Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    astreix wrote: »
    I used to have sky enterntainment + hd + kids for a relatively cheap price till Dec 2017 but then they wanted to charge a lot more and I cancelled. It is now 2 months since cancellation and the best I can get is £16 for entertainment / hd / kids on existing hd+ box. Not much offers coming out recently.

Can't get them to sweeten the offer by adding account credit or upgrading to sky q box

Anyone managed to recently get a better price?

You wouldn't have had Entertainment before Christmas on an HD+ box I don't think but that aside £16 for Entertainment+HD+Kids is very good.

The full price would be £25+£5+£5=£35
  • Sarah20-18
    Options
    Cheers for the tips Money saving expert! Followed them to the letter. Sky offered nothing but £1 off near enough so we cancelled. Had loads of deals come through waited our time on last week spoke on live chat unsuccessfully so rang them to be offered £50 a month off + sky q multiroom free installation and a better faster fibre broadband. Great we thought only to get a call a week later for them to say they couldn't offer what they promised and it would be £10 more expensive. Held our nerve requested manager call back as they had delivered the box etc and in the end saved £52 a month! Only tip I would give stay calm and play their games don't get angry! Customer service is the worst I've experienced in a long time but got there in the end. !!!128512;
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vegastare wrote: »

P.S don't forget Sky Freephone number 0800 151 2747 gets you through to all departments

I thought calls to 03 numbers to sky support were free if you have sky talk?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SeeMe wrote: »
    I thought calls to 03 numbers to sky support were free if you have sky talk?
    They are free.
  • Thomas1872
    Thomas1872 Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2018 at 12:23AM
    Options
    I joined Sky in January 2017 for £32 pm for Sky+HD box set bundle, phone and broadband. Contract was coming to end January just gone and I contacted Sky to check what offers they have for me as my contract was coming to an end. They initially said as I had a discounted package so far there was nothing else they could offer me and the price was go up to around £70. I then spoke to them about a week later and was told my account was picked out at random to have another year at the same price so I was automatically renewed without any notification beforehand. The guy I spoke to said I was emailed and when I asked for it to be resent he said he wasn!!!8217;t able to it.

Was Sky correct to automatically renew it without letting me know?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thomas1872 wrote: »

You'll be on a rolling monthly contract, not a new minimum term (besides the 30 days notice that you were already on). They've extended your offer rather than renewing it.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I joined Sky in January 2017 for £32 pm for Sky+HD box set bundle, phone and broadband. Contract was coming to end January just gone and I contacted Sky to check what offers they have for me as my contract was coming to an end. They initially said as I had a discounted package so far there was nothing else they could offer me and the price was go up to around £70. I then spoke to them about a week later and was told my account was picked out at random to have another year at the same price so I was automatically renewed without any notification beforehand. The guy I spoke to said I was emailed and when I asked for it to be resent he said he wasn!!!8217;t able to it.

I would check your future costs via MySky to make sure you really have got a discount extension!!
  • Thomas1872
    Options
    From what I was advised on the call, it was renewed until January 2018.
  • Thomas1872
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I would check your future costs via MySky to make sure you really have got a discount extension!!

Yeah, on the call I had with Sky they said my future bills will remain the same until January 2018
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yeah, on the call I had with Sky they said my future bills will remain the same until January 2018

Hopefully you mean 2019 otherwise you've been done :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure