Clearscore

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    All my (several) accounts that have been opened during this year are showing the monthly reports from January so an account opened in April is showing J F M A M J instead of A M J J A S.
    They have fixed this now, all new accounts reporting correct months.
  • DebtSlave
    Options
    Just signed up and I'm pretty impressed. It's saved me 2 quid finding out if HSBC are still reporting my payments late (they are) and everything else is looking pretty good. I'll get my assertive pants on in the week and give HSBC a call. Again.

Edit- what's a Credit Quotation search? Apparently Capital One did one the other day.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 November 2015 at 2:08AM
    Options
    DebtSlave wrote: »
    . . . Edit- what's a Credit Quotation search? Apparently Capital One did one the other day.
    Also known as a "soft" search. You can see the search on your file but other lenders can't. MSE's Eligibility Checker uses soft searches to assess your chances of getting credit cards.

More info <here>.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • MERM_2
    Options
    Clearscore

Even though I have been making additional payments, my report is still the same as when I opened it three months ago and the information is allegedly up to date as at 26 October.
  • Beano123
    Options
    Clearscore have just realised that I have three current accounts with TSB and Lloyds.

Not sure why they're being flagged as "new" accounts as the TSB ones have been open since May 2014 and the Lloyds since March.

Unless they Lloyds group, and TSB, are now reporting to additional credit reference agencies? :think:
  • woodface7
    Options
    Looking at the Clearscore 'how to register' demo, I was surprised to see they ask your salary. That can't be for establishing your identity, as it's not generally seen by CRA's. Maybe to decide the kind of credit offers to pitch you?

It would be nice to know whether that figure is stored against your name on Equifax, Or is the data traffic all one way in that relationship?
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    woodface7 wrote: »
    Looking at the Clearscore 'how to register' demo, I was surprised to see they ask your salary. That can't be for establishing your identity, as it's not generally seen by CRA's. Maybe to decide the kind of credit offers to pitch you?

It would be nice to know whether that figure is stored against your name on Equifax, Or is the data traffic all one way in that relationship?

Almost certainly one-way.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    woodface7 wrote: »
    . . . I was surprised to see they ask your salary. . .
    One of the factors, not mentioned by ClearScore, which is used to asses creditworthiness is the ratio of your available credit to your income. It's likely that income data is used to decide on affordability - how risky it might be to extend further credit to you.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • lufc7
    lufc7 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, clearscore can you please help. I have read the FAQ on the clearscore website but I don't quite understand what I am meant to do still. I have recently moved and need to update my address with yourselves. (Not electoral roll I have done that via the council), but the process seems ridiculously longed winded. It was very easy to do with noddle. Please can you explain the process clearly. Thank you
    'If you ain't living life on the edge you are taking up too much room'
    'Everyone dies but not everyone lives'
  • Younp
    Options
    Just accessed this site and it seems very easy to use and has some potentially useful bits and pieces 'coming soon'
    The information is not as complete and detailed as I have seen elsewhere and there are recommended suppliers etc. that may or may not be useful to some users but one would need to be a bit careful of interest rates etc.
    Not a bad little tool though for the zero price tag.:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure