»

New free credit report Clearscore (Equifax) - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

New free credit report Clearscore (Equifax)

edited 7 January 2016 at 3:38PM in Credit File & Ratings
110 replies 167.1K views

Replies

• Rose1988Rose1988 Forumite
    44 posts
    Clearscore is definitely 'clearer' than noodle!

Thank you for the heads up :-)
    DEBT FREE! On a mission to rebuild my credit & save money!
    Barclays Initial - £1200 | Capital One - £200 | Aqua - £250 | Cashplus CC - £500
    DEFAULT FREE JULY 2019 :T:j
  • FuturisticFuturistic Forumite
    830 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    I did end up signing up last night and it seems to be a good 2nd CRA to check. I would assume Equifax is more widely used by credit providers than call credit too?

It seems quite basic but it has everything you really need which is your history, I like how they will be implementing history graphs and goals as well!

I also had a issue like others, I had to use my Noddle account to answer some of the questions! However they are using Equifax (of course) whom provide those questions and answers so you need to know them to get the account setup and verified.
  • so my completely arbitrary number on clearscore is 515 /700!

I too was caught in the endless loop of asking for addresses, even though the third address I had entered i had lived in since birth, there was no option to select 'no more addresses'. i tried refreshing the account page, but the only thing that worked was logging out and logging back in.

seems relatively straightforward, well laid out, and the electoral roll section has more info than noddle.

i suppose it will save £2 every year checking the statutory reports. Just the nightmare of dealing with Experian now!!
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
  • aymz1983aymz1983 Forumite
    72 posts
    The only other thing I can think of that I don't like with this is doesn't tell you default dates. At least not that I can see. And despite some accounts which I know have defaulted, it is still showing green circles in each month!
    Just seems a bit odd. I love the dashboard though, very pretty and so easy to see at a glance. I also love how they have plans for a timeline, and a goals section.
  • stclairstclair Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    shane1104 wrote: »
    i had this issue:

have you verified email address?

if so, on the page with the endless addresses: click my account at the top: then press F5 to refresh the page

should fix it :)

Cheers im up and running now finally ;-)
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • MNM2903MNM2903 Forumite
    321 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    How do you do a notice of correction on this? I got set up fine and the accounts look to be up to date. However on public records it shows £83000 which is totally incorrect for me :/
  • lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    26.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so my completely arbitrary number on clearscore is 515 /700!

It's not a completely arbitrary number.
    It's a calculated score based on their knowledge as a credit reference agency of factors that lenders take into account.
    It's not any particular lenders score.
    What information are you basing you "completely arbitrary" claim on?

I don't work for them but I'd like to know what information you have to say they are making it up.
  • MNM2903MNM2903 Forumite
    321 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    lisyloo wrote: »
    It's a calculated score based on their knowledge as a credit reference agency of factors that lenders take into account.

I don't work for them but I'd like to know what information you have to say they are making it up.

Thats correct its a score based on how they rate you, However to lenders this is not used by any company in a credit application, therefore making it meaningless. The score doesnt mean a thing and is just a marketing ploy as people may have perfect credit history and an average score then they go and pay for services like noddle improve. As long as the information is true and correct on your credit file then the score can be and should be ignored.
  • FuturisticFuturistic Forumite
    830 posts
    Fifth Anniversary Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    MNM2903 wrote: »
    How do you do a notice of correction on this? I got set up fine and the accounts look to be up to date. However on public records it shows £83000 which is totally incorrect for me :/

Here you go:
    https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Troubleshooter/Step/View/4
  • edited 16 July 2015 at 1:19PM
    engineer_amyengineer_amy Forumite
    803 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 July 2015 at 1:19PM
    lisyloo wrote: »

OK, granted its not completely arbitrary, I suppose it can be used as an indicator of where you are on the scale.....
    But my argument is....
    The CRAs aren't offering you credit. Banks/lending institutions are, and they have their own criteria for grading/scoring/assessing the risk you pose, so while they use the raw information held by the CRAs, the rating given is completely their own devising.

There is also so much more that is taken into consideration by lenders than just the data held by CRAs. A mortgage application for example - The CRAs say you have an 'excellent score', however they don't hold information on your income, spending habits, contract length, affordability of repayments. So you get declined for a mortgage because you are on a low salary, in a temporary contract and spend £200 per month on an online poker site.

Not all lenders report to all three CRAs, so as has been seen time and time again, people have loans/CCs/Defaults/CCJs showing on one report but not another, so how can we put any faith in a score based on incomplete (or worse - incorrect) information?

The CRAs are trying to sell you their own products - Noddle Improve, Experian Credit Expert etc, so it is in their own interest to draw you in by showing you a less than perfect score.
    Mortgage = [STRIKE]£113,495 (May 2009)[/STRIKE] £67462.74 Jun 2019
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support