IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye fine Tower Road Newquay

Options

Comments

• PTJBS05
    PTJBS05 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    ok that all makes sense , I just wondered if I should get more angry in the letter. I found the threads that show successful complaints , but I couldn't see any template type complaints and I am not great at letter writing or getting angry.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you dont want to annoy the people that can get the charge dismissed , ie:- the landowner

also tell them the driver bought a ticket but was confused by the machine and there was no financial loss so you want the PCN cancelled (dont call it a fine - its an invoice)

no naming the driver

edit post #1 to remove those personal details too, PE read this forum
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    Edited :-)
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Ivor_Pecheque Posts: 745 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 4 September 2015 at 1:05AM
    Options
    I had so much fun, I moved there !

The are three PE car parks on Tower Road, The Golf Club, The crappy cafe one, and Holy Trinity Church.

PE did run the lower beach car park, but got kicked out.

There is a lot of local bad feeling about Parking Eye...let people know how you feel on the "Newer Newquay" facebook page. The "Newquay Voice" always love a good Parking Eye story, and remember to leave your trip advisor feedback if you have used any local services - eg Rick Steins new chippy at Fistral.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
  • PTJBS05
    Options
    Thanks Ivor ! We equally had a fantastic time in Cornwall and we have decided never to go abroad again, why go abroad when you can have weather and beaches like you can in Cornwall. I would say we would probably be regulars now, but more careful with parking !

I am not sure which of the 3 landowners car parks we were in to be honest, we think the car was parked in the far left corner after entry.

We used all the local services and the Rick Stein chippy was amazing, so amazing we went there 3 times and got a take away to take home ! Mmmmmm I will post some info about my experience next week when I get some time on the PC. No problem.

I haven't finished ,my appeals or letters yet as we had a family emergency, but I hope to get things posted on Monday. Thanks for your comments everyone. Great help.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don't post anything anywhere that might link identifiable you to this parking event. In parkinglie land, 2+2=whatever they want them to equal.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• PTJBS05
    Options
    Sorry ampersand I don't understand ? what do you mean your advice is so welcome
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 September 2015 at 2:45PM
    Options
    No social networking on this parking event please. Was just concerned by 'Mmmmmm I will post some info about my experience next week when I get some time on the PC'
    #
    Perhaps along lines of -

Reference : Parking Charge Notice – ParkingEye

Dear Sir / Madam

I understand that you are the land owners of the Tower Road Car Park.

After a happy first family holiday in Newquay, we came home to a parkinglie invoice addressed to the registered keeper of vehicle [reg.no].demanding a Parking charge payment of £100!

I now know the accompanying invoice is unenforceable, but the letter is threatening and intimidatory.

£3.20 was paid, allowing [if memory serves] 2 hours parking, which was not fully used.

Research indicates you are not always aware of what this private parking outfit is doing in your name, discouraging visitors to a lovely area.

The car was de-sanded [2 small children!] , cleaned, re-packed, but inspection of the Pay and Display machine will prove our paid presence.

As registered keeper, I have now done some homework and affirm that the signage was neither prominent and clear, nor compliant as required by law for a private car park.

The purchased parking ticket, visible on the dashboard, was genuinely thought to be a 'pay and display' for the beach. We are still puzzled as to why it is not.

Had a penalty ticket been left on the windscreen, we might have understood what to challenge then and there. The demand was dated 13 days after we parked.

With this in mind we would ask you to instruct cancellation of this baseless charge.

The space was paid for. The vehicle was gone before 2 hours were up.

£100 is not a reflection of any loss to you or anyone else. It just doesn’t make sense.

If you have instructed parkinglie to patrol this area, please now instruct them to cancel this facsimile invoice, which has no basis in law. I would prefer not to have to take this further, as several motorists have done, winning compensation from parkinglie.

With our small children, we loved Cornwall, but this shabby practice cannot be part of it.

We now learn that Parkinglie, with their poor reputation, were expelled from the Lower Beach car park recently. Presumably, this process is ongoing.

Please respond at your earliest convenience, confirming instruction to cancel this charge.

Yours faithfully,
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• PTJBS05
    Options
    AH ok I understand, yes a good warning thank you. Its an underground world hey !

Now why cant I write letters like that? that is so much better than the one I drafted, I really didn't know where to start. With everyone's help on here I have the perfect formula to give a little fight by the looks of it.

Feeling blessed. Your advice is ON BOARD.
  • Ivor_Pecheque
    Options
    PTJ, follow the advice on here,and you won't go far wrong.

Concentrate on your appeal, when you do get it sorted, remember to tell everyone in Newquay about your experience ;-)

There is a lot of bad feeling here at the moment.
    Illegitimi non carborundum:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport