, nuts n cheese bics.Hope they last till Xmas :o

I've had to hide our Christmas nibbles since Mr O delivered them on Tuesday, otherwise they won't last a week!
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Only got a couple of bits so fair a massive £4.50 but only carp really!!

Going out with my mum tomorrow and going to get some bits, will try and be good and stick to shopping list but we might be going to Booker's (cash and carry) and sometimes I go a bit mad with the bulk buying, however it does work out cheaper in the long run :D
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 646 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Just realised that I have not yet joined December's Challenge, please can you put me down for £250

I have just had my first grocery shop for the month, and it came in at £162.89. There are a lot of extra bits for xmas, plus filling up the second freezer.

Next shop is scheduled for 23rd December, but may be a couple of very small top up shops in between.

Many thanks for running this thread for us. I will now catch up with everyone's news.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi peony40 - will add your budget to the list in a mo.

I'm a bit annoyed.......Last Wednesday I went out of the house to discover a Riverford Organic veg box on my step. It was meant for number 130 and I am number 30. So I drove that way to work (normally walk) to drop the box off, they weren't in, but I put a note on the invoice explaining that it had been left by mistake. Next Wednesday the same thing happened, and again, I took the veg box up the road (50 houses!!) and put a note on the invoice saying please could they 'have a word' as next time I might just keep it!! Nothing - absolutely nothing from the occupier. No note, no popping by to say thanks, nothing. People are so flaming rude!

Aaaaah that's better. Sorry for the rant!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had to open the pringles, to bribe my pooch into having her ear drops ;)
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh Pringles are so good for dogs. At least my dog thinks so. Hhmm fancy some now!
  • Mozzakate
    Options
    Evening all :)

Just checking in to register a NSD for yesterday. Had a delivery from T*sco today which came to £49.18 but only £24.99 of that was food and the rest came out of the cat and household budgets. I also had to nip to Sainsbunnies to get the stuff I forgot to add to my delivery (d'oh). That came to £14.50, so that's £39.49/£150 so far.

Just updated my signature as it was woefully out of date!
    As of 5/4/16 :
    *Grocery Challenge 31st March - 27th April £53.36 NSD's 6/28 *RAGI2016: #34 £43.64/500
  • DuranGirl
    Options
    And today's award for "Most Creative Reason for Opening the Pringles" goes to...

candygirl wrote: »
    Had to open the pringles, to bribe my pooch into having her ear drops ;)

Maybe I should consider getting a dog... but I really don't want to share my Pringles!:rotfl:
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure