IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye fine Tower Road Newquay

Options

Comments

• PTJBS05
    Options
    Even though I have appealed online to parkineye I have since received another notice saying that £100 is now due because I didn't pay it on time. Is it still usual for them to send out paperwork even when you have started the appeal process ?
  • PTJBS05
    PTJBS05 Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2015 at 10:22AM
    Options
    Does anyone know what I should do if I have already submitted an appeal through the Web Portal on Parking Eyes site but I am still get reminders from them in the post ? Should I ignore the reminder until they respond from my appeal ? or should I contact them again ?
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    You should complain to the BPA Ltd that Parking Eye are continuing to process and chase you for payment despite an appeal being received and under consideration.

You would like to know what action and sanction points will be awarded against PE for this breach of the AOS Code of Practice.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Parkrage
    Options
    Wish I'd had such a letter to send to Newqyuay Golf Club. Just to say, they never replied to the one I sent them.
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    Thanks I will try that now !
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    Parkrage: I haven't heard anything back from the golf club either. Did you have success with your appeal though
  • Parkrage
    Options
    No, I've heard nothing back from my Appeal although the hearing date that POPLA gave me was 3rd or 4th September. PE emailed me a 51 page 'evidence pack' which arrived in my Inbox on the exact date the hearing was due; this being while I was away on holiday. I haven't had time to counter the evidence point by point, as someone else on this site has done, and others recommend. However, part of their 'Evidence' was a letter signed by some official at the Golf Club ostensibly confirming that PE have authority to issue PCNs on their behalf, and I've argued that point using a letter suggested by Salmosalaris. I've been thinking of tracking my Appeal on the POPLA site but, again, not had time.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 September 2015 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Why aren't you both writing back to Golf Club, courteously affronted by that failure to reply at all?

'As registered keeper, I note, in some disbelief, that there has not yet been even the courtesy of an acknowledgment to my letter of [date], let alone any answer to any of the points raised.

A further copy is now attached. It will be insufficient to....'etc.etc.
    #
    Look at your wording -
    '.....was a letter signed by some official at the Golf Club ostensibly confirming that PE have authority to issue PCNs on their behalf,'

There's quite enough there for you to attack. You need evidence of date and valid signature from the landholder on a contemporaneous, unredacted contract. Think about it.

Some very recent popla successes have honed in on defective 'authority' documents.
    #
    Have you followed MR's advice on #24?
    If not, do so.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Parkrage
    Options
    I am going to do that once I've heard the POPLA outcome. Somebody on this forum early on criticised me for taking a shotgun approach and not focussing on just getting the POPLA Appeal sorted. I did actually ask on this forum what sort of wording to put into a letter to a golf club, as they don't have the same commercial interests (that one could exert leverage on) as a retail outlet, but I had no reply.
  • Parkrage
    Options
    The documented submitted in evidence to POPLA by PE said that the landholder is the 'Trustees of Newquay Golf Club. The document was signed by the Manager of Newquay Golf Club, saying that he was authorised by the Trustees tO state that PE are authorised to issue PCNs.

Here is the document: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0cfiheepx1c1yk/Newquay%20GC%20Witness%20Statement.jpg?dl=0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure