Here I go again...

Options

Comments

• LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Posted on the credit rating file and the advice was to leave it open and not use it so I'll lock it away in the safe :D

eBay stuff still getting bids... Eeep so exciting!

LMD x
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £2806.86 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £1045/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £30114.47
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    eBay sales came to £150.67 less eBay and PayPal fees so not bad at all :T
    Sealed pot 2024 £2806.86 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £1045/£3000 | Holiday spends £540 | General Saver £30114.47
  • LittleMissDetermined
    LittleMissDetermined Posts: 8,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 18 October 2015 at 5:41PM
    Options
    I've just paid off the very last of the Santander card... I feel so happy! :T 9 months ahead of schedule based on my pre-MSE lifestyle

All thanks to the eBay sales and sheer determination on the PADding front! Halifax is next up

LMD x
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Fantastic news. No stopping you now :T:T:T:T
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

I am having a really good week spending wise, *knocks on wood* although it's only Tuesday... homemade lunches and instead of going out for dinner with my sister tomorrow evening I have offered to cook... YAY go me!

I logged on to the Santander account this morning just to make sure it actually was at £0.00 and that all my payments made were showing. I feel immensely proud of getting that nailed... and already 2 payments made to Halifax, nowhere near pay day yet :T

I still have a few more payments to come in from the eBay sales, might have to nudge with another invoice... would like to get they posted and out of the way.

We are going away next month so I need to make sure my PADs count right up to going away and then when we get back as I will have missed a whole week:rotfl:

I do however need to find some spare cash to get my hair cut. It has been absolutely ages since I went and although it's not cheap at £40 for a cut and blow dry I do colour it myself so I save £50 there.

Looking at the vast amounts I have to clear spurs me on to PAD with determination, my regular debt payments are £850 each month (I overpay on all of them) so PADding on top of this means I can get through the debts that bit faster... and then I will have at LEAST £850 spare a month to start overpaying on the mortgage.

That's the plan anyway... but as I found out last time; Life gets in the way! I will try and stay on the straight and narrow this time.

LMD x
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Just signed up to the 3-6 months wages challenge... been meaning to do this for ages but something else always crops up! I've opened another linked saver onto my bank account for this but I know it will take me a long time...

LMD x
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    LMD, you seem so well prepared - advance planning for when you are debt free is brill!

I'm sure the Halifax balance is ready to take the battering you are going to give it over the next few weeks/months!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Is there something wrong with the forum? There seems to be an awful lot of random !'s around across multiple threads :rotfl:

So, lunchtime on what I would like to have been a NSD but I have been to the post office to dispatch 2 more items which had been paid for... just 2 to go now and then when we are back from holiday I can find some more things to sell... shouldn't be too hard to find 20 a month should it? Our house is full of stuff we don't use.

Obligatory PAD this morning was split between the Halifax card and the Emergency Fund which has not moved in a while... I have read on the threads that it's really important to have one so I must remember not to neglect this.

Had a little check on my Halifax balance this morning just so I can hear that it's going down, I'm like someone posessed!

I have to be honest, the Halifax one has never been subject to my PADs before and they still send me paper statements so it will be amusing to see that when it comes through, they'll wonder what on Earth I am up to...Getting rid of them that's what!

LMD x
  • AleMrsT
    AleMrsT Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    Hi LMD! I've ready your diary so far and have subscribed so will follow your progress. You're doing great so far! I've noticed the !! with the posts today too, must be a glitch.
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Welcome to my humble diary AleMrsT I am always happy to have guests, have some virtual tea and cakes!

So today I have checked the old Santander account to see if they have added any interest charges as I am sure they will at some point(?) Nothing so far but I will be watching it...

Halifax PAD's are going well, another bank round down this morning went in their direction.

My final eBay payment has landed today so that can be taken to the post office tomorrow morning. I am surprised at just how much I am enjoying eBaying my stuff, although I need to be careful as the recommended postage price does not take into account all the padded envelopes I am having to buy... must make sure I up the price of P&P next time :( thinking about it, I sold almost 60 items and having to fork out for packaging for each at 30-50p a go can soon add up!

I have signed up to a new survey site that pays cash, I'll aim to do a survey each day where I am eligible and see if I can mount up some income that way. Top cash back is still tracking nicely :T

Just transferred eBay money out of Paypal so I can use that for tomorrow's PAD :D

That's the plan anyway...

Keep smiling lovely MSE-ers, tomorrow is Friday!

LMD x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure