Debt free before 35

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    You could cook up a few joints at once and then freeze it in slices or pulled pork. It makes freezer Tetris a bit easier.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You could cook up a few joints at once and then freeze it in slices or pulled pork. It makes freezer Tetris a bit easier.

That's a fab idea. Why didn't I think of that?? I often use leftovers from a joint for sandwiches, but never thought of freezing it like that!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • MrsSave
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Dh and I ate at home last night, but made the effort and had a 3 course meal. We also had a good chat about things, which usually only happens mid-argument. I must admit things are seeming to be a lot brighter than they were. I suppose all relationships have their ups and downs and will always need working at. We even chatted about baby number 2. We're not quite ready yet, need to make sure things are good between us, but it shows we're both feeling positive and looking forward.

I still haven't opened the freezer. It's so full I know it will be quite a job sorting through everything.

Ds is a little better today, though still far from being back to normal. I'm going to be keeping him off nursery a few more days. It's a good excuse for a few more pj days!!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    A couple more pj days have been had! I think we're reaching the point where we need to go out and about now (but not spend money!!). All food is from stores so far this week, which is all good!

I'm keeping up with the surveys. I'm trying to complete 2 a day. Have managed 3 today (possibly 4), which is all positive. I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks I can withdraw some money from them!
  • MrsSave
    Options
    I've done it........I've been through the freezers! We have a lot of food. I knew this, but has completely lost track of what we had. Well here goes...

*1 X small chicken
    *2 packs chicken breast portions (490g each)
    *1 X pork crackling leg joint (plus one in the fridge to be cooked today)
    * 5 packs diced beef (400g each)
    * 6 portions pork mince (400g each)
    *1 X pork belly
    *4 X tuna steaks
    *3 X salmon fillets
    * 1 small portion frozen beef mince
    *6 X pork chops

Add to that chips, fish fingers, sausages, Yorkshire puddings, bread, hash brown, milk, tortilla shells, pitta breads, wraps, sausage rolls, mince pies, veg and homemade chilli, burgers and curry.

I think we have enough meat to keep us going for a little while. Time to start using this up!

Im making a mid week roast today. I will then use this meat to go with homemade chips either Thursday or Friday and will have salmon with pots and veg on the other day. If there's pork left it will be sandwich filling. Saturday night we've planned a chippy night and then On Sunday we can have roast chicken. Any left over chicken can be sandwich filling next week. I then need to start making stews/casseroles etc with some of the beef.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts