Our new Broadband Haggling guide - please share your feedback

1789101113»

Replies

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish BT would differentiate between their two flavours of BT Sports app in a more transparent manner. Had to cancel an EE mobile contract after a day when the app supplied as a deal add-on was the mobile-only version rather than the Chromecast-able full fat one. This despite assurances to the contrary by the in-person EE sales rep. 

The difference is just about made clearish in BT's/EE's own sales puff but once it's been reworked by the resellers then good luck.
    Just for info - using the EE log in on an Android TV box gives me HD BT Sport on the big TV !!
  • flaneurs_lobsterflaneurs_lobster Forumite
    289 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I wish BT would differentiate between their two flavours of BT Sports app in a more transparent manner. Had to cancel an EE mobile contract after a day when the app supplied as a deal add-on was the mobile-only version rather than the Chromecast-able full fat one. This despite assurances to the contrary by the in-person EE sales rep. 

The difference is just about made clearish in BT's/EE's own sales puff but once it's been reworked by the resellers then good luck.
    Just for info - using the EE log in on an Android TV box gives me HD BT Sport on the big TV !!
    That's interesting, it was my understanding that the £5/mth BT Sport app would only function on a device that had a BT/EE sim in it with the BT/EE account add-on activated. Are you sure you don't have the full-on BT app (costs £25/mth standalone, bit less if part of a package) that'll run on anything running Android? 
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭

That's interesting, it was my understanding that the £5/mth BT Sport app would only function on a device that had a BT/EE sim in it with the BT/EE account add-on activated. Are you sure you don't have the full-on BT app (costs £25/mth standalone, bit less if part of a package) that'll run on anything running Android? 
    Nope -I'm actually using my son in law's log in !! He can only use BT Sport on his EE contract phone!
  • atlantis187atlantis187 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    will this work on the chromecast with google tv