Clearscore

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Build a history by applying a sub prime card or one with your own bank and use it sensibly, paying off in full each month.

You don't need a made up score to apply for credit.
  • mjsnorthwest
    Options
    I am just one of millions of TalkTalk account holder that required a credit check and be able to monitor my credit rating and activity over the next few months. Registration was simple and the security checks were easy and simple with all your financial details to hand.

The report was 100% accurate with my current financial situation. The report was presented in a simple to understand way with a clear ability to see any irregularity on my account holdings and activity.

You can see that this is an evolving website as Timeline and Goals are coming soon. My only negative is that reports are written monthly and you have no way of seeing a day-by-day basis activity that is undertaken in your name. Let us see what they provide in the future. As this service is free I must rate it excellent.

:j
  • egg1000
    egg1000 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Just used Clearscore for the first time, layout is not only beautiful, but also frighteningly accurate for someone who hasn't used a service like this. Very big brother, but report looks ok, which is assuring given the talk talk and e2save/Carphone warehouse data losses. Either I'm lucky or it hasn't hit me yet. Just glad I don't use my talk talk email for anything online as it's unusable as it's riddled with spam anyhow!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,913 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As per previous posts there are loads of glitches on the reporting so I would not rely on ClearScore for providing accurate information about your accounts but it is obviously useful for checking for searches and new account opening.
  • Rosylee
    Rosylee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    I raised a dispute with clear score and then received an email from Equifax which in theory has a response but this is all the email says!! I can't even reply to tell them the email is actually blank, so I have no idea how I can respond. This is the whole email, nothing missing apart from the email address.

IMPORTANT This is an automated email please do not reply to this.
    Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
    centre. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it
    within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
    Yes, I'd like to raise this dispute with my 'Accounts' information-Amendment

This message contains information from Equifax Ltd. which may be confidential and privileged.
    If you are not an intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited.
    If you have received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail postmaster@equifax.com.
    Equifax Limited is registered in England with Registered No. 2425920. Registered Office: Capital House, 25 Chapel Street, London NW1 5DS. Equifax Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Reply Reply to All Forward 
  • Scott33
    Options
    Atrocious! I registered for ClearScore and went through the validation process but ALL of the addresses associated with my post code are incorrect! Not only could I not pass the validation but, quite possibly, all of the Equifax credit reports on people living in my building are incorrect!
  • Wingco44
    Wingco44 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2015 at 3:09PM
    Options
    I have just opened a ClearScore account and found it beautifully clear and the visual representations are excellent. I have some issues with my Mortgage debt being less than reality - I wish it were true!
    Also, where they ask for mortgage details, I have 3 different mortgages with 2 different companies but when my main mortgage company, The Woolwich/Barclays wasn't on the list (I ticked none of the above) it appears to have ignored my main property mortgage.
    I will contact ClearScore help email for clarification, but loving what they are doing so far. There are bound to be problems but there are with all credit rating companies. I've not found Experian at all accurate and the others are similar. It takes ages to correct errors. They are quick to post problems and they should remove errors equally quickly.
    I would like to see substantial compensation for these errors as they can screw up mortgages and other loan applications.
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Scott33 wrote: »
    Atrocious! I registered for ClearScore and went through the validation process but ALL of the addresses associated with my post code are incorrect! Not only could I not pass the validation but, quite possibly, all of the Equifax credit reports on people living in my building are incorrect!

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to locate your address. From your description, it sounds like it might not be on the Equifax database. If you contact us using this form https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2 we will be able to look into this further and hopefully look at adding your address to the database.

Thanks,
    Aleksandra from ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I checked my report yesterday and said 1 day before a new report. Checked again this am and still staying 1 day.
  • Westminster
    Westminster Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Savvy Shopper! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    They time it to the second it seems - but the smallest interval they can show you is 1 day. So it will probably be available later today.

You will get an email when it is ready.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure