NST August - AB's Amazingly Aware August Challenge

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi Apologies for not checking in yesterday bit of hectic day, lovely day out and lunch bought for me.

Back seems a bit brighter yeah

Just phoned Morrisons and complained. Assistant Manager helpful and understanding so popping into the store this week to see him and get some redress ;-)

Targets

Credit cards - pay off 200 if possible and highly unlikely but stretch target would be 500.00 pounds. To reach 4000 but not too hopeful. Darn Bob the bunny no catching her now.

Food including pets 73.54/130.00
    Fuel 40.00
    Going out 20.00
    Hair 25.00 really needs a cut.
    SFD1/20

Today will be a spendy day need petrol and dog food never got the other day.
    Have a lovely Monday folks, will pop on and read all your news later.
    Need to catch up with all the jobs haven't done last week with my back so may be a busy evening.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 August 2015 at 10:13PM
    Evening everyone!

Busy day at work - but everything went ok.

Today = SFD number 3

Loving the cloud ideas Fmess... makes a lot of sense! :)

Downloaded an App about mindfulness that's free, called 'Headspace'. A friend recommended it so I'll give that a go, and it will help me with my daily practice.

DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone!

Work again today. Dh has done the weekly shop so budgets are currently:

Fuel - £0/£120
    Groceries - £38.72/£200
    Days out - £0/£200
    Business - £44.17/£100
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for good coffee, for finding a wonderful park when out, for my knitting, for time with dd, for lo food.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Calling - I am really glad that you may get a good response out of Morrisons. Good on you for bothering to sort it. Good luck with your targets as well!

Today was NSD 1 for me. A pretty decent days trade for August. My accountant has got me a small VAT rebate too which is always welcome.

I got my husband to ring and chase the balance transfer as the cards in his name. Apparently we had been rejected. Because we'd gone to the limit and not left space for the fee. Anyway the good news was we could get £3,225 on it (plus a 3% fee £99) I'm going to pay off whatever the difference remains to be to avoid any further interest going on. Then see about that S-t-re-t-c -h target :)

Having a nice shepards pie for tea made from YS mince, free potatoes courteousy of the neighbours kind donation. And a few leftover veg. Yum..

Have a good evening everyone.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Spendy day. Spent £48.36 (more but second receipt is downstairs). DS3 is short of money after paying £400 off his student overdraft and gf's visit and visiting his friend (friend never has any food money). So bought food to be delivered tomorrow to stop DS3 running up his overdraft. Then did a small supplementary shop for basics on the list which might run out before weekend including toilet rolls.

Lots of things need tackling so need to draw up an action plan and list of priorities (think other house still needs to be top because garden needs keeping in check and less likely to sell in Autumn going into Winter and it's still a constant drain on me financially and physically - need to kondo that house).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone
    Spent £1.88 buying a birthday card for dd1 she's 40 tomorrow, but we will be celebrating at the weekend.
    Anyway bought loads of fruit and veggies from a garden I'm watering for a friend as instructed, they are away for 3 weeks and don't want food wasted, so I'm putting some in my freezer for them and using the rest.
    Everyone seems to be doing alright so far, I know it's early but sometimes I can get complacent after a couple of sfd and need encouragement each day.
    So 2/20 sfd for me so far I've run out of bread today but as I want another sfd tomorrow I dug out some crispbreads and will use them before buying more bread, I'm still trying to get my stocks down!!
    Went out today on my little treat and was treated to coffees and lunch, and had a really pleasant time.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry just a quick post again today as I'm on my phone. Apologies for any weird spellings!

I've got no internet or TV today and when I called VM they said it was due to the switch happening to put the account in my name :j and that services would be down for 24 hours from today, and they'd posted a letter today to tell me that! So by the time the letter arrives, it'll all be back up and running! The VM customer service guy couldn't stop laughing at their own stupidity but promised to call me tomorrow when the account is setup to go through what new (and free, I think) equipment I can have :j He was lovely :)

Dud 4 hours extra work today, so more pennies earnt :)

Saw a dead cat on the road today :( Stopped to make sure it was dead and not in need of vet attention. It had no collar so just moved it off the road in the hope that the owner finds it and it wasn't squashed by other vehicles :(

Spendy day as bought more decorating supplies (how can one room be taking me so long), some clothes (did use topcashback and weirdly got them cheaper online than in the store - saw them full price in the store this morning and 40% off online this afternoon) and fish and chips for tea! Definite naughty step day :rotfl:

Night all, anyone else just watched 'a very English brothel'?
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • stewby
    stewby Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Determined to check in despite not having much to update people on.

Spend-free day number 2. Tomorrow will be spendy as we need a wee bit of food and an anniversary card for my parents.
    :)

To try and help us not be so work orientated, we have taken on an allotment. Due to the main growing season being over, it has cost us £10. It costs £50 a year to keep it.
    My Dad is going to teach us and help us with it as we have never had an allotment before and we are not quite sure what we are doing.
    It's going to be a lot of hard work but a whole heap of fun too.
    :D

Think that is it really... Sorry... Not really got anything else to say at the moment which is really not very turtley of me. Will think of stuff to say tomorrow, after a good nights sleep.
    Hugs.
    Mortgage: £0/£80,329.91
    Savings: £0/£6400
    :love:
  • Good evening fellow turtles!

Sunday was a spendy day at the tog household. Spent £80 altogether in bnm, aldee, ashda, poundyland. The most number of items bought was in ashda but only spent £10.92 thanks to the yellow stickered products that filled 5 carrier bags! i can't believe the amount of items i got for such a small amount of money. I managed to get 3 whole roast chickens, lots of salads (fruits and vegetables salads), breads, muffins, cookies, quiches, etc for 5 and 10 pences each! It was definitely my most successful ys haul ever. They went straight to the fridge, the freezer and the hungry hippos tummies. Hopefully they will last til the end of the week coz i am not intending to do any more shopping this week. The fridge-freezer has just been defrosted and cleaned by DH so I am as happy as larry. My packed lunch today cost 20p - 5 p for a green salad and 5p for chicken and pasta in pesto sauce, 1 blueberry muffin (2.5p) 1 chocolate chip cookie (2.5 p) and a walnut twirl for 5p, all from my ys haul. My colleagues were so jealous of my unbelievable bargains. Some asked if I could do their shopping for them. Hahaha. Sounds like a new business venture eh?

Today was NSD number 2. Dinner was 2 of the roast chickens from my ys haul which DH deep fried and accompanied by a yummy gravy.

I am supposed to be filling in the application form for the 9-5 job in the other department. The closing date is tomorrow and my colleagues have given the future boss a heads up about me, which makes me even more nervous. I am probably going to do a last minute.com application because at the moment i am not feeling it. I am willing the inspiration to come about but so far it's been very elusive. I have filled in most of the items that need filling in. I just need to convince them I am the right person for the job.

Tomorrow will not be a NSD as DH declared we are going out for a meal tomorrow. He's on a half day tomorrow and he'll take the kids to the dentist then on to the seaside for a bit of R and R (without me :( ) and they'll pick me up after my duty to go to our favourite restaurant.

I haven't declared my targets for this month but I will do it after tomorrow. Promise. Good night for now and see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure