New Post Advanced Search

November 2015 Grocery Challenge

edited 12 September 2015 at 3:08PM in Old Style MoneySaving
278 replies 21.7K views

Replies

• WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    70 for me for November please! (And this is where I realise my cheap recon laptop is American and doesn't have a pound sign!)

According to what it says at the top of the page, I last visited here on 15-10-2014. Since then I've downsized from my house to a one bedroom flat. I'm very happy, as are my two cats, and I'm managing my finances quite well. But as I now have a great-grandson overseas I want to be ultra frugal to free up money for a flight (have been once!). So, back on the grocery challenge.....

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I've got quite a bit in the freezer, but not much store cupboard space now, so we'll see how I do!

Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a NSD today, and have made a very random, but tasty pumpkin, kale, lentil n chilli soup! Blitzed it, then added a bit of curry powder, n it's delish:p
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • NSD today for the challenge! Happy days!

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    So far this month my food spending has been 5.68 - spent on milk, cheese, fruit and veg. Made a sourdough loaf yesterday, so no bread to buy. Sliced and froze half of it.
    It isn't too difficult to produce tasty and nourishing meals when you have good stores in the cupboards and freezer. And the sourdough starter just sits in the fridge until I need it, with an occasional freshen up with a little flour and water. My starter will be 5 years old in January, and gets better as time goes by.
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • Really chuffed to have made it through a second NSD yesterday and feeling like I'm getting back on track ... NSD no 3 today :)

First meat box arrived yesterday from local butcher ... very happy with it :D:D

Veg box due today from Abel & Cole - haven't logged on to see what I'm getting so will be a surprise!! I'm going to look at Five a Day Box as although I know they're not organic with 6 bellies to feed I may need to look at quantity over quality.

Meal planning done - fridge/feezer stock lists made and blue tacked to kitchen tiles!
  • JennerJenner Forumite
    11 posts
    Fourth Anniversary
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Morning all after 2 NSDs I went shopping yesterday at Aldis armed with a list picked up everything I need which should keep me going for a week or two I hope. Also picked up dog food which should last 6weeks. So my spend for yesterday is £43.02
    Windows 2548.50/3518.50
    CC1 2876.14/4100 - 0% Oct 2020
    CC2 0/2100 - 0% Nov 2019
  • cat4772cat4772 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    I have £244 remaining of my monthly budget after spending £55 in Aldi on Sunday (though this did include a set of fleece pyjamas for the hubster at £9.99).
    Yesterday I spent £4 at the Greengrocer's on fruit and veg to tide us over to the weekend (this included £1 on two punnets of fresh raspberries that my daughters love.

My store cupboards are fairly well stocked; the freezer's aren't as well stocked but if I have money left over at the end of the month, I'll be filling these up at the local farm shop.

Feeling positive about November's challenge.

Cat.xx
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • joedenisejoedenise Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shopping done for everything I need for next week's meals and spent £17.45 in Mr Ts and £7.44 in Ald!, so total of£24.89. Will update siggy shortly.

Denise
  • 1.79 to add for milk and sultanas from home barginos. Actually went in coz it was next to argos and I wanted to look at the prices of toiletries. Lots of stuff we like to use at really good prices so think I will try to do a hb run at the beginning of each month to stock up on whatever we need.

Xx
  • VfM4meplseVfM4meplse
    34.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to treat myself to a small boule of artisan bread for £1.56. Spread with butter and eaten with a large coffee made a simple but delicious late lunch and the grains curbed my sugar craving.

Total spend so far: £20.74/£70 :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!