Debt free before 35

Options

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DFB35 wrote: »
    Fab news Mrs Save! Your emergency fund is so healthy! Im going to start building mine up again too :)

Thank you. Good luck building it up. It's just giving me peace of mind that if work goes quiet, we can survive a month or two. I'd love to build up to 3 months wages! That may take a long time, though!!

Well, I went to slimming world after being away last week. I gained 4.5 lbs :eek: I'm not surprised, though. After being away and then had a few different things on after coming home, I'm actually surprised it wasn't more. I need to get back on it now, though. Eating well again. Clothes are starting to get tight, so it's definitely time to concentrate!

It's also been a little bit of a spendy day. I bought a bottle of diet coke in the range with my other bits (£1.00), bought a bottle of wine, maltesers (diet starts tomorrow!!) and reduced bread in Tesco (£6.89) and then picked up a kfc on the way home (£3.99). My spendy day has cost me £11.88. Spendy days in the past would've cost a lot more than that, so I can cope with that! Just need to log it into YNAB.

I've also made £10 today from my crafting job (and a booster seat :rotfl:). Most of that will go straight into my account, because I bought things with my own money for crafting. After paying myself back there will be £3-£4 left over. I think I'll call that 'My KFC!!'. Will check it out now!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh, I love KFC... I could just eat one now.
    Except I'm in bed and miles away from a KFC.
    Good luck getting back on track tomorrow...
  • MrsSave
    edited 14 August 2015 at 1:50PM
    Options
    Good morning :wave:

Ds is at nursery today, and dh husband at work, which means I'm home alone. I must admit I do enjoy it from time to time!

Friday 14th August 2015
    1. [STRIKE]Check YNAB and bank accounts,[/STRIKE]
    2. All meals from stores and slimming world friendly,
    3. [STRIKE]Package books ready to send off[/STRIKE],
    4. Finish ds thank you cards,
    5. Paint craft order,
    6. Read 30 minutes of book,
    7. Tidy our bedroom (dusted and vacuumed downstairs yesterday, and cleaned kitchen),
    8. Keep kitchen clean and tidy.

I may keep it nice and simple tomorrow and enjoy an extra hour in bed (once ds is at nursery) and watch a little TV :)
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Yay! Tax return is in! £272! Woohoo :beer:

As I said, I'm going to pop to Aldi to fill up our alcohol cupboard :o as we're literally out of everything. My slippers have fallen apart so I'm treating myself to some for £8 and then the rest is heading straight to the emergency fund.

My last slippers were from Tesco, and have fallen apart after just a few months, so I'm going to buy next ones. They're £8 so not too expensive (though I did like the look of the £20 ones there, but not today!!).
  • MrsSave
    Options
    :eek: I have never, ever spent that much in Aldi before in my life. I didn't realise it was possible!! I spent over £80!!!!! I did get loads for that money, though.

I bought a box of nappies, a bottle of gin, port and sherry (it's a Sunday dinner tradition here for the 'chef' to have a glass), 4 bottles of wine, 4 bottles of cider (individual bottles, not massive 2l ones!!), little bottles of lager, 2 steaks, a beef roasting joint, 2 x lamb shanks, tuna steaks, half a leg of lamb, 4 boxes of cereal bars, BBQ spare ribs and slow cooked minted lamb. The steaks look lovely and I've been after a beef roasting joint for ages, but they've been too expensive. I usually buy chicken as it is cheaper. I'm so chuffed with how much I bought (though I was a little embarrassed buying al that alcohol at quarter to ten in the morning!!

I then popped to Tesco and got the cans of lager My dh drinks (they ran out at the beginning of the week, cans of diet coke (my weakness, but don't usually buy as too expensive) and tonic water (I like the Tesco ones as they've loads of different flavours!).

I did get my slippers from next (and a watch - mine was broken and I'm lost without a watch), and then popped to M&S for sandwich pickle (yes, seriously. It's lush! I had vouchers for M&S food before Christmas, and included that in my shop. It's the nicest sandwich pickle ever, and not too bad at a pound!) and a tin of steak for a sw recipe I'm trying for lunch (it's syn free!!). Add car parking to that and in just over an hour I managed to spend £137.14. :eek:

Eeeeeeeeeeek!! The leftovers went straight to the emergency fund, so that is over £1000 now, at £1119.58.
    I can't believe how much I've spent :eek: but know I've got loads for that money, and the alcohol cupboard and freezer and now stocked up!! Yippee!! :j
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    You got a serious amount of goodies for £80 at Aldi - fab value...
    Well done on the emergency fund too. :)
  • jdjd83
    jdjd83 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow your diary is an inspiration, I have just started my debt busting journey and I am inspired, I too am a teacher temp job till january so working hard to get ourselves In a better financial position, how old is your little one, mine is 18 months
    Keep it up have subscribed.
    JDJD83 XXX
    Loan4795/12000
    Credit card: 700
    2pound- £42
    Determined to do this:j
  • MrsSave
    Options
    jdjd83 wrote: »
    Wow your diary is an inspiration, I have just started my debt busting journey and I am inspired, I too am a teacher temp job till january so working hard to get ourselves In a better financial position, how old is your little one, mine is 18 months
    Keep it up have subscribed.
    JDJD83 XXX

Thank you :D

My ds has just turned 2. It's a lovely age!! Though, he is very headstrong now! "No" is the new favourite word!

Good luck on your journey. Are you temping through choice? I've pretty much been full time since qualifying, but my last contract ended just as my maternity was due to start. Since having ds I've decided not to apply for permanent jobs. Though, I'm currently seriously considering applying for something completely different once my current position ends (helping out a school for 2 months). Supply isn't for me, I think I'd be happier in a 9-5 job! Most people would probably say the opposite!
  • jdjd83
    jdjd83 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsSave wrote: »
    Thank you :D

My ds has just turned 2. It's a lovely age!! Though, he is very headstrong now! "No" is the new favourite word!

Good luck on your journey. Are you temping through choice? I've pretty much been full time since qualifying, but my last contract ended just as my maternity was due to start. Since having ds I've decided not to apply for permanent jobs. Though, I'm currently seriously considering applying for something completely different once my current position ends (helping out a school for 2 months). Supply isn't for me, I think I'd be happier in a 9-5 job! Most people would probably say the opposite!

Hi, yesand no to temping through choice had to leave last lace as it was making me ill, so picked up this to help me get sorted, although I would love to stay. Its my first temp post so finding it strange.
    My ds loves the word no, I can understand what you are saying about 9-5 but I love having the holidays with him, iam lucky though as my childcare fees are term time only. At the end of the day we need to do what is right for us, It took me a whileto realise this!
    Loan4795/12000
    Credit card: 700
    2pound- £42
    Determined to do this:j
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Just a quick update tonight.

We've had a cheap, but lovely day out today. Had a picnic and went and saw a couple of the beautiful places we have in this area. It's amazing how little we see of what's on our own doorstep (that's definitely the case with me anyway!!).

This evening, we had a couple of drinks at home, ate naughty food (not slimming world friendly, but purse friendly thanks to Aldi) and watched a film (a Christmas one, please don't shoot me!!!) :rotfl:

I've been feeling pretty fed up with my wardrobe recently, and that usually ends with me spending an absolute fortune on the next website. I've compromised this time, and for the price of one thing in next, I've bought 4 different things from eBay, and the money was already in the account, so no borrowing, no credit cards, etc. I'm pretty happy about that, but really need to shift this last stone as the clothes I'm buying just fit, but the next size up is too big. That's my goal by Christmas! I'm currently a 12-14, but would love to be an exact 12. I'll never be a 10 or an 8 (I mean I haven't been that size since I was a teenager!!) but would be happy as a healthy 12.

Right, I said this was going to be quick! I'm signing off now as I'm totally shattered after all our fresh air! :rotfl: Night, night!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts