I WILL get there!!

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I wish I meant running in that sense Bob :o it's more of a read and run in relation to the forum - I read all the updates and then run off to bed :rotfl:

Just had a lovely catch up with my nan, they are giving us their old bed frame and mattress from their spare room as they have moved their old bed into the spare room and had a new one for themselves (which is quite high and my nan is having to have a step made to be able to climb in :rotfl:)

My parents have booked a trip to Morocco for us all next April (them, us, my sister, brother in law and niece) exciting but another thing to save for... And resting heavily on neither myself or my sister getting pregnant in the meantime!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    I'm very slack on here at the moment! Still jiggling budgets etc going forward. Slightly miffed that paid my MBNA account over 2 weeks before DD due but they took it anyway so it's in credit which takes 5 days to be refunded. Quite annoying but at least it's on it's way back :)

Putting all extra monies that I am making from surveys etc into the NZ savings fund. I don't know if I've mapped it all out here because it only got decided when we booked the flights, but it's quite a long trip - 3 weeks!
    NZ for 2 weeks with OHs family and friends (it's a surprise though, the only people who know we are coming are his parents, we are going to surprise everyone else by turning up at an annual party they have a few days after we fly in)
    Then off to Aus for a week to see OHs beloved V8 supercars race on the gold coast. Booked the tickets for that last night, which include grandstand access and a pit lane walk. Not cheap but it's his 30th in July so it's partly paid for by parents and friends. My grandparents have put money towards our hotel for our Christmas present so although it's not cheap, it's exactly what we'd been dreaming of (him for the race and me for the Gold coast in general!)
    It's our final hurrah before children (that's how he sold it to me anyway :rotfl:)
    We are very lucky not to have to pay for accommodation in NZ which allows us the freedom to be able to do Australia. Visas are approved and the countdown is on!

My focus has switched from debt busting to baby making. We have been trying for a while now, although I haven't mentioned it on here because I didn't want to jinx it but now that it has been a while and is starting to stress me out I have become slightly obsessive :o
    I figure I am an open book really. I don't often keep much to myself as I find it better for me mentally to talk/write about things that are going on. Probably part of the reason I haven't been posting much - it's all that is on my mind at the moment!

Anyway acupuncture, different medications to combat the problems caused by the PCOS and handfuls of vitamins will hopefully do the trick....keep your fingers crossed for us!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Everything is crossed for you.......nz and Australia sound amazing I'm a tad bit jealous xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Fingers and toes crossed for you Kirstypoos!!! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    How did you go about booking flights etc for Aus/NZ? I am booking hopefully next year for me and my boy and clueless about Visa. Going 3 weeks also. What did you do? Where is best deal?xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I've learnt that about MBNA too. At the moment it is ok because I've got such a lot of debt with them so I want any overpayments to be in addition to my direct debits but it is a pain having to learn a new set of rules for each account.

Brilliant news about your NZ and Australia trip :):):)
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NZ & Australia sounds amazing, great that you can go and do it. :j:j

Fingers firmly crossed for you on the baby front too. :)
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • kirtsypoos
    Options
    Thank you all! The new tablets I'm on are wreaking havoc at the moment, feel constantly sick and tired but they aren't quit doing their job yet. I'm on week 3 of them and apparently it takes 3 weeks to get used to them so I am hoping I feel better next week :)
    monz wrote: »
    How did you go about booking flights etc for Aus/NZ? I am booking hopefully next year for me and my boy and clueless about Visa. Going 3 weeks also. What did you do? Where is best deal?xx

Monz we booked the flights direct through emirates as I had a voucher code for 5% off. We could have done part of the trip cheaper using china southern but they don't do all the legs we needed and because of that overall it was more expensive. Emirates and Qantas are brilliant anyway so I would always suggest trying to use those if possible :)
    Visa-wise we got the e visa for Australia, and don't need one for NZ.
    Have you been before?
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just catching up after a manic week. What big news :j
    The holiday sounds fabulous, and I have everything firmly crossed on the baby front as well.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    that's a great holiday to look forward too. all your debt busting is paying off :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure