I Need A New Me

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Tinks,
    Wow. So much going on for you. The new job sounds really exciting I'm so pleased that happened for you. That's a long lasting good.

I completely understand you not ignoring your ex. They start to panic for your attention and really ramp up their methods of getting you to respond. I've been there a few times. It's good to hear he's giving you some space again now.

I do hope you'll learn to either love your home or find somewhere more suitable. This, at the very worst, is your "launch pad". It gave you the ability to escape your ex and be your own destiny maker. Onto a brighter future.

Your pen pals sound interesting. Have I mentioned the meetup website? That could be a good place to meet new and likeminded people. I'm considering joining a photography one once I've moved.

We are all here to cheer you on in busting that debt.

MTxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thanks MT and thanks for always being here when I get back.

Totally agree about this place being a launch pad. I love my bedroom after I changed it round. Seem to have more room and DD has always loved hers. I think we could just do with some more pictures. I'm going to start checking the charity shops.

I don't think you have mentioned the meet up. Tell me more.

I'm going to make a list tonight of everything that wants doing or needs buying for each room and I'm going to put a little bit into the budget each month.

Right I'm going to work out my total debts and sort my budget out now.

Take care.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    I'm going to update my figures tonight but I just wanted to let you all know that I was reading a thread last night so similar to mine apart from physical abuse being involved.

I just had to post and give a little advice and I have been thinking about her today. More like worrying.

So I just wanted to thank you all again for getting me through that hard time in my life and now I'm going to make you all proud with my debts.

I can't believe two ladies who post on here are now DF in the space of time I've been missing. Well done to both of you and all the other DF folks out there. Spurs me on to make at least a debt and get my head out of my a*$e.

Take care.

Tink xx
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad things are getting better for you Tink.

One of the great things about this place is it's here through the ups and downs and for me, kind of steadies things a bit by keeping us on track. It's easy to lose focus, particularly when things are difficult, but just keeping an eye on things means they don't spiral out of control so easily and cause any other shocks.

You will get there - and we're already proud of you :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    I am so pleased for you about the job - Tinks ... If you can dream it ..you can do it

XX Sam

p.s ..Welcome back to the darkside ...

p.p.s We have slightly less chocolate than when you first Joined us sowrry xxx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    Thanks MT and thanks for always being here when I get back.

Totally agree about this place being a launch pad. I love my bedroom after I changed it round. Seem to have more room and DD has always loved hers. I think we could just do with some more pictures. I'm going to start checking the charity shops.

I don't think you have mentioned the meet up. Tell me more.

Tink xx

Hello Tink,

This site, to me, is like the bat logo to batman!!! :D I feel I need to be here to keep me on track and focused.

This is the meetup site (if there's any issues posting a link on your diary I'll add it to mine)
    https://www.meetup.com/

It's well worth a look. I've joined and I often look at the meetup groups for photography and other hobbies to share with likeminded people.

With all of the beautiful greetings cards that are out there, have you considered buying a card and then a cheap plain photo frame as your pictures? I do that a lot and a friend of mine has also started doing it. They're cheap to chop and change around to suit your mood and cost so little.

MTxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thanks MT. I had thought of something like that with the nice quotes you can get now.

I think I've got some frames somewhere too. Job for tomorrow while I'm off.

Tink xx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I first posted. I've been having a quick read through and can see that I have come a long way in a year (apart from my recent blip).

I'm still adding up my debts, is that a bad sign its taking so long lol.

Tink xx
  • MuffinTops
    Options
    It's never a bad sign that you're being thorough and properly looking at everything. It's a psychologically draining task though, isn't it? :o

It's always good to read back to the beginning of your diary to give yourself a boost from the improvements. Even if it's just a change in attitude, as that's the biggest benefit.

MTxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Well got a bit side tracked from the debts, naughty me, and I have been decorating all weekend.

I had all the stuff so no spends and got all this done. Bathroom ceiling painted (twice),walls papered with lining paper and painted. Hate the colour, it's too dark so will be adding white to it to lighten it up. Kitchen flooring finally put down thanks to lovely neighbours. They pulled my fridge, cooker and washing machine out and did it properly. Looks great. While the fridge was out I papered the wall behind it. Looks amazing. And then I started stripping the paper off in the hall. Wow am I shattered.

Off to bed now but will catch up on diaries tomorrow.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Tink xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income