First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 August 2015 at 6:35PM
    Options
    Good morning!

My goals for today:

1. [STRIKE]Check/update YNAB and bank accounts[/STRIKE],
    2. Have a NSD So far so good!
    3. [STRIKE]Bake corn flake cakes with ds[/STRIKE],
    4. Take ds to the park, Ended up playing outside all afternoon, and even having our dinner outside.
    5. [STRIKE]Finish 2 craft projects (I put this every day now, but I am getting closer to the finish line!)[/STRIKE],
    6. [STRIKE]Lunch from stores[/STRIKE], I've just made an arrabiatta sauce using onions, garlic, Passata and veg stock. Will be having that with pasta and leftover chicken from Sunday and grated cheese on top.
    7. [STRIKE]Find a new book to read (finished my last one last night) and have a quiet 30 minutes reading[/STRIKE], found a book, but not start reading yet!
    8. Start sorting pictures for printing (this has appeared before but haven't started yet),
    9. [STRIKE]Make handprints to start ds's thank you cards[/STRIKE], Done and written inside all the cards. Just need to glue together now
    10.[STRIKE] Healthy dinner of mini Turkey fillets in breadcrumbs, healthy chips (slimming world style!) and salad[/STRIKE].

I've also done a load of washing, my ds had free painting time and then a bath as he was a bit grubby after making chocolate cornflake cakes and painting!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    Options
    Today has been a good day.

NSD :T

I completed most of the above list. I have sorted books to be sold and have been given a price of just under £15.50. Just need to get some bubble wrap, package them up and send them off.

I've also signed up to a Twitter mystery shop. I need to send 20 tweets, and will get £7. Every little helps!

Finished 2 of my crafting orders, one will bring in £10 and a booster seat :rotfl: the other will bring in £7.

I'm being very impatient now, though, waiting For my tax rebate. 14 days was the estimate, I've only been waiting 2! :rotfl:

Eeeeek, tomorrow I'm off to Slimming World to see how much weight I gained on holiday :eek: It feels like I've gained loads!!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    As I posted that, my parents popped some money into my account! My emergency fund is sooooo close to £1000 now I want to skim the bank accounts to get it there!! :j
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I've never heard of a Twitter mystery shop - I am so old.
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've never heard of a Twitter mystery shop - I am so old.

I hadn't until this evening. I think it's a new thing. Earning a few pennies whilst sitting at home sounds ideal to me! :rotfl:
  • MrsSave
    edited 13 August 2015 at 9:11PM
    Options
    Thursday 13th August 2015
    1. [STRIKE]Check YNAB and bank accounts[/STRIKE],
    2. Walk down to library with ds, won't be going today. Double checked opening hours and it's only open for 2 hours over my ds's nap time! Grrrrr!
    3. [STRIKE]Buy envelopes for thank you cards and bubble wrap (both from The Range),[/STRIKE]
    4. [STRIKE]All meals from stores[/STRIKE],
    5. [STRIKE]Take gammon out of the freezer ready for Friday night[/STRIKE],
    6. [STRIKE]Get weighed at Slimming World to see what the damage over the last fortnight is![/STRIKE] well, I gained. Ooooops. I knew I would as there has been a lot on, but not seeing on the scales. 4.5 lbs on :eek: It is over 2 weeks though :o
    7. Paint first coat on 1 crafting order,
    8. Research items on another order,
    9. (Not sure if there's any point me including this as it gets added every day and so far I've done nothing!!) [STRIKE]Start looking at pictures ready to be printed,[/STRIKE] saved all son's pics to a folder on desktop from the past 2 years. Just need to delete multiples and then order. I have until the 16th for the offer.
    10. Glue ds's thank you cards,
    11. [STRIKE]Collect Tesco click and collect order,[/STRIKE]
    12. [STRIKE]Check yellow stickered meat in Tesco and stock up on any going cheap![/STRIKE] had a look, but there was literally nothing left :(
    13. 30 minutes reading newest book (I'm amazed at how many unread ones I have on the kindle as well as paperbacks!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Just checked on eBay, and 2 of my items have bids, one has 8 watchers and a couple of others have watchers, too. Fingers crossed a few bits sell on Sunday :)

We're having a very lazy morning here, consisting of playing and watching Peppa Pig!! We need to get moving and head down to the library soon. Our local one has very limited opening hours, and think it's only open for 3 hours today. I usually use the one in the bigger town a few miles away, but figured we'd catch our village one today to save paying for petrol and struggling to park without paying!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Yay!!!!! I have just had an email from HMRC telling me to log onto my account as I had a new message. I logged in and had a message to say that my tax refund was on its way! £272. It is being done electronially, and the messsage said 'shortly' but I'm really impatient now because I want to see it in my account. How long is shortly??? :rotfl:

I have decided that a little of this money will be used to stock up our cupboards a little with non-essentials (basically alcohol and nice meat!). They're things that we don't buy as much now as money is needed elsewhere. I think I'll put £40-£50 to one side for this, and then the rest will go into the emergency fund. I will finally get my emergency fund over £1000!!! Yay!!! :j
  • DFB35
    DFB35 Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MrsSave wrote: »
    Yay!!!!! I have just had an email from HMRC telling me to log onto my account as I had a new message. I logged in and had a message to say that my tax refund was on its way! £272. It is being done electronially, and the messsage said 'shortly' but I'm really impatient now because I want to see it in my account. How long is shortly??? :rotfl:

I have decided that a little of this money will be used to stock up our cupboards a little with non-essentials (basically alcohol and nice meat!). They're things that we don't buy as much now as money is needed elsewhere. I think I'll put £40-£50 to one side for this, and then the rest will go into the emergency fund. I will finally get my emergency fund over £1000!!! Yay!!! :j

Fab news Mrs Save! Your emergency fund is so healthy! Im going to start building mine up again too :)
    Nationwide CC 0% March 2025 - £3,850 now £3,700
    Sainburys CC 0% January 2025 - £6,450 now £6,150

FD Loan 1 October 2030 - £16,000
    FD Loan 2 October 2030 -  £30,000

Husbands CC 0% August 2024 - £6,000

Car balloon payment February 2028 - £16,412

Mortgage - £194,500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing