I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Kirsty - fantastic news!

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    ahh brill so whats your due date :D xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Thank you :) I just keep watching the heartbeat video and looking at my mountain of pictures - the scan wasn't cheap but I got so much out of it - half an hour, she even did a 3D glimpse which was strange but meant I saw more defined parts. We got an audio clip and a video, and a report of what was seen.

They did find quite a large endometrioma on my right ovary which needs to be monitored but I can deal with that causing a bit of pain and discomfort as long as our donut is alright :)

Due date is 1st April :) April fools baby! x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • reality_check
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!! My emotions and hormones are all over the place but I read the news you posted and all the other lovely comments left for you with tears streaming down my face!

I have heard so many things about letting go a bit and being less obsessive about getting pregnant and I am sure it works. I had a friend who tried for 5 years with failed IVF, then they decided if it wasn't to be they were going to live in Sydney after loving it years ago when travelling. They quit their jobs, sold everything they owned, house on the market, moved away....4 months into living in Australia she was pregnant naturally. She is now back in England with a healthy 3 year old!

The morning sickness is horrific, but every time you are sick it is a good thing, reminds you it is happening and 100% all worth it! I should have shares in extra strong mints, they really helped me the first 3-4 months. I really, really recommend BioOil, cheapest places I found it was in home bargains and in a discount pharmacy, don't pay full prices! I put it on every morning after my shower and every night before bed and have very few stretch marks that appeared at the end but starting to (slowly) fade. Go buy it now and start as soon as you can.

Glad all went well with the scan, congratulations again, you so deserve this happiness! Take care of yourself xxx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thank you so much reality_check - you just made my cry too :o not that that is unusual these days!

I'm trying to focus on the positives on being sick - strong hormones and growing baby but this morning I went to Coventry for a meeting....I was sick all over myself in the car :eek: luckily all down my jacket which was swiftly bagged and left in the boot and a quick baby wipe clean :o then had to stop twice on the M6 hard shoulder and in 2 different laybys - I only had a toasted teacake for breakfast - where on earth does it all come from?!
    I felt awful during the meeting, made worse by the fact it was completely unnecessary and I could have stayed in my nice little office with a nearby toilet!

I'm sure OH thinks I'm over egging it and I can't get across to him how awful I feel - he just keeps telling me to go upstairs to be sick as it's not nice for him to listen to :mad:
    He's great in other ways though - keeping a constant supply of iced water to hand and just hugging me when I'm super emotional. I bought him a book called Dude, you're gonna be a Dad! which I hope means he will be a bit more aware of what's going on with me, my body and emotions!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • reality_check
    Options
    Oh no! Whoever invented calling it 'morning sickness' must have been a man, it should be called 'sick from the moment I wake until I sleep sickness'. Hopefully the book will help him, my OH gagged with about the first 10 nappy changes - totally dramatic and over the top and having to leave the room :rotfl: he's over it now! So hopefully yours gets over the noise of you being sick, because he is soon going to be covered in baby sick when he/she comes along! :eek::rotfl: xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Check out the travel sickness wrist bands you should get them from boots I swear by them as I had severe all day sickness and these took the edge off at bit xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Mummy_bear
    Mummy_bear Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ^^ what ABBA says . I was surprised how much those travel sickness bands helped.

It wasn't just the sickness I struggled with, it was the tiredness. It's like no other tiredness I've ever known...not even compared to having a newborn.
    My LBM May 2017, DH LBM July 2017- Total Debt (not Including Mortgage) £46444.23 :eek:
    £40773.61 /£46444.23 87.8% paid
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I just wrote a really long post and then closed the page without even thinking about it :mad:

I'll have a look at travel sickness bands Abba - I bought some seabands specifically for pregnant mamas but they are like instruments of torture - big plastic bits sewn on the inside which dig in and cause horrible marks and didn't make me feel one jot better!

Will take a trip to boots and see what I can find :)

I feel you with the tiredness Mummy_bear, I sleep soundly at night then have at least 1 nap when I get home from work - last night it was an hours nap, food, sickness then another 45 minutes then bed 2 hours later for 7.5 hours, I've never slept this much and I'm still exhausted. All be worth it in April though I'm sure!
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I am feeling very sorry for myself today - the past 2 days have been pretty terrible and I've been back and forth to the Doctors - have got Hyperemesis Gravidarum :( quite dehydrated and have ketones in my wee so have been given some anti sickness tablets and have to go back to Doctors tomorrow to see if they're making any difference or they are threatening to put me on a drip :(

Have been signed off work for 2 weeks again - not exactly helpful when I don't get sick pay and am trying to save so I can take the full 12 months off :(

I am still obviously thrilled to be pregnant but gosh it's hard work! Just keeping listening to my video of our Donuts heartbeat and telling myself how worth it this will all be!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport