Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• Zoetoes
    Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    we like Oct half term @ Disney,we have had some really sunny weather and some drizzly weather ,but never really cold and sometimes don't even need jackets!

Love the Halloween theming / pumpkin men etc ,it's my favourite :)

I thought ooh I'll price October then...coming up too expensive. I will look at the off site hotels as well now though.
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • koolcat99
    koolcat99 Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Cant wait!
    Flying out Wednesday for DLP. Armed with my shareholders discount card, which arrived just in the nick of time.
    I got my shares through Halifax.
    I will report back next week on my return!! :):T
  • schofield8883
    Options
    daisy1981 wrote: »
    Which Hotel cant decide... can anyone recommend one of these.... Explorers or Dreamcastle? anyone stayed at either of these hotels

havent stayed in the dreamcastle but the explorers was great when i went and the kids loved it!
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ― Dr Seuss
    :love: I Married My Prince Charming 01.06.13:kisses2:
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    daisy1981 wrote: »
    Which Hotel cant decide... can anyone recommend one of these.... Explorers or Dreamcastle? anyone stayed at either of these hotels

I highly recommend the Dream Castle it is lovely and by far the best hotel Ive stayed in anywhere let alone Disney!
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • luciesmummy82
    Options
    Can anyone recommend the disney princess lunch/dinner experience? If I bought the vouchers off the company I booked with is that it or extra costs? Were going in october half term. Any advice on travelling and staying that time of year would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help- I just want to make sure Im armed with the facts before i get out there :)
    2014 wins-2 picnic hampers,Boxfresh goodies,foodie festival tickets,Polo event tickets,Kent airshow family ticket,£25 Nisa voucher,New Pines holiday for 6,meal for 6,fake tan and mitt,pickled beetroot,£50,£100 Mucky boots voucher.
    Thanks and good luck to all! xx:beer::j:money::T
  • pringy
    pringy Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    hi, we are 2 adults and 3 kids will be camping near paris in august and want to visit DLP. we have enough tesco vouchers to get 4 day passes and if you go on the ferry you get a free day pass also so thats one day taken care of. what we was wondering is what is the cheapest way to get back in on the 2nd day? do they offer 'come back tomorrow for cheaper' like at alton towers or would we be able to upgrade to season passes using the day tickets we already had?

thanks to anyone who can help, its all a bit confusing for me as a first time visitor!!
    xx
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The thing about these are that you cannot take them from Magic Kingdom to the Studios without paying a deposit of 150 Euros or something ridiculous like that.

Plus you also need to get from the parks back to the hotel and it's quite a long walk for little legs when they are exhausted.

we had to leave our debit cards details to take it out of the park,then when we brought it back they just tear up the details

we were only going back to the village ( at the end of the night) where our car was parked ( staying offsite) so wasn't too bad . I think he rode on his dad's back lol
  • mummy1983
    mummy1983 Posts: 356 Forumite
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    when our son was that age we hired one of the Disney pushchairs for the evening,so that he could rest his little legs ,even if he didnt sleep!

he was wide awake and lasted a 15 hour day @ Disney !!
    you dont have to stay late every day of your trip :)

x
    Hi - we are just back and our boys are aged 2 (bday today) and 3 - we let boys sleep during the day whenever they wanted there nap and stayed in the park till after fireworks - boys went to sleep after the fantasia parade and then we walked through and watched fireworks at plaza gardens!
    The best thing we discovered was going to dinner early about 6pm ( we always got a table ) and then made our way over to fantasyland about 8.30pm and stayed here all the evening - everyone leaves around 9.30pm and all the rides our basically a walk on - its class - if your lo doesn't want to queue for everything she'll get a go on nearly everything every night! :T
    The parade starts then at fantasyland and you get to see all the flaots first - then fantasyland exits through the other entrance from the parade so by the time you've walked out the parades only getting to main street and you can skip the fireworks or just get a nice spot outside plaza gardens - ( down by the fountain ) and catch a beautiful firework display!
    For us once the boys waved off minnie ( the last float ) - they were ready to sleep - and they wer that tired they never woke from teh bangs -- when we got back to sequoia we popped them in to their beds and they didn't peep ontil 9am (we had to wake them) - we had breakkie and spent the whole day at the park!:T
  • angbrads
    angbrads Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    :D
    pringy wrote: »
    hi, we are 2 adults and 3 kids will be camping near paris in august and want to visit DLP. we have enough tesco vouchers to get 4 day passes and if you go on the ferry you get a free day pass also so thats one day taken care of. what we was wondering is what is the cheapest way to get back in on the 2nd day? do they offer 'come back tomorrow for cheaper' like at alton towers or would we be able to upgrade to season passes using the day tickets we already had?

thanks to anyone who can help, its all a bit confusing for me as a first time visitor!!
    xx

Hi, we are thinking of staying neasr disney this yr too. can you tell me which ferry you have booked with for the free pass please?
  • angbrads
    angbrads Posts: 655 Forumite
    Options
    pringy wrote: »

xx
    btw, we've been there during summer these past two yrs and they didn't offer come back next day deals but they would let you buy an annual ticket and put the one day tkt towards it. though i.m really sorry ive no idea how much it was.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure