Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2011 at 3:34PM
    Options
    fd1972uk wrote: »
    Helluva expensive place to get too. We took our little girl here a couple of years back, she love it, but very expensive both to get there and also to eat and stuff.

Don't think there's a cheap way to do DLP unless you are a stone's throw away from the place.

FD

Ferry crossing, although the tunnel isn't bad now, with a motorhome on the disney carpark, fantasy passes on the family 5 for 4 offer with the shareholders discount, shop at Auchan, we even stayed at disney and had a week in Paris using the train with a weeks pass for about £100 for the 5 of us. Left in the morning,saw all the sights, back to disney in the evening.
    Doing it again this year, although I've booked the explorers for a couple of days when we can't use the passes, and we'll just stay in the hotel and we'll use the pool instead.
  • lycam_2
    lycam_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replys. Looks like October it is then. Obv nobody knows when offers are coming but do you think there's any chance of an offer appearing over the next few weeks that will cover anytime between 14th-23rd Oct as all the current offers seem to be up to 8th Oct then from 22nd onwards?

Might just book as waited so long on passports I'm now getting sooo excited as this is not only our 1st DLP trip but 1st holiday abroad with the kids and only 2nd ever holiday abroad for me - other one being with the school so barely even counts!
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    guys is disney that good that its worth buying an annual pass with a view to returning next year. ie will my kids 10 and 12 love it so much they will want to go back.

just wondering if it lives up to the hype. :j

it lives up to the hype for me - 10th visit in the planning stages and will definitely be back again next year :). But everyone is different, some folk don't get it, or don't think its worth a return visit. If annual passes cost the same or less than park tickets for your first trip, its a no-brainer to me to buy annual passes, for the discounts alone.
  • mma
    mma Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Hello All
    We'd be very grateful for any advice/suggestions on the late evening summer events, suitability for little ones etc. We are going in August for a couple of days, but staying in a gite about half hour drive from Disney. I've just seen the new programme of events on the disney site - Mickey's Magical Celebration is at 21:15, Fantilusion is at 22:25 and then fireworks follow that. Thought fireworks would be earlier! The Our little one is 5 - would love to experience all the evening entertainment but suspect he may be a little too tired after a full day at disney too. Any suggestions as to which evening events are the best to go to? what shouldn't we miss? How long are they, is there much waiting inbetween events, do people tend to stand in the same spot all evening? any advice/info much appreciated! x
  • MONEYME
    MONEYME Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I've read the first few pages and the last 100 pages and learnt a lot already so thanks to everyone for the advice and tips.

I booked DLP last week for the DLH in late September for 3n/4d's.
    Me and my 6 year old daughter are really excited.

I have a couple of questions though.

I'm not sure if it's worthwhile buying the shares. I would buy 20+ shares so assuming the share price doesn't move much the only loss I would make are the transaction fees to buy and sell. I'd also be worried I don't receive the shareholder card on time. The £30/£40 fee could easily be recovered though if I was getting 15% off in all the restaurants/shops. I assume everyone would advise I buy the shares (even though it is unlikely I will be returning in the following 2 years)?

The restaurants I plan to eat at in the evenings are Caf! Mickey, Annette's Diner and Auberge du Cendrillon. Am I missing anything which is better or equal to these?

If you have any other tips for going in late September or the DLH I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks
    MM
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Its not a ride, it's an 'experience' like 4D cinema. All the seats are on like a platform and they move every now and then and a spray of water comes out.

Let us know what you think of when you get back.

Oh know what it is been on it when it first came out in america when I was little. But cause it is his big day can't say no (can u really say no to child at Disney land, hence good reason to remortgage your body to cover the cost) :D. Maybe I can say to my wife / mother in law he is your brother / son you take him on it :D. (Nb can't remember water)
  • iceburn
    First Post
    Options
    The enchanted fireworks is on until 4th September and it will retire ready for 20th anniversary display next year

http://www.dlrptoday.com/2011/07/13/the-enchanted-fireworks-returns-to-disneyland-park-for-final-summer-season/
  • iceburn
    First Post
    Options
    GillianY1 wrote: »
    Apologies if I am being completely thick but do you have to be a French resident to buy the tickets through the Danone offer? can you pay with a UK debit card? Do you have to buy online or is there a voucher you can take and pay at the gate?

There is a voucher you take to the resort going by feedback you can not use a uk bank card. Only French, virtual ones. Could try a prepaid card as well. Can buy like the first post found on eBay ppl selling the voucher already printed.
  • iceburn
    First Post
    Options

I'm not sure if it's worthwhile buying the shares. I would buy 20+ shares so assuming the share price doesn't move much the only loss I would make are the transaction fees to buy and sell. I'd also be worried I don't receive the shareholder card on time. The £30/£40

If you buy 20 shares or more you do not need to pay €30 for the shareholder membership card it issued free upon request. You only need to pay that fee if you hold between 5 and 19 shares. There are numberous advantages to it from discounts both at disney park / village / disney store ukand Val del Europe. To special invites to events and exclusive free cafe only you can use
    The restaurants I plan to eat at in the evenings are Caf! Mickey, Annette's Diner and Auberge du Cendrillon. I am missing
    buffolo show?
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    MONEYME wrote: »
    Hi
    I've read the first few pages and the last 100 pages and learnt a lot already so thanks to everyone for the advice and tips.

I booked DLP last week for the DLH in late September for 3n/4d's.
    Me and my 6 year old daughter are really excited.

I'm not sure if it's worthwhile buying the shares. I would buy 20+ shares so assuming the share price doesn't move much the only loss I would make are the transaction fees to buy and sell. I'd also be worried I don't receive the shareholder card on time. The £30/£40 fee could easily be recovered though if I was getting 15% off in all the restaurants/shops. I assume everyone would advise I buy the shares (even though it is unlikely I will be returning in the following 2 years)?

The restaurants I plan to eat at in the evenings are Caf! Mickey, Annette's Diner and Auberge du Cendrillon. Am I missing anything which is better or equal to these?

If you have any other tips for going in late September or the DLH I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks
    MM

to be honest, as the Eurodisney SCA shares are high priced at the moment, if you wouldn't use the shareholders discount by visiting DLP frequently, I'm not sure they'd be much of an investment. The most cost effective way to get the discounts for shareholders at the moment is to buy the minimum 5 shares, and pay the 30 euro admin fee to join the shareholders club for 2 years. If the share price reduces significantly, you could then buy your further 15 shares to avoid paying the admin fee after your first 2 years.

your shareholders card can be with you within about 10 days if you need it to be, once you've applied to the club.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure