PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2015 Grocery Challenge HO HO HO!!!!

Options

Comments

• CountingPennies
    Options
    Gone over budget the last 2 months.... but still gonna try and stick with my £400 for the month please Zippy!

Going away for new year, and did a biggish shop yesterday so I really need to try this month not to "pop to the shops"

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • Mozzakate
    Options
    Hello, can I join please? I have hardly posted at all since I joined (and lurked before that for a few years) I have become a bit silly with money again and need a massive kick up the rear! I'd like to try for £150 for food only for me and my 12 year old DD.

We have a larder and freezer full at the moment so can live off that with a few top ups for fresh stuff and milk for my DD, won't have to buy anything in regards to Christmas food as we're not at home so that's useful! We also have a cat and two extremely hungry and naughty kittens but their food and litter will come out of a different budget, which is £50 per month.

Today will be my first NSD, so off to a good start already! :)

Thank you and have a good month everyone. Kate x
    As of 5/4/16 :
    *Grocery Challenge 31st March - 27th April £53.36 NSD's 6/28 *RAGI2016: #34 £43.64/500
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,196 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Woop woop!

Please put me down for £120 again... CHRIMBO!!! :xmassmile
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £0/250

Decluttering 869/2024 Awards 🥇
    (30/04/24)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello gang!

Sorry for my absence - it's been a busy time for me, culminating in a front row seat at Saturday's Strictly Come Dancing live show - yeah baby!!!

A very warm welcome to the newbies - I admire your gumption joining in December - whoop whoop!
    crazy_cat_lady, petsitter2000, KeepOnKnitting, pieapple and Mozzakate :D

Another warm welcome back to Bluegreen143 - I was wondering if you had any baby news yet. Please keep us updated :D

I went to Aldi today and bought a box of biscuits for cheese (another cheese perv here) plus some Florentines nomnomnom. They are in the cupboard, hidden from DH and the children!!!

Good luck to everyone for December :)
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • DuranGirl
    DuranGirl Posts: 287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2015 at 6:13PM
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »

I think I'm addicted to cheese - a cheese-a-holic me !! Maybe we should have a cheese club thread :rotfl:

Lx

A cheese club thread?! I'm finding hard to keep off the boards already :rotfl:MSE has replaced facebonk in my life, as you're not allowed to show how it really is in your life on there, it seems to me. Or that may just be the people I know, only showing the fantastic side of their lives, or I'm just jealous. No, I don't actually want a boat, when it comes down to it :D

Discussing cheese would surely lead to buying more cheese... and I'm not sure my budget or my waistline would approve!:D

£27.10 in Aldeee today - toilet rolls, weekend nibbles for girls' night in (cheaper than going out) and a phenomenal amount of bread, milk and orange juice for DS the food hoover, who appears to be turbo-charged in the fridge department just now. Thank goodness I can bake!
    3-6 month EF Challenge Member #19: £3590/£6000.[/B] Craft destash from 22.5.22: 46/200. Declutter from 22.5.22: 105/250 Car finance PAID OFF £7,848.88 IN 2019 (0% LOB)
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I normally just do one big shop a week (picking up milk and salad in between if needed) but last week I only meal planned for a few days so I got my husband to nip into Mr Ts on the way home to get some stuff for the next few days.

He stuck faithfully to the list and spent £10.27 on food (plus lots more on Christmas and a new baby present but again he'd stuck to the list!).

The £10.27 included chicken breasts, bacon, cream, courgettes, peppers, salad, milk, frozen spinach and a couple of tins of value chopped tomatoes.

Meals for the next few days (assuming I don't go into labour!):

- Chicken, potato gratin and green veg (adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe)
    - HM veggie tomato pasta bake & salad
    - HM veggie korma, rice and HM naans (curry base sauce and naans already made in freezer)
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Luck Bluegreen143 Tomorrow is my eldest DDs birthday she is 48 and my youngest is 46 on the 19th December so I had two December babies, One of my five grandsons birthdays is on the 16th December as well :):):)

Its a lovely time of the year for babies I think(mind you anytime is lovely for bairns :):):))
    I had a no spend day today as my coffee was paid for with my Dobbies voucher this morning at coffee morning.
    Tonights quiz night's £2.00 comes from my entertainment Happy Cash Stash and I get asupper with that as well :):):)
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £5.29 spent today, which leaves £144.71
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Coxy and JackieO :)

I must confess, in spite of being very uncomfortable just now, I'm hoping the baby holds off a day so I can cook up the veggies and cream in the fridge to avoid waste if I go into hospital for a couple of days. Brainwashed by the grocery challenge :rotfl:

Should be a NSD today. JO chicken was very nice last night, today I plan to make the curry and pasta up for the next couple of days. Might make bread to slice and freeze too.
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    12.99 on courgettes, aubergine, weetbix, yogurt, cottage cheese, mushrooms, peppers, a bar of choc for the security guard at work, and a bag of christmas biscuits for the lovely people in IT.

I'm debating including the christmas works do, but I don't think I'm going to.
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure