Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2015 Grocery Challenge - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

November 2015 Grocery Challenge

edited 12 September 2015 at 3:08PM in Old Style MoneySaving
278 replies 21.7K views

Replies

• peony40peony40 Forumite
    522 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Afternoon all,

Had a couple of shops over the weekend which totalled £43.18. This leaves me with £131.52 until the end of the month but I am hoping not to use all this as I would like some money to put towards christmas gifts. Next year I will be organised and have separate saving pots.
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spending this month has gone a bit haywire so far....£19.18 so far and I am shocked that over £10 of this has been on unnecessary treats (including a couple of bags of G&T flavour crisps, for research purposes of course :D ).

Leaves me with a paltry £50.82 for the rest of the month.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • wishuswishus Forumite
    936 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    G&T?

Actually, sharp, herbal and lemony... sounds quite nice!
    Still wanna live in a house in the countreeee! Debt-free/£25K paid OFF!
    October Grocery challenge £88.35/£150
  • CrowdpleaserCrowdpleaser Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    £5.54 spent in Mr L. I needed porridge. Also got caster sugar, onion chutney and glac! cherries whilst was at it.

£97.94 is my total now.

Should have lots in tho and have written meal plan for next fortnight already so am hopeful..... lol
  • freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All

So I popped into Morrisons at lunch time today and ended up coming out with enough to feed a small army - 10 big, thick, pork shoulder steaks (2kgs); 1lb lean, diced stewing steak; 1 smoked ham hough; and a two-pack of macaroni pies (:o) and a bag of bananas for 9.22.

The steak and hough will be made into https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/8148-mulligan-stew#. with a few fresh veggies and cupboard staples so should keep us going for a bit.

We do, of course, have the remaining BNS and sausage bake from last night for tonight.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • LB29LB29 Forumite
    51 posts
    Hello, but late this month but can I join up again. Going for£200 again please. Just need to get my receipts together and work out how much we have spent/wasted.
    November GC-£128.30/£200
    SPC9-#538
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Budgets updated to here :)

Welcome/welcome back to:
    katkin, Justforme, Jenner, mandatory, Jeaney, VintageLady, smallholding77 and getting-sorted-sarah :D

Billie-jo - hope you are feeling better.

Shopped at Aldi on Saturday - different store to my usual one as I went to see my Mum. I plan to go again on Friday as I have a day off work (whoop whoop). Budget not looking too shabby.

Good luck all
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: A Pair Tree by Susan Hillis Designs
  • Oooh, can we have an update on the G&T crisps? My local co-op have chardonnay and something crisps but I have not succumbed yet!

Bought a sandwich at work today because I was too spoilt to eat the can of soup I had brought. :mad: I appreciate that for many of you a can of sop is a cardinal sin, let alone a bought sandwich, but please be gentle with me! This is not coming out of grocery budget - just chalked up to idiocy! Veggie mince fajitas this evening with left overs for tomorrow's lunch, that ought to keep me away from the sandwich van! :p

I am attempting to make bread to avoid buying any but the dough is looking temperamental - I think it may end up as pizza bases and I may buy a loaf for sandwiches for DS's lunch. He started college this Sept and I am so glad he seems to be happy with a packed lunch still, I was dreading daily requested for take away food!
  • WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    I haven't been on here for AGES - must be over a year - and would like to be in again with a target of £70. (May have to repost this from my laptop - can't change the font size or colour on this gadget!)
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • Evening all just checking in with a gold star as not bought nowt since Monday lol xx
    NST October #24.
    NSD 16/20
    £125/£150 Family Budget..