🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• mma
    mma Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Any suggestions of good Disney films to help get my 5 year old boy in the Mickey Mouse mode?! He knows about Toy Story and Cars, but not Mickey, Donald, Goofy etc
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    mma wrote: »
    Any suggestions of good Disney films to help get my 5 year old boy in the Mickey Mouse mode?! He knows about Toy Story and Cars, but not Mickey, Donald, Goofy etc

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a much loved favourite in our house. Its on Disney Junior but you can get the DVD's too on eBay. I keep asking my 2 year old if we're going to see them & he gets so excited!
    COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2011 at 8:56AM
    Options
    I posted here before looking for help for a trip to DLP but then found out i was pregnant so we shelved the idea but now i'm considering a trip to DLP next year.

We have a 5yo, 3yo and a 5 month old baby at the moment, we fancy a 3 night break Feb halfterm weekend so Friday10- Mon13th Feb type times. We live in Scotland so would probably fly as the idea of keeping kids contained on train to london then the eurostar is scary scary :). How feesable is a disney visit with a just 1yo baby? Is February an OK time to go?? Would we be better leaving it until later in 2012?

ETA we would be wanting to stay at one of the disney hotels we think rather than somewhere in Paris
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    LilacPixie wrote: »
    I posted here before looking for help for a trip to DLP but then found out i was pregnant so we shelved the idea but now i'm considering a trip to DLP next year.

We have a 5yo, 3yo and a 5 month old baby at the moment, we fancy a 3 night break Feb halfterm weekend so Friday10- Mon13th Feb type times. We live in Scotland so would probably fly as the idea of keeping kids contained on train to london then the eurostar is scary scary :). How feesable is a disney visit with a just 1yo baby? Is February an OK time to go?? Would we be better leaving it until later in 2012?

ETA we would be wanting to stay at one of the disney hotels we think rather than somewhere in Paris

It will be cold! We went end of Jan this year and the temp din't get above 2 degrees the whole time we were there. Queuing in the cold is not fun, neither is sitting still for the outside shows for bes part of an hour.
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    Its perfectly feasable. To be honest a 1 year old is going to be easier to entertain than say a 6 year old, 4 year old & 2 year old iykwim? At 1, they're more willing to sit in their pushchair. As they get older they'll be wanting out! Lol. I've been in February before & it was lovely.
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    I'd avoid any weekend at DLP to be honest, even in February (unless its a classic and/or francillien AP blackout weekend). Because DLP is so local to Paris, many many day guests arrive at DLP every weekend, and the parks are much much busier on Saturdays and Sundays than during the week, even during school holidays.
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    hmmseems a bit mixed, I had expected it to be cold TBH, we are in east scotland and winter is bitter up here so we expected much the same. We fancied friday to monday because it would mean not having to pull the oldest from school and me and husband will be off anyway. What is a classic/francillien AP blackout weekend??
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    LilacPixie wrote: »
    hmmseems a bit mixed, I had expected it to be cold TBH, we are in east scotland and winter is bitter up here so we expected much the same. We fancied friday to monday because it would mean not having to pull the oldest from school and me and husband will be off anyway. What is a classic/francillien AP blackout weekend??

Classic & Francillien are the lowest priced annual passes. They have several blackout periods a year. Those blackout periods are notoriously quieter than other periods as obviously a lot of people can't visit.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/annual-passport-blockouts/
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Classic & Francillien are the lowest priced annual passes. They have several blackout periods a year. Those blackout periods are notoriously quieter than other periods as obviously a lot of people can't visit.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/annual-passport-blockouts/

It could also be that the parks are so popular on those days, that the only way to restrict numbers is by stopping pass holders on those days.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2011 at 7:23PM
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    It could also be that the parks are so popular on those days, that the only way to restrict numbers is by stopping pass holders on those days.

thats usually a Fantasy AP blackout weekend - classic and Francillien have 30 more blackout dates than Fantasy, so if you have a classic/Francillien blackout weekend, but its not a Fantasy blackout weekend too, the parks will be quieter than usual that weekend generally, as most local day guests are Classic/Francillien AP holders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport