My 2015-2020 timeline diary.........

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

1. Pay off 2016 cruise - Will be making another payment to this when I get paid next week - £700 :eek:

2. Pay off 2015 Rome trip - Another £120 paid to this on payday.

3. Keep chipping away at the CC debt's - This is not going to happen this month due to me being an eejit I will be getting most of my groceries on a credit card this month, either that or starve to death :(

4. Stop spending on unnecessary stuff - I am trying so hard with this but these habits take time to break don't they?

5. Stop spending on the CC's - See annoying comment above :mad:

6. Cancel 1 CC - Done 20th August 2015 :beer: This is the only thing I have managed to achieve this month

Will get an accurate state of affairs when I get paid then the debt will increase slightly this month so will update that at the end of the month, determined this is the last time I am going to have to live off a blooming credit card.

Dxxx
  • Harryspotter
    Options
    Hello dolly! Just been reading your diary and I love your planning! I too have taken the approach of saving for holidays whilst repaying debt. It is frowned upon by many I know but life is for enjoying. I have been to Rome and I have to say it is now my favourite city. It is so beautiful and awesome and made me feel quite spiritual (which isn't like me at all!!)

Good luck x
    [STRIKE]Tesco 1 - £200[/STRIKE]. Tesco 2 - [STRIKE]£4350[/STRIKE]. £0 Barclaycard 1 - [STRIKE]£4375[/STRIKE]. £2600 Barclaycard 2 - [STRIKE]£7356[/STRIKE] £6272
    Florida pot - £215/£4800
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh really!

Well my husband went years ago with a guy friend to see a football match & for the brief time he was there he said it is also his favourite city.

He is literally gonna pass out when I tell him we are going.

He thinks we are going to London to spend a few days with my friend so he ain't too happy about that, I will tell him the night before where we are actually off to so I can get some co-operation out of him in the morning cos our flight is at 6am.

I do love a holiday!!

Its our 4 year wedding anniversary today so we are having a nice relaxing day at home, out for dinner & cocktails on Saturday once I have been to fatbusters!!

Gonna sort some money stuff out today while I am at home so will be back on here later to post.

Dxxx
  • Bills are all coming off, should be okay for funds this month.

After my blip with the budget last month which is going to cause an increase in the overall debt I am determined to take more care with the figures.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Watching my credit card bill go up some this month is hurting my soul, won't be making a big mistake like that again.

Think my debt will be tipping at nearer 7k by the end of the month.

I have a new notebook, tracking all the credit card amounts in there , I feel it helps me to write it all down.

Dxxx
  • 1. Pay off 2016 cruise - This is going very well I managed to cancel & rebook. In the process of doing this saved around £500.00 :money:

2. Pay off 2015 Rome trip - Still going to plan, paid another £120.00 off 1st September. Only £330.00 to go.

3. Keep chipping away at the CC debt's- This is the area I am failing miserably at, living way beyond my means so the debt is creeping up. Have to buy all my groceries on the credit card this month because of a major budgeting boo boo :mad:

4. Stop spending on unnecessary stuff - Hmmmmmmmmmm this is still a work in progress at the minute but will get there.

5. Stop spending on the CC's - Bad bad budgeter :mad:

6. Cancel 1 CC - Done 20th August 2015 :beer:

Woo hoo I have achieved 1 goal :rotfl:

Dxxx
  • Half way through the month!

Closer to the day I will find out my total amount of debt I need to bust.

I am so poor, really cannot wait until we have no debts to pay back.

Dxxx
  • :xmastree:

Yup the time has come for me to start planning for Christmas time.

I have ZERO savings, I do not want to put more debt on the CC's they are already bad enough at the moment & still rising due to me being an eejit last month.

I will admit to having a few wee spends here & there on them that I probably shouldn't have this month, I will get there with it eventually.

I am really lucky that this week work have emailed out to say that we can work unlimited overtime as it is really busy in September, would have been better if this had of come at the very beginning of the month but still. I am going to be working 31 hours overtime over the next 2 weeks so will get paid time & a half for that. Will be over a weeks wages & that will all be used on Christmas shopping.

One less thing to worry about.

I am not sure how much I will get once they tax me & stuff but I will keep you all posted when I get paid.

Dxxx
  • IWillBeFree
    Options
    You just had to say the 'C' word, didn't you?

:D

Way to go on the overtime!

IWBF x
    On 23.6.15 I panicked when I realised I owed £37,311.62
    I will be debt free [STRIKE]by July 2018[/STRIKE] as soon as I can. Current debt £26,473.73
    I am now living within my means - without an overdraft and with a (YNAB) budget
  • I did.

Just had my estate agent on the phone, my landlord is selling. Have to be out at the end of the lease which is not until February. This is so annoyinggggggggg.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport