Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2015 Grocery Challenge - Page 14

New Post Advanced Search

November 2015 Grocery Challenge

edited 12 September 2015 at 3:08PM in Old Style MoneySaving
278 replies 21.7K views

Replies

• My first spend of the month! £39.83/£200, which really pleased with and should keep me going till the 13th Nov :)
    Grocery challenge May £167/£160, June £38.88/£160
  • mrs_motivatedmrs_motivated Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Another big shop, but the started buying food bits for Chistmas and bought 3 large YS joints of meat for the freezer....so although it's early in the month I still think I will stay within my budget.

£177.70/350
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • edited 7 November 2015 at 6:40PM
    wmfwmf Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 November 2015 at 6:40PM
    £15.10 spent over last couple of days. Getting low on fruit and need to get some more things for mains this week. Mostly veg left in freezer now so I should be able to get it defrosted soon.
    £114.54 left from £150
  • peony40peony40 Forumite
    522 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Evening all,

Had a spend of £14.11 today, and have an online shop due for this coming Monday which should be approximately £43.76.
  • WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    Was not planning on spending today, but ended up in Po*ndland, where I splashed out £2. Three tins of tuna, and 250g of medium roast ground coffee. The coffee may turn out to lack taste - who knows - but at that price I'll give it a go, and save my posher one for the odd special cup!
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • CrowdpleaserCrowdpleaser Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    5.75 spent today in Mr s on eggs, some cooking bits and broccoli. It really is these little shops that push the totals up!
  • wannalotwannalot Forumite
    150 posts
    I spent a total of £19.65 today and yesterday in small shops at Morries, Home Borgains and Tosco, which is not bad at all for my big weekly shop. I still need to cut out a lot of rubbish I buy though, for the sake of both my wallet and my belly!

I was especially pleased with Tosco this evening, with YS bread, delicious YS croissants and an expecially bargainous YS curry pot deal. I had a very nice chicken curry, rice and Nan for around £2. It was a very good substitute for a Saturday night takeaway and satisfied my yearning for a curry.

I also got a voucher for £6 off a £40 shop, so I'll do my last big shop of the month there next weekend, and then survive on just a minishop until the end of the month.

I'm really hoping to stay on budget this month, but it will take really careful planning, as I have guests in a couple of weeks, and I really want to make them welcome. They will probably be subjected to some of the delights of my freezer though!
    January GC: £0/£110
    Aims for 2018:
    1. Stick to GC targets!
    2. No buying of books until I read what I have!
    4. Lose weight!
    5. Build up some savings!
  • mrsdmrsd Forumite
    255 posts
    Please can I be included again this month, my budget will have to go up to £250 as DS is now home and Im adding more Christmas bits to shop. first week shop came in at 39.42 so leaves me just under £211 for the month. Fortunately a lot of my present shopping is done and Ive managed to do a few hours overtime at work, so that will make a difference come pay day.
    Thoughts to all. Mrs D.
    Grocery challenge £52/£150 for June.
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another NSD today , mainly due to the awful weather, but need to go to ALD1 tomoz for a medium shop :) Dare I admit I haven't even started my XMAS shopping yet?:eek::eek:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • WinchelseaWinchelsea Forumite
    693 posts
    ✭✭
    Popped in to my local Mr S. as I needed some yoghurt for a recipe. Bought some bananas (reduced) while I was there, also some frozen peas. Total spend £2.52 - not bad.
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!