IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye fine Tower Road Newquay

Options

Comments

• Parkrage
    Parkrage Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    "You might need to be prepared to cover/rebut this if/when you receive the PE evidence pack (around 7 days before the date by which POPLA will deal with your appeal) and PE argue this point."

Just to say that my 'Evidence Pack' (all 51 pages of it!) arrived by email on the very day that POPLA were due to deal with my Appeal; and then PE sent further 'evidence' to ourselves and POPLA several days later!
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    In our case, Parking Eye sent evidence to me and The Court, (their contract with Fistral), then denied it.

The Judge said, "I've got it here, you sent it to me."

Amateurs.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • PTJBS05
    PTJBS05 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Ok I have done my appeal online and attached the letter as a word document. Lets see what happens now. Thanks all.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 October 2015 at 1:40AM
    Options
    PTJBS05 wrote: »
    Good Point I called the Cornish council and their charges can very from as low as £25 using the discount offered to pay straight away or as high as £70 depending on circumstances.

The driver did input the reg, so perhaps it was mistyped.

Hhhmmmmm
    You can tell from the rejection letter. If they are alleging an overstay above paid-for time it says 'we have checked our records and can advise that an insufficient tariff was paid' or something similar. If the typo was an issue so they could not match a payment the rejection letter would have said fairly vaguely 'your appeal is rejected because tariffs apply'.

Come back when you get your 'evidence' which will arrive DAYS later than POPLA email you. So you will need to reply to POPLA and ask for your case to be put on hold until the evidence turns up at your end, then re-start the seven days clock to comment on their drivel.

I am really hoping the Ombudsmen Service quickly sniffs out the scam behind a parking firm using two differnt start times and favouring the one that operates disadvantageously against consumers, who quite rightly, rely upon the start/expiry times shown on the receipt/pay & display ticket.

Also the fact that (except in cases where a driver never uses the P&D machine) the contract only starts from when the money is paid (Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking confirms this) and certainly on a busy day it could easily take as much as 12 - 15 minutes before a driver that enters past the cameras, gets a P&D ticket.

I wrote your appeal in a similar way to the ones I have been submitting because I think the above scam needs airing at POPLA at every opportunity and because you'd made a damn good effort to find things out and sort out your appeal from scratch, a fine example for other NEWBIES.

Hope it works for you. Let us know when you get the evidence, what PE say about the 'grace period' and the 'landowner authority' etc.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-Mad, I have checked the rejection letter and it does say, as you expected "recent appeal unsuccessful due to the fact that tariffs apply at this car park. On further investigation our records show that insufficient time was paid for on the date of the parking event"

There is so much help on the Newbies Sticker so I did spend lots of time trying to apply these posts to my own case. However I have to say I didn't find it easy. Extremely time consuming but worth it.

As I said before we all have busy lives and I guess some people would take the lazy option and expect someone to do all the work for them for "nowt" , but if that's the attitude then they should just pay the parking fine and be done, because that's not fair.

I was really honoured to receive the help I did on this thread and it encouraged me to try to read more posts and try harder to understand replies on here (I have to read things 3 or 4 times before I start to understand) the only way I can show my appreciation is to read replies and action as advised and thank people.

I checked Popla today and they are still waiting for PE evidence

I went to visit my elderly Aunty the other day, who is a nervous wreck naturally. She explained to me that she had entered Iceland Car Park near where she lives and drove out. She got an invoice from PE and being the panicker that she is paid it immediately.

She went on to tell me that she couldn't believe that she had broken the law etc etc and she was really worried even though she had paid the invoice.

You can imagine my fury when I explained to her that I had gone through the same thing and that I was contesting the charge. She was even more upset then, now she feels conned.

However my aunty couldn't go through all this, so people like her just pay. All over the country I expect. It actually made her ill.

My advice to Newbies would be to appreciate the help and act on it. But to try and understand as much as you can yourself. If a working mum of 2 like me can get through this (educated only at GCSE level) then anyone can do it !
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Your Aunty's situation is typical. Awful to read about.

Even disabled and sick people at Hospitals get these £100 demands from ParkingEye. Honestly, if any of my kids ever worked there I would be ashamed but luckily they are scientists doing medicinal research jobs/degrees and the younger ones are planning similar.

PE, Park Direct UK, UKCPS, PCM, Link Parking, District Enforcement and your ilk - the above is a real job. What you do can't be described here without swearing.

Parking firms should be very ashamed of what you do and if you find yourself enjoying it, twisting rubbish about 'footfall' to hapless landowners who let you turn the screw on their customers, or turning down appeals 'because you can' - you really do have a problem. Sad.
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT !!!!!! I cant stop smiling SUCCESS already I did not expect this so easily after my appeal to popla. Let me just compose myself and I will post more.
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    So I logged onto Track My Popla at the weekend and it is still showing a pending in progress status. I then received a letter from Parking Eye this morning to say the charge had been cancelled.

There is no outstanding payment on this account WHOOP

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that gave me the encouragement to fight against this. I cant find the words to say how grateful I am.

It is very satisfying

My last questions are, do I need to post this success story to help others ? if so how ?

Lastly shall I cancel the appeal with Popla online ? that says its irreversible

Cant believe it ! YAY
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Well done! :j

You can post your success in 'POPLA decisions' (near the top of the forum) in fact, because this is a case of the PPC throwing in the towel. Counts as a POPLA win. I suspect POPLA will email you to say the PPC has told them they do not intend to contest the appeal, so you win.

Post about it and show your linked letter and a link to this thread.

Don't remove your POPLA appeal. You win anyway if a PPC doesn't send any evidence. I've linked your POPLA appeal in the NEWBIES thread as an example, although it was pre-Beavis so would need some extra tweaking for people to use it now. It has lots of facts and details in the argument, that has caused PE to throw in the towel before, so I was confident for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure