Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    what month are you looking at going ?

End of May :)
    Green and White Barmy Army!
  • you-snooze-you-loose
    Options
    hiya everyone

sorry if its already been asked and if so can someone point me in the right direction..... i am after advise about travel please

we arrive at cdg at around 8pm on 28 th nov and return flight is 8pm ish on 2nd dec

does anyone know the best way to get to dlp through personal experience please ? we will have dd3 buggy and 3 lots of hand luggae so are hands full so would be good to know what we are doing !

i have looked around online and would guess the train is easiest ? when we land is it easy to find ? and can you pay when you get there ? would hate to book tickets and miss them if flight delayed !!
    am guessing i saw the train station last year so not concerned about finding hotel once there just the airport bit really !!

also how long before return flight would you start heading back to airport ? on the last day its dd4th b-day so hoping to have lunch with princesses ( think this is 1til4:30 ? ) so plan to then pick up luggage and head to airport . would you suggest taking luggage and leaving in lockers in train station ( think i read about that?) to save going back to hotel ?

thank you all so much i am so excited !! just need to work out what to pack was a no brainer last year as snowing so planned snow boots and stuff but doesnt look like we will need them yet xx
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    kr15snw wrote: »
    End of May :)

Make sure you avoid half term as that will be more expensive.
  • kr15snw
    kr15snw Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    Bestpud: I've checked and I believe UK half term is the first week of June and French holidays are beginning of May.

Im looking at the weekend of the 25th May :)
    Green and White Barmy Army!
  • kahunababy
    Options
    Hi all, just a quick question to all thoses looking at the Sun deal.

Am I right in thinking that the deal only intitles you to one days entrance into the park so if you want to stay for two days you will have to purchase another day ticket?
    Just little old me!
  • AdamBrunt
    AdamBrunt Posts: 369 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 November 2011 at 2:39PM
    Options
    kahunababy wrote: »
    Hi all, just a quick question to all thoses looking at the Sun deal.

Am I right in thinking that the deal only intitles you to one days entrance into the park so if you want to stay for two days you will have to purchase another day ticket?

AFAIK that is correct.

The Sun deal effectively gets you 4 x 1 Day 'hopper' tickets Hopper meaing you are able to move between the 2 parks at will.
    i'm also looking at the sun deal so any advice would be appreciated.

i think we should opt for overnight as well as we would have to travel from south wales

We did the Sun deal last year and are doing it again this year. We were only travelling from Surrey but decided to opt for overnight (in a cheap Val d'Europe hotel).

Overnight has two options (a) last year - and possibly this year as well - the Sun deal only gave the option of 1 return crossing time which you'd never of got if you wanted to watch the DLP parades (parades start at 5pm and you had to be back at Calais by 8pm) and (b) staying overnight is just so much more stress free :D
  • kitsoj28
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry I think I must have missed something, could you please tell me the name of the self catering accommodation you stayed at its just I've looked as "secret hotels" on last minute and no self catering came up.

Thanks

If I had to do it all again though, I'd shun the Disney hotels and stay here:

We stayed there on our first night, having found the place on Lastminute.com as a "secret hotel" - it was fairly obvious where it was though. For £55 we got a spotlessly clean self-catering flat with two bedrooms, kitchen, electric window shutters. It terms of comfort, space, facilities and contemporary feel Sequoia Lodge was a massive step down - it's the first hotel I've ever been in where you don't even get a kettle in the rooms.
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    kr15snw wrote: »
    Bestpud: I've checked and I believe UK half term is the first week of June and French holidays are beginning of May.

Im looking at the weekend of the 25th May :)

Ah ok, it's later than usual then...

DD1's birthday is the 27th May and she never had to go to school on her birthday!
  • Janepig
    Janepig Posts: 16,780 Forumite
    Options
    bestpud wrote: »
    Ah ok, it's later than usual then...

DD1's birthday is the 27th May and she never had to go to school on her birthday!

It's because of the Queen's jubilee I think. Next year the "late May/Whitsun" bank holiday, which is normally the last Monday in May and coincides with half term, has been moved to the first week in June, and the first Monday and Tuesday in June are bank holidays. If you have a look on the website for your local authority it should confirm the term/half term dates for you.

Jx
    And it looks like we made it once again
    Yes it looks like we made it to the end
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    hiya everyone

sorry if its already been asked and if so can someone point me in the right direction..... i am after advise about travel please

we arrive at cdg at around 8pm on 28 th nov and return flight is 8pm ish on 2nd dec

does anyone know the best way to get to dlp through personal experience please ? we will have dd3 buggy and 3 lots of hand luggae so are hands full so would be good to know what we are doing !

i have looked around online and would guess the train is easiest ? when we land is it easy to find ? and can you pay when you get there ? would hate to book tickets and miss them if flight delayed !!
    am guessing i saw the train station last year so not concerned about finding hotel once there just the airport bit really !!

also how long before return flight would you start heading back to airport ? on the last day its dd4th b-day so hoping to have lunch with princesses ( think this is 1til4:30 ? ) so plan to then pick up luggage and head to airport . would you suggest taking luggage and leaving in lockers in train station ( think i read about that?) to save going back to hotel ?

thank you all so much i am so excited !! just need to work out what to pack was a no brainer last year as snowing so planned snow boots and stuff but doesnt look like we will need them yet xx

if you have luggage, a pushchair and 3 of you it will definitely be more convenient to get a shuttle/taxi transfer. When you factor in the train times etc, you will probably arrive at DLP at around the same time as taking the train, if not earlier, and its much easier, because your taxi will meet you usually at your arrivals gate exit or very nearby. If you book online and pay shared shuttle price (even though you may end up not sharing with anyone else at all) it will probably cost about the same as the TGV train, it might even be cheaper (it was for us earlier this month :)). We used RS transport.

For a flight leaving CDG at 8pm, I'd want to arrive at the airport for around 6pm. If you're using a transfer taxi/shuttle, you should get picked up at 5pm or before (in case of rush-hour traffic). If you're taking the TGV back from DLP to CDG, it really is only a 10-minute journey, so getting a TGV at just before 6pm will be fine.

To be honest, it would be more of a hassle getting your DD, a buggy and 3 cases on the onsite hotels shuttles in the morning to take everything to the train station lockers for your last day, over just leaving the park at say 4.30pm and heading back to your hotel to pick up your luggage from the store there and getting picked up by a shared shuttle transfer. Obviously if you're going to take the TGV back from DLP to CDG, it would make sense to take your luggage to the train station in the morning (but be aware that the onsite hotels shuttles get very busy each morning up til after 10am).

On accuweather.com it does look it might be getting colder from around the time you get to DLP, so layers would be the way to go - we had blinding sunshine and t-shirt weather some days last week, and cold enough for coat hat and gloves another ;).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure