Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    mouse10 wrote: »
    Sky keep sending me 'sure we can't tempt you back' emails, I must have had 6 offering Entertainment and Sports for £28. Today I get another one offering the same for £42. what a shower they really are.

I am still getting the £28 offer by post on a regular basis over a year after cancelling. I also got a new email today with a £33 Entertainment, Cinema and Sports.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just put in my cancellation for everything as my bill was going up to £71.49 when the offer on the TV comes to an end.

I had the old Boxsets package which had 40% off making it £24.90 from £41.50 and Fibre max/line rental at £29.99. (£54.89 in total)

When I spoke online to a Sky agent I got offered:
    Entertainment: £20
    HD: £1
    Boxsets: £1
    Line rental/Fibre Max left as it was at £29.99

New total cost: £51.99

I said I'd still like to cancel thinking they'd make another offer but they didn't.

So everything gets disconnected on the 6th Aug.

While typing I've just got a notification on my phone as I have the MySky app and there's already offers for Sky Entertainment at £15, Sky Sports £17, Cinema £10, (or Sports & Cinema for £22) Kids £1, Boxsets £1, HD £1 all on a 12 month contract. (No offers on Line rental/BB/Fibre max)

Arghhh I don't know what to do now as this is the first time I've cancelled everything with Sky.

What should I do?

You shouldn't ever cancel the broadband/telephone line unless changing to Virgin or 4G, it could end up costing you money.

The BB is separate to the TV anyway and not dependant on it. The £29.99 price isn't bad if you don't use the landline at all for outgoings presuming you can get the top speed.

The MySky offer is decent to my mind but only you can decide if it suits you. At least you won't have to argue about the 'admin fee'.
  • venomx
    venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So the best way to get an offer once contract is about to end you call them and ask if they can extent the contract with a discount else you will cancel?
    Surely if you tell them you want to cancel they will come and take the box then you'll be left with nothing?
  • Dave_Gosport
    Options
    You shouldn't ever cancel the broadband/telephone line unless changing to Virgin or 4G, it could end up costing you money.

The BB is separate to the TV anyway and not dependant on it. The £29.99 price isn't bad if you don't use the landline at all for outgoings presuming you can get the top speed.

The MySky offer is decent to my mind but only you can decide if it suits you. At least you won't have to argue about the 'admin fee'.

I'd better get back onto live chat then and say I've changed my mind about cancelling the landline & Fibre.
  • GentleGiant_2
    Options
    Disappointed with my offer via Facebook chat.

£66 for all TV including Netflix & multiroom but without Movies (which seems pointless with Netflix)

This is the same as a new customer. Apparently the loyalty is being able to negotiate new deals.

He just wants me to cancel. All very odd....

Or am I being unreasonable?

Thought I had posted this yesterday, maybe not.
  • Dave_Gosport
    Options
    I'd better get back onto live chat then and say I've changed my mind about cancelling the landline & Fibre.

So I've just come off live chat to Sky and I was told that my monthly bills would be £44 a month.

What they offered me was:

Sky Entertainment - £15
    Boxsets - £1
    HD - £1
    Broadband Superfast - £27

But whats showing on the MySky app is completely different:

Sky Entertainment - £22
    Boxsets - £1
    HD - £1
    Broadband Superfast - £11

I don't know what the hell I've done, but it looks like I'm not paying the £18.99 Line rental which I didn't notice until I had a closer look, So that makes that £35 a month!

I did go straight back onto live chat when I noticed that Sky Entertainment was showing as £22 & I said that I agreed to £15. They did say be rest assured when I queried it.

So if my maths is correct I could be getting the above for £28 a month and I've only lost the Kids pack!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm going to sit back and let the bills adjust itself on the app first so fingers crossed I've got myself a great deal which I'm happy with. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh, and I did have to pay a £10 admin fee. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    venomx wrote: »
    So the best way to get an offer once contract is about to end you call them and ask if they can extent the contract with a discount else you will cancel?
    Surely if you tell them you want to cancel they will come and take the box then you'll be left with nothing?

You start off with asking about any offers armed with alternative options. Chances are that the offer won't be suitable which is when you put a cancellation request in. You'll usually get better offers via either the box itself, the MySky App, your online account or sometimes via email or phone call. I always phone them back in the last week to see if anything else has 'suddenly appeared'.

If you still can't get something suitable then you either let it turn off or phone them back and accept the best offer.

You send Sky Q equipment back yourself in packaging that Sky send to you.
  • venomx
    Options
    You'll usually get better offers via either the box itself, the MySky App, your online account or sometimes via email or phone call. .

Thanks!

Will this be toward the end of my contract that they offer me with a new contract for 18 months with my current discount atleast ?

I currently receive ( 18 months contract )
    £22 entertainment
    £5 HD
    £5 Boxsets
    £13 multiroom/experience
    £16 Sports HD
    £6 Cinema

I'd like to at least keep it the same for another 18 months :T
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    venomx wrote: »
    Thanks!

Will this be toward the end of my contract that they offer me with a new contract for 18 months with my current discount atleast ?

I currently receive ( 18 months contract )
    £22 entertainment
    £5 HD
    £5 Boxsets
    £13 multiroom/experience
    £16 Sports HD
    £6 Cinema

I'd like to at least keep it the same for another 18 months :T

Offers on the MySky app and on the box are almost immediate upon putting a cancellation request in, they may not contact you via other other means at all.

I should think they'd bite your hand off if you asked to be kept on that deal and it suits yourself. I'm currently on:

£15 Entertainment
    £1 HD
    £1 Boxsets

On the 'Your Offers' page online I've got:

From £18 Sports HD
    £11 Cinema

So you're only getting a discount on Sports (is that all Sports?) & Cinema.
  • venomx
    Options
    Yes full sports HD with the " Summer Sport 19 " offer which came in the post a month ago.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback