I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Would she not keep it to one side for you?

I must admit I am always real last minute with buying. I always waited till 34 weeks, with youngest I hadn't even got everything when she made her appearance :o I went on Amazon with prime and got it all delivered the day after :rotfl:
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Resist resist resist :rotfl:

Sorry to hear you're feeling worse than before.............hopefully it eases soon xx

Wait til baby is here then you can stress about unexpected spends :rotfl:
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 28 August 2017 at 11:39PM
    Options
    Sashy I get the feeling my diary will be more baby related than debt related for the foreseeable :o but I'm ok with that :)

Hidden I don't want to ask as they are about to move to a smaller place and she was saying she needs it gone to put the new cot up....I'm still resisting so far. Proud of me?! :rotfl:
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Still not doing very well at sleeping at night at the moment - I had a bath earlier and fell asleep for over an hour in there, plus a nap this morning on the sofa!

Went to my parents last night for dinner and I managed to keep some of it down! Not much but better than I have been. Back to normal today though :(

Had a huge argument with OH last night on way back from my parents - he, my dad and Uncle had got through a case of beer and 5 bottles of red so he was a bit tiddly and it was annoying me but he started talking about what a tip the house is.
    Granted, it's not great at the moment but I'm doing my best to keep up with the washing, drying, ironing, sweeping and bathroom cleaning whilst being sick 10+ times a day on a good day and feeling dizzy everytime I stand up and I don't think I'm doing a bad job!
    He was supposed to clean the house on Saturday but stopped after an hour and when I brought this up, his response was 'well why should I be the only one doing it while you were lying on the sofa'

I saw red. It really upset me so I ended up having a go at him about not being supportive enough (he has refused to read the book I bought him as he doesn't feel like it and it's my booking appt tomorrow, I reminded him twice a week for the last 2 weeks but he hadn't bothered telling work so isn't coming with but even more annoying he hasn't asked his parents about the family history that I've been nagging him about :mad:) then went to bed - normally in a morning he brings me rich tea fingers and a jelly pot so that I can make it out of bed without being sick but today he was still in a huff and decided not to - cue me vomiting into a carrier bag I had handily stashed next to the bed when I tried to get up with an empty stomach :(

Feeling very sorry for myself (what's new at the moment) as this is much harder than I ever expected and I feel like he thinks I'm exaggerating or even if he doesn't, he's not caring enough to do things to help me :(

On the upside I wrapped my nieces and friends little boys birthday presents and some Christmas gifts :eek: I just want to get all the Xmas shopping out of the way and wrapping done as early as possible this year because it will make me feel better about feeling rotten, and as we are away for most of October it's difficult to do anything then!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 August 2017 at 9:02AM
    Options
    So sorry that you've had that kind of stress. Is it possible to ring your OH's family and ask if there are any medical histories you need to be aware of? The booking in appointment is the longest appointment and really informative. If you have to park in a paying car park put in for at least a couple of hours. I didn't on my last one and when the clinic over ran and I had the booking appointment my ticket had run out and I got a fine :mad:

Re the house, I'm so sorry you've had that kind of pressure when you are feeling unwell. He does need to realise that there will be more work to come and he'll need to support you in that after the birth and beyond.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • too_much_debt
    too_much_debt Posts: 3,218 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi!

I read your whole diary at the end of last week, I was so pleased when I got to the part about your pregnancy but am so sorry you are suffering with sickness. I have three daughters and luckily did not suffer with anything other than feeling rather sick (if I had been sick I'd have stopped at one as I hate being sick more than anything else in the world).

I am so sorry that your OH let you be sick rather than bring you something to eat, that is terrible!! I hope he felt bad after! Men just don't understand what it's like, I wished my OH had not been with me when my three were born he was useless, still is, doesn't do anything for anyone unless it benefits him. I asked him to pop to the shop once (it's only at the end of the road) for toilet rolls, I was about 36 weeks pregnant and desperate for a wee but he refused to go out so I had to go myself, it was a cold evening as well and I hate the cold.

I love the film Look Who's Talking when John Travolta says to Kirstie Alley, 'you don't look so hot', and she replies, 'you try squeezing something the size of a melon out of the opening the size of a lemon and tell me how hot you feel!' Lol!!

Hope the sickness stops soon or you find something that helps. I do feel for you!

TMD
    Sealed Pot Challenge #016
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    *Hugs* Kirsty. Sorry to hear that OH is being so selfish, I hope he snaps out of it soon.

With my booking appointment they told me not to bring my DH as there were a number of questions he would be sent out of the room for anyway (in case there was any form of abuse at home etc).

And also stuff the housework!! :mad: Growing a little human is really hard work & your OH needs to understand that and get a grip. If he wants a tidier house he knows what to do - tidy it himself!!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    So sorry your OH isn't being more help to you. Particularly when you're so unwell on top of being pregnant. I don't understand why some people struggle so much with empathy and understanding, but they do. Not that it helps you, but him being on your case when you're already so poorly is an unnecessary hassle that you really don't need.
    The house will have to be a mess for the moment unless he has the motivation and inclination to do anything about it. You're in no fit state to be taking any more on whether he likes it or not. I hope he calms himself down and actually realises that you're having a tough time at the moment. Lots of love to you x
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    AW sorry you are going through a hard time!!! <3 I hope things start getting better with the sickness and that soon xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thanks all :) knowing that there are people who feel my pain with OH makes me feel better!

I gave him the silent treatment when he came to bed last night and this morning he got up on his first alarm and came back with a cup of tea and my beloved rich tea fingers. Not that it helped really, today hasn't been the best day for sickness so far!

Booking appointment was great though - I've officially got maternity notes :heart: I've had an awful lot of pain and a little bit of spotting, which is slightly worrying me but I know it's unlikely to be anything untoward (I've already been told to expect a lot of pains as the scar tissue inside stretches) but the lovely midwife has booked me into the EPAU tomorrow lunchtime and I'm going to the phlebotomist as well as all my veins went into hiding when she tried :o
    She also made me feel much better about how down I've been feeling - I've wanted and dreamed of this for so long that I can't quite believe it's happening and my anxiety has hit the roof. I'm also feeling guilty because some days I just sit and cry. I want to be one of those people who enjoy pregnancy and GLOW but I feel so rotten that I'm counting down the minutes to the second trimester rather than being able to enjoy this one. Then I feel ungrateful and she talked it all through with me and gave a road to recovery referral which is basically a self referral ticket for counselling and if I feel I need it, I don't have to contact anyone else to be referred.

Called OH to let him know that the appointment went well and that I was at the hospital tomorrow and he is speaking to his boss to see if he can come with me. He also apologised for not being as supportive as he should at the moment. I have a feeling my messages to his mam may have earnt him a telling off :o

I told mom a bit of what had happened between me and OH and how I was stressing because of the house and how our hoover is heavy one and I want to vacuum the stairs but am worried about the weight and she has messaged to say she is coming over with a shark rocket tomorrow and taking me to the hospital if OH can't get out and she's going to do some cleaning for me. I shall tell OH about this later and if he doesn't pull his finger out before she gets here I will go mad!

Thanks for reading all my ramblings TMD - that must have been mind numbing at times!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport