I Need A New Me

Options

Comments

• Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi All

I have been having a few days thinking about a decision I had to make, so sorry for the absence.

Well, I gave my notice in on my allotment on Friday and went and emptied it on Saturday :sad: This wasn't a decision I took lightly but I'm really sad about it. In a couple of weeks I will be studying and then spring next year I will be getting ready for my exams. This means that I wouldn't have the time every day to get down and water. I'd much rather let someone else get the pleasure from it. I did manage to sell my shed so that money is going to be for DD's trainers for school. I have yet to hear about the greenhouse. Most were so lovely coming to say bye and don't be a stranger but I am really going to miss it especially on nice days like today.

Other news, I've finished decorating my living room. There are still a few bits I need including a lamp shade but they can wait now. I'm hoping I will have time to give the bathroom another coat of paint in the morning. We also had some junk in the shed at home so that got took to the tip yesterday so there was room for my gardening stuff. I've also done four lots of washing today and had a good deep clean of the flat. My mum bought DD some new school blouses and some tights so I have only got her skirt (and trainers) left to buy.

Moneywise truth is I'm skint. I went and spoke to my mum yesterday and pretty much told her everything. She doesn't get a lot of money but she is so good with it. Why am I so rubbish? DD will not be like this that's for sure. But it was like having the bulb changed in my LBM and has made me realise that my budgets are a bit off. I'm going to get YNAB set up again but I'm also going to use my old spreadsheet that worked for me so well a few years back.

Bellevie - Mr D does suffer from separation anxiety and he used to love being in his crate. The crate now has no door and we have just kept it for now as he goes and lies in there in the evening. I have turned the handles upside down on the bedroom doors so he has access everywhere apart from there. He did manage to get in DD's room though so I've bought a little bolt today to put on her door. He also only did his business on the bathroom floor which I don't mind as its easy to clean up and wipe over. The dog walker comes each lunchtime when I am at work but I think he has got used to DD being here over the holidays and she went out a couple of days last week. We did leave him on Friday afternoon for a couple of hours and he was brilliant so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Well I am off to restart by spreadsheet and see what I can put away in preparation for DD's 16th birthday in November and then Christmas.

Must admit I'm looking forward to Autumn. Not sure if I've started going through the change but the heat this year has got to me more than ever before :rotfl:

Hope you are all having a lovely bank holiday.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask since I came back on here, what is the easiest way to find your threads you have subscribed to? I have to go through my account and find them on there.

Thanks.

Tink xx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask since I came back on here, what is the easiest way to find your threads you have subscribed to? I have to go through my account and find them on there.

Thanks.

Tink xx

Hi Tink, there's a toolbar at the top of the thread - should have a Subscribe button or a Subscribe option in the Thread Tools drop down. Then you just go to Subscriptions to see all of yours in one place. It does make it easier to keep track.

You wouldn't believe how long it took me to notice the Latest Post option :rotfl:

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Hope you have had a great Bank Holiday :D

Sorry to hear about the allotment.

WOW a 16th ....How exciting :)

Sam
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thanks Rosa.

It's been a different one that's for sure Sam. Usually spent all day at the plot so I have had my mum round for tea instead.

Yes, 16, now don't I feel old lol. We are hopefully going to London, which is looking more of a possibility now that I have my spread sheet set up. I just need to stick to it now. The best thing is that I can also see that I will have spare money for Christmas if I can stick to it so it is going to make me more determined.

The only problem I am going to have is my car I think as that is probably going to fail its MOT. It should have been last week but it got cancelled and arranged to this Thursday. I just want it over and done with and find out what the damage is.

Well DD is sitting sorting her planner for the week so I think I had better do the same.

Tink xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Tink,

Just having a catch up on diaries and I'm so sorry to read about your allotment but I guess, based on what you've said, it's the more sensible option. I hope your greenhouse is a good compromise.

How are you getting on with setting up your spreadsheet? I have to restart all of my YNAB figures in mine tomorrow morning and I'm dreading it!

I hope you had a great bank holiday weeekend. Thank you for your lovely posts on my diary.

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Fingers crossed for the MOT
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fingers crossed for MOT and that you will find something to fill in for the allotment. Hopefully you won't be without one for ever, so it's just to allow yourself time for other things.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    MT - Glad to see you back, off to your diary in a minute to catch up. DIA and Rosa - The blooming MOT has been put back until tomorrow arrrghhh. Another day of waiting.

I've had quite a good week so far. Only two days in work this week and now I'm off for four. I've read a really good book which has made me feel so much better about my singledom (is that a word lol) life and I am grateful for so much. What a turn around. Yay me! I must admit to reading chick lit books but I have been told to read The Secret. Has anyone heard of it? Any views on it?

So the spread sheet is looking fab still. I must admit to going on it several times a day to see what can be added or moved or not needed. Getting to December is going to be fab if I can manage it and I think just keep looking at it is making me more focused. I don't know if I mentioned that I got my Sky bill down by half so that is progress. The next bit of progress I really need to focus on is sorting the amount on my debts. I feel in a better place now so I know I can do this. I'm so happy that DD will get the weekend away that she wants for her 16th because that was stressing me out big time. Just imagine what my spread sheet will be like if I get my extra day at work.

Well, I'm off to catch up on diaries and then hopefully get some more decorating done today while I have DD at home to help me lol.

Take care.

Tink xx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You put me to shame with all your decorating...
    Well done on reducing your Sky payments.
    Hopefully you will have good news on your MOT tomorrow. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills