I Need A New Me

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Tink

Sorry to hear that - maybe you could put out some feelers re invites so that people know you're OK for visitors?

(It is a potential pitfall with being Queen of Own Destiny / Self-Rescuing Princess - sometimes we forget to say when we'd actually like help and company)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm guessing a lot will be staying away on purpose give you time to settle in.
    Any joint friends choosing to stay away are not worth worrying about IMO.

How is work going, still enjoying it? Have you managed to get started on any projects - decorating storage boxes etc?
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £514.4 (1/24)

• kittycatfan
    Options
    Your doing amazing and you and dd and doggie will be so much happier good luck
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hi Tink, how are things going?

Rosa xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Tink,

I wanted to pop in and see how you're doing. I hope you're not feeling too alone anymore, but if you are please pop here and let us know how you're doing.

How's your new place? Are you settling in ok?

I remember when I first lived alone after moving away from my long term relationship and there were some incredibly bright days but there was also some very dark ones. We do push through them, but I wanted you to know that we're all still here if you want us.

Take care. MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello lovely,

I was very happy to see your name pop up on my diary and I'm looking forward to reading your updates when you feel up to writing it all down.

We all have our messy starting points. No mess is too much though.

MTxx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Hi Tink,

Like MT I was so pleased to see you'd commented on my diary! I really hope you are in a better place, and feel more positive.

Looking forward to hearing from you xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Tink! :j:j

Welcome back :T have a traditional MSE dodgy hug in celebration :grouphug: :rotfl:

Hope you are in a good place and looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

Rosa xx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi All

How is it that when I come back on here my motivation goes through the roof. I must admit it has been hiding the past couple of months in a big dark hole. Oh no, that was me. I think everything just came to ahead and I was just functioning. But, in that time I did manage to bag myself a new part time job, only Monday to Wednesday, 9-5. I think part of my problem was the different hour shifts at Mr A's. Then they decided to get rid of the night shift and wanted us to start earlier and finish later. It was just too much, so I started looking for another job. First one I applied for and here I am, I've been here 3 months and I absolutely love it. My boss is amazing and is also funding my college course so that I will be fully qualified in my profession. As I'm only working part time I'm not bringing home a great deal but hopefully I will soon be on a four day week.

Other news, well I have only just managed to get rid of the ex. It started with nice messages that went to begging that went to nasty. Every time I tried to ignore them this made him worse. But (fingers crossed) its been a couple of weeks now. That was really getting me down. I know I should have blocked his number but I do know that would have made things 100% worse.

It's not been a great couple of months to say the least. I lost interest in the flat, not done much more decorating and hate that we don't have a garden to sit in. I even asked the council if I could move but I have to wait until I have been here 12 months. So, after spending a few days on here during my week off, I got motivated yesterday and changed my bedroom round, hung some pictures and dug everything out to finish the decorating. That's the annoying thing, I have everything to do it, even the kitchen flooring :mad: DD and I also did some baking yesterday which we haven't done for such a long time and got all the washing done.

I've also started a bullet journal the past couple of weeks and its like my bible. It comes everywhere with me and has my life in it. I was always a list maker and stumbled on it by accident on Pintrest. Wow, some on there and fb are amazing, but if I did all the arty stuff they do I wouldn't have time to do my lists :rotfl:

Still lacking in the friends department a bit. Had a lovely weekend away recently with the friend I have mentioned previously and her family and my DD. It was great. I do wonder though if the lack of friends might be my fault. I don't visit people as much as I used to but then it was always me doing the visiting. I would love to have people round but they just don't come even when invited. I much prefer to go straight home now. Saying that though, I have got myself four penpals in the states. I joined a group on fb and there a some lovely people who I write to, one of them could be my twin we have so much in common.

DD and Mr D are doing good, so I am now trying to be more grateful for what I have.

This is it now. Time to kick that debt for good. I have 5 years, I want it gone before I reach a milestone birthday.

Really sorry for the long post and thanks for reading if you got this far.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Oh Tink, I'm so pleased that you're coming out the other side, and so sorry about the nightmare ex.

I'm only on my tea break but didn't want to read and run - big hugs to you, pleased that DD and Mr D are well.

Onwards and upwards for you - I'm sure once the flat is looking a bit more homey for you it will make a big difference, and it can't be worse than where you were 6 months ago - at least this is yours alone to do with as you will, and feel as you need to feel without worrying about the moods of others.

K xx
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport