I Need A New Me

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Fab news Tink, things are really coming together for you :D
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Wow Think that is brilliant. People talk about luck, but luck is probably 70% about preparation and follow-through and 30% random. You made this happen. Well done you! :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Tink,

My safe way is to zip up the files I have and add them to a website for you to download (please check them with any anti virus you have, just in case). I could possibly do that tomorrow for you and message you the web address and access details?

Well done on saving money on the MOT and the extra day's work! I'll be honest, my extra days are whipping me, but if you get to work from home then maybe that softens the blow?

MTxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Sometimes I think I should just keep my big mouth shut. There I am enjoying all that has been happening and then last Tuesday evening I got the wrong train home from a training course and didn't get in until turned 8pm. I didn't have any cash on me to get anything to eat and my phone was nearly flat. I felt like crying. Got home to find we had a gas leak which has probably been happening since we moved in. No wonder I haven't felt well since we have been here and its a wonder we are all still here.

I changed utility supplier when we first moved here and they came and fitted their own meters. Should have been an hours job but he was only here half an hour. Anyway the flux that he used to connect the pipe to the meter had dripped onto the bendy pipe which has then corroded over time and produced little holes. There were four holes and another two places that were corroding. I was in a state of shock but the emergency company were brilliant and came within the hour. I have asked them for a copy of the report he filled in and will be sending a letter to the utility company. I think its disgusting that because he rushed his work, probably to get home earlier, he put our lives in danger.

Then to top all that started getting texts from the ex at the weekend. They were vile to the point I couldn't stop crying. I have now blocked him on everything. Don't know why I didn't do it before. I feel like I am never going to be free of his abuse. DD was raging that he was still upsetting me. He then tried apologising through someone else and I told them I wasn't accepting it and he had gone to far this time, told them what he had put and even they were shocked. Hopefully he might realise now that he can't go around treating people like that. I'm a strong believer in karma.

I feel like I've gone back a bit, tired all the time and no interest in anything so I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and give myself a kick up the !!!!!.

Good side, I start college in a couple of weeks. DD thinks its great for the simple fact I get a student card so I will get student discount lol. I'm also feeling a bit better today. Got new car insurance which is £18 per month cheaper than last years. Time to update spreadsheet.

Hope everyone is keeping ok and making the most of this sun.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Oh Tink, what a scary time with the leaking gas. Truly awful. I think you handled it well. I hope you get compensation. Where I am now my friend has a carbon dioxide monitor. I keep thinking I should get one now I've read your story I'll add it to my list...

The ex is probably aware you are moving on and doing great. You have more work and you are just about to start studying. Good for you for blocking all contact and setting firm boundaries.

You've had a lot to deal with but you have come out fighting that's all you can ask of yourself.

Hugs
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    What a nightmare Tink! Incompetence like that really bothers me, I can't understand the mentality when peoples lives could be at risk!

Your ex sounds like a vile, manipulative character and you deserve SO much better. I'm so pleased you have blocked him on everything - you don't need someone like that as part of your lovely new life.

Perhaps he has realised what he has lost and is trying to scare you back - strange mentality, but people are weird and wonderful creatures. Either way, You have a wonderful DD and a lovely Mr D, a home you are making your own and plans for your future - which is only what you deserve, along with a great deal more!

Big hugs Tink x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thanks DIA and Kirsty. You are right, things are looking better and I should see that rather than take any notice of what he says. He was vile but I need that to be his problem not mine. I am hoping this is the end of it but I can never be sure.

Other good news today is that I have managed to get Mr D's pet insurance cheaper by £8 per month. That's everything that can be reduced now. I've amended my spread sheets to account for my extra day a month and I'm now trying to work out a DF day. I'm going to keep to the payments I am making at the moment and then come Christmas when I get two payments in one month I'm going to start putting some of it into an emergency fund and the rest that is left over is going to my debts.

I don't know how I did it but I totally missed one of my debts off the list so the total has gone up. This was a loan that helped me move in as we had nothing, no furniture and no carpets. A couple of my debts have reduced this month but one of them has gone up with the interest. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if I can get the interest frozen for a couple of months. See how that goes.

I'm hoping this diary is now going to be ex free and stick to my debts now.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • bellevie
    Options
    Just caught up, my goodness what a day that was!

I am glad you were able to get the emergency gas team out quickly, and push ahead with a complaint, he could have put countless others at risk!

Re the Ex, I think he just cant quite believe he has lost you & how your life has changed since you were last with him. He will just be trying every trick in the book to keep a grip on you. By blocking, and not reacting to anything in future you are showing that you are stronger than he thinks and you are moving on - keep it up!!

Good work on reducing those bills, I always look forward to renewals every penny counts!

xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I've amended my spread sheets to account for my extra day a month and I'm now trying to work out a DF day. I'm going to keep to the payments I am making at the moment and then come Christmas when I get two payments in one month I'm going to start putting some of it into an emergency fund and the rest that is left over is going to my debts.

all sounding good Tink :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    :eek::eek: to the gas leak! I hope they give you decent compensation, that's appalling!

Sorry to hear about the vile ex, but at least if you've totally blocked him now he can be an Utterly Ex and you have space for better things to arrive in your life.

It's great that you're looking forward to college - hope it goes well :T

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business