Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2011 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Also, Saturdays and Sundays at DLP tend to get much busier than midweek, as its so close to Paris and its residential areas, so gets a lot of local guests on the weekends.
    Personally I'd do the 2nd option, but would spend more time in the parks on Friday and Monday (you won't get a lot seen/done in the main part of either Saturday or Sunday at DLP because of the crowds).

Also, check French public and school holidays if you are still thinking of May 2012 - and avoid the parks totally on any French public holiday or holiday weekend!
  • kr15snw
    kr15snw Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    Hmm I didn't think about that.

I could do flights on Thursday evening but would mean a few hours off work....

If we got the Friday am flight and hit Paris at 9am, do you think we'd get enough time in the Park? We could spend Friday and Monday in the park, with Saturday and Sunday in central Paris? I had planned to stay in a hotel in central Paris but with this option we would just travel in.

Is there enough to see / do in central Paris? Just always wanted to go!

It's annoying as I know the park gets busier at the weekends but we simply don't have the time to take much time off work! (we're already going away a few weeks before for a week, so work will get a tad funny about it!).

Oh and no kids, just 2 big kids!
    Green and White Barmy Army!
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2011 at 8:03PM
    Options
    If your plane lands at CDG at 9am, you could theoretically be at the gates of DLP by 10am (its only 30 minutes drive from CDG to DLP). We recently did that, with 2 of us we booked a one-way shared shuttle transfer from CDG to DLP with RS Transports, it was the cheapest and quickest option (38 euros total). We didn't have to share with anyone, so there was no delay in taking us straight from the airport to DLP. Left our luggage in the lockers at the train station at DLP for the day, then checked in at our hotel when the parks closed in the evening :).
  • Kate0208
    Kate0208 Posts: 253 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya
    Im thinking of doing the sun deal thats being advertised. my daughter is only 2.5 but loves mickey and minnie mouse so thought this deal would suit us as im not sure shes old enough to really appreciate the park and for us to spend out all that money yet. im unsure how it all works to be honest, we could go on the monday/tuesday which makes the deal £9.50 but will that let us into the park before 10am when its quieter?
    also we could possibly do it in one day but im thinking it may be easier to find a cheap hotel somewhere to rest our heads as she will be really tired - wheres the best budget hotel OR we do own a trailer tent which can be pitched most places if neccessary but would personally prefer a hotel, doesnt have to be fancy or part of disney just clean and decent - any help??
    as shes so little is there a certain place for tots, or anywhere that someone would recommend as she will prob only go on a few small rides if that. i have been reading about shows - are these included with the ticket price so can we just queue up and watch it?
    also it says on martins email that disney have confirmed you can take your own food and drink - is this true?? i thought they like to keep you captive and at their mercy for prices??

any help would be much appreciated
    thanks
    kate
  • miss_corerupted
    Options
    i'm also looking at the sun deal so any advice would be appreciated.

i think we should opt for overnight as well as we would have to travel from south wales
    I have dyslexia, so get used to my spelling and grammar :)
    Mortgage pay off date 11/2028. Target 12/2020 :rotfl:
    Current Balance £33921
    Declutter 2123/2016
  • kr15snw
    Options
    O.k, have looked at holiday dates again and we will only be able to take The Friday and Monday off work. Which means we will have to go to the park on Saturday and Sunday. Pain I know, but it’s ok :)

How does this look as a timetable?

Friday
    18:30: Arrive in Paris CDG and transfer to hotel (looking at the Val D’europe?)
    21:00: Should be settled in hotel and possibly grab a meal

Saturday
    All day in the park
    Overnight stay close to park

Sunday
    All day in the park
    Late Afternoon / Early Evening: Transfer to Paris and check in at a hotel in central Paris
    Evening: Enjoy a meal in Paris

Monday
    Day in Paris (really want to do breakfast in Paris, don’t ask me why?)
    19:00: Flight back to UK (arrive 19:15 UK time and then a 2 hour drive home)

We unfortunately have to go over a weekend due to work restrictions and my dates aren’t that flexible due to it being a surprise birthday trip!

What do you think? Am I nuts??
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kr15snw wrote: »
    O.k, have looked at holiday dates again and we will only be able to take The Friday and Monday off work. Which means we will have to go to the park on Saturday and Sunday. Pain I know, but it’s ok :)

How does this look as a timetable?

Friday
    18:30: Arrive in Paris CDG and transfer to hotel (looking at the Val D’europe?)
    21:00: Should be settled in hotel and possibly grab a meal

Saturday
    All day in the park
    Overnight stay close to park

Sunday
    All day in the park
    Late Afternoon / Early Evening: Transfer to Paris and check in at a hotel in central Paris
    Evening: Enjoy a meal in Paris

Monday
    Day in Paris (really want to do breakfast in Paris, don’t ask me why?)
    19:00: Flight back to UK (arrive 19:15 UK time and then a 2 hour drive home)

We unfortunately have to go over a weekend due to work restrictions and my dates aren’t that flexible due to it being a surprise birthday trip!

What do you think? Am I nuts??
    I'd go for it :)

we have only ever been @ wkends or in school holidays! so if you go knowing it's going to be busier then you won't be in for shock!

you probably won't see / do everything in the time you are there,but if you make a list of the rides etc you really want to do / see and head to them first then at least you will have done the "main" things on your list

you WILL be shattered though !!!
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    Kate0208 wrote: »
    Hiya
    Im thinking of doing the sun deal thats being advertised. my daughter is only 2.5 but loves mickey and minnie mouse so thought this deal would suit us as im not sure shes old enough to really appreciate the park and for us to spend out all that money yet. im unsure how it all works to be honest, we could go on the monday/tuesday which makes the deal £9.50 but will that let us into the park before 10am when its quieter?
    also we could possibly do it in one day but im thinking it may be easier to find a cheap hotel somewhere to rest our heads as she will be really tired - wheres the best budget hotel OR we do own a trailer tent which can be pitched most places if neccessary but would personally prefer a hotel, doesnt have to be fancy or part of disney just clean and decent - any help??
    as shes so little is there a certain place for tots, or anywhere that someone would recommend as she will prob only go on a few small rides if that. i have been reading about shows - are these included with the ticket price so can we just queue up and watch it?
    also it says on martins email that disney have confirmed you can take your own food and drink - is this true?? i thought they like to keep you captive and at their mercy for prices??

any help would be much appreciated
    thanks
    kate

yes you can take own food and drink.They aren't checking for food when they do bag checks!

yes all shows are inc in ticket prices

a friend of mine has just been with her 2 yr old ( and 6 yr old) Minnie & Mickey fan and she loved meeting the characters! also all the rides in fantasyland & the parades etc :)

there are many cheap hotel alternatives if you dont want to stay in an actual Disney hotel ,look on expedia.co.uk . We need 2 rooms so we book an apartment @ The Adagio Aparthotel

you can only enter the park ( well the actual lands / rides ) earlier than 10am if you stay onsite or have the most expensive annual pass.

when are you hoping to go ? it will be quiet in term time during Jan - March anyway ( but cold so be prepared!)
  • kr15snw
    Options
    I don’t think it’s worth booking it yet is it? In case some sort of deal comes up.

I know friends went last May and got the 2 for 1 deal on Disney tickets by booking through Expedia. I’m really hoping something will come up so that I don’t have to pay full price for the Disney tickets! (About £180 for 2 of us for 2 days!)
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    kr15snw wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s worth booking it yet is it? In case some sort of deal comes up.

I know friends went last May and got the 2 for 1 deal on Disney tickets by booking through Expedia. I’m really hoping something will come up so that I don’t have to pay full price for the Disney tickets! (About £180 for 2 of us for 2 days!)

what month are you looking at going ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport