We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Dragon's debt diary

Options

Comments

• mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh Dragon - this is not good. You both take care of yourselves. Bloody employers - what is it that makes them think they can treat people like this. Noone should be made ill by their work situation - yet here we both have other halves who are getting just that. Makes me really :mad:.

Lots of deep breathing and rest - then when you are feeling better get some advice - this can't be legal. Big hugs.
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    oh hun you must be worried about him (and you too) sending love and hugs ...i know money will now be a worry for you ...but you will get by just please take time for you both to relax sounds like you need it ..take care hun if you need me at all just pm me
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    mizmir wrote: »
    Oh Dragon - this is not good. You both take care of yourselves. Bloody employers - what is it that makes them think they can treat people like this. Noone should be made ill by their work situation - yet here we both have other halves who are getting just that. Makes me really :mad:.

Lots of deep breathing and rest - then when you are feeling better get some advice - this can't be legal. Big hugs.

Thanks mizmir - Mark is just looking for another job - if he needs to take a slight pay cut we can cope (just about! Luckily I have loads of stash and so my money can go into the pot - I am unfortunately tied into a phone contract so can't get out of that for another year)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    oh hun you must be worried about him (and you too) sending love and hugs ...i know money will now be a worry for you ...but you will get by just please take time for you both to relax sounds like you need it ..take care hun if you need me at all just pm me

Thanks El - Money shouldn't be too bad but obviously everything is not as rosy as it could be (hmm wonder how soon I can pay off my CC!)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    okay with everything that happened over the weekend and Monday my weight decided to go up :mad: - mizmir and I have a "lose a pound a week" challenge going and I obviously have not succeeded! I said (on mizmir's thread) that this week I need to lose 3 pounds :eek: but she persuaded me to stick with just trying to lose one!

Dr Dragon has applied for a couple of jobs so watch this space :D
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The_Dragon wrote: »
    okay with everything that happened over the weekend and Monday my weight decided to go up :mad: - mizmir and I have a "lose a pound a week" challenge going and I obviously have not succeeded! I said (on mizmir's thread) that this week I need to lose 3 pounds :eek: but she persuaded me to stick with just trying to lose one!

Dr Dragon has applied for a couple of jobs so watch this space :D

Good luck to Dr Dragon!

Now - am resisting going for seconds for that pound a week challenge! So far.....:rotfl:
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    mizmir wrote: »
    Good luck to Dr Dragon!

Now - am resisting going for seconds for that pound a week challenge! So far.....:rotfl:

Well done you! I have just had a seriously healthy tofu and vegetable stir fry!
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Okay Thursday in the Dragon household - Dr Dragon is having headaches (we hope this is the stress decreasing because as it increased he got headaches!), I have an appointment at the Pain Clinic (oh joy, oh rapture, oh rapture, oh bliss!! can you tell I am looking forward to this ..... NOT!), but in other news "playing scrabble" is paying off! 2 pounds off since yesteray :rotfl:
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Sunday has arrived - the pain clinic went well I am down to one visit a year (good news because I hate hospitals - not so good as it really means there is nothing else they can do and I just have to learn to live with the pain :cry:), in other news with Dr Dragon being off he is paying for everything so I am saving money which should mean I can shove a bit more onto the CC this month coming - so that should help!

Weight wise - this is coming off apace, at this rate I will be into the next stone level before Wednesday this week! Currently weighing in at 21-3.5 and on Wednesday just gone I was 21-7 :eek::D:eek:
  • The_Dragon
    Options
    Wowza! just checked what my weight was last Monday and I have lost 4.5 pounds in the week! :eek: - only another 4.5 to make my next mini target I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport