Options

Comments

• paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gleparker wrote: »
    Morning!

Advice needed if anyone can help? Been with sky for years.. we have variety package and sky sports..husband pays for BT seperately so for TV each month it's around £93. I told them that Virgin are offering their full house movie package (all channels in HD, BT sports, new V6 box sky Q equivalent, fibre broadband and phoneline incl) for £55 so with addition of sky sports that's £75... I asked if they could do anything and best offer was 33% off which would take our sky to £68 (+bt = £88). I cancelled. Thing is, I can't get virgin and don't really want BT. Do you think they'll make me a better offer and even if they don't can I just reinstate before the end of the notice period?! I'm just so fed up of paying so much for so little when others are getting all sorts for less money?!
    Please help, suggestions / ideas welcomed!

Just cancel. And you will be offered 60% off any bundle. No amount of discussion with leaving dept will do, u have to cancel, then they email ring and send you letters offering the 60% off. You have 30 days to reinstate sky so you have plenty of time to let them stew.
    We have variety plus full sports package for £23 month. Was paying over £50 for just orig bundle and sports.
    You can get orig bundle for £9 month.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,424 Forumite
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    stick to your guns , they will come up with an offer , be ready to get a few days without TV

look under your offers in My sky in your online account

You dont loose the tv, we still had tv and it only took about a week for phone calls emails and letters to arrive with offers.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    gleparker wrote: »
    Morning!

Advice needed if anyone can help? Been with sky for years.. we have variety package and sky sports..husband pays for BT seperately so for TV each month it's around £93. I told them that Virgin are offering their full house movie package (all channels in HD, BT sports, new V6 box sky Q equivalent, fibre broadband and phoneline incl) for £55 so with addition of sky sports that's £75... I asked if they could do anything and best offer was 33% off which would take our sky to £68 (+bt = £88). I cancelled. Thing is, I can't get virgin and don't really want BT. Do you think they'll make me a better offer and even if they don't can I just reinstate before the end of the notice period?! I'm just so fed up of paying so much for so little when others are getting all sorts for less money?!
    Please help, suggestions / ideas welcomed!
    You can stop the cancellation at any time.

Expect a 60% off offer on the Sky TV package any moment (go to your Sky account either online or via the box and it'll already be there no doubt). You could try online chat or another phone call or three :) of course.
  • gleparker
    Options
    Brilliant, thanks for all your help :) I'll stick to my hubs for now!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Presumably you were on one of the more expensive packages? Because they would be paying you to take the basic package :rotfl:
    How long were you actually switched off?
    jenecho wrote: »
    Just came back to sky after they sent me a 75% off offer by email this morning. (ends tomorrow according to the email and for customers who left in the last year if anyone wants to try)

Outdid myself and ended up with 75% off for 12 months but no contract and £80 credit.

Pretty good result!

:beer:

I put in my cancellation and my services were off completely for less than a week - I was on Boxed Sets (was called Family HD?). I went on chat to enquire about switching the Sky+ function back on for free for 6 months as this offer discussed on HUKD. I was offered 75% off immediately, then £100 credit without even having to negotiate (apart from saying I would think about it - credit was immediately offered in the next message). This was £9.90 and I enquired about adding Movies, which took it to £14 per month. It is a rolling contract too so I can negotiate again in 7 months when the £100 credit runs out :cool:. I just landed lucky with the operated I think.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wondered if I would have more success if I rang up or if I just cancelled online.

Will I still receive offers through regardless, only it's easier to e-mail while at work instead of using the phone.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • jblessing
    jblessing Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "chat to sky expert" to cancel online . Or email them

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription

You will get better offers if you cancel (60% off is typical)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 March 2017 at 6:58PM
    Options
    jblessing wrote: »
    "chat to sky expert" to cancel online . Or email them

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription

You will get better offers if you cancel (60% off is typical)

Good offers need cancellations and going through with them. 'Threats' are pointless.

I prefer dealing over the phone, as chat people could be in foreign call centres and working from a fixed script. Too much typing and waiting for responses, with chat, too.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I prefer dealing over the phone, as chat people could be in foreign call centres and working from a fixed script. Too much typing and waiting for responses, with chat, too.

...but much cheaper to use chat rather than a daytime phone call:eek: AND you can get other things done in the gaps...also you can keep a record of the chat...have seen a lot of posts re deals "agreed" over the phone being denied at a later date.:)
  • Howie88
    Options
    Hi, looking for some advice.
    I've just taken out sky tv last week just the basic package with broadband and phone.
    I just received an email stating that new coustomers can get 50% any bundles.
    I was looking to add the box sets bundle so I get had channels but "new customers" can get it cheaper that what I'm paying now, will it be worth my while to call and haggle?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback