Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    iceburn wrote: »
    Yea that is the one. We avoided it in march cause my wife little brother who will be having his birthday there in september is a huge fan. So won't be surprise if spend the whole day there on that ride :D

Its not a ride, it's an 'experience' like 4D cinema. All the seats are on like a platform and they move every now and then and a spray of water comes out.

Let us know what you think of when you get back.
  • fd1972uk
    fd1972uk Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Helluva expensive place to get too. We took our little girl here a couple of years back, she love it, but very expensive both to get there and also to eat and stuff.

Don't think there's a cheap way to do DLP unless you are a stone's throw away from the place.

FD
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Its not a ride, it's an 'experience' like 4D cinema. All the seats are on like a platform and they move every now and then and a spray of water comes out.

Let us know what you think of when you get back.

LOL your description makes it sound quite exciting - pity its, well, not (in my opinion).
  • daisy1981
    daisy1981 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Hi we are planning on going end of august for 3 nights 4 days I have been before but it was 8 years ago and im sure allot has changed and prices have gone up allot.. just would like to know how much spending money needed so if I say £200 a day we should be ok? I am hoping we may get a deal where we would get park tickets included with our hotel will be booking with Thomas Cook

hotel i looked at was the explorers they have a shuttle did check some reviews and they seemed pretty good!
  • lycam_2
    lycam_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    We've been waiting on passports to arrive before booking and typically they arrived yesterday morning when the 50% sale ended Monday so are now looking at October as we're tied to school holidays. We're planning sometime between 14th and 23rd but was wondering if anyone knows what time the parks likely to close (going by previous years) as the times are not up yet.

Also is the weather in October really cold as we've 4 kids so if it's too cold they'll spend the whole time moaning. Is it likely to be really busy with it being the lead up to halloween?
  • GillianY1
    GillianY1 Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Apologies if I am being completely thick but do you have to be a French resident to buy the tickets through the Danone offer? can you pay with a UK debit card? Do you have to buy online or is there a voucher you can take and pay at the gate?
    Wins:Smyths Gift Vouchers, Sat Nav, £100 Next Gift Vouchers, £250 Dunelm Mill Gift Vouchers, £720 D&G Perfume, £200 Asda Vouchers, Johnnie Walker Gleneagles Tickets, Edinburgh Virgin Festival Fireworks Tickets, Givenchy Dahlia Noir Perfume Set, Long Weekend in St Petersburg, Russia, £250 Selfridges Vouchers, £3000 Family Trip To LAPLAND!!!!
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fd1972uk wrote: »
    Helluva expensive place to get too. We took our little girl here a couple of years back, she love it, but very expensive both to get there and also to eat and stuff.

Don't think there's a cheap way to do DLP unless you are a stone's throw away from the place.

FD
    There are ways to cut costs though ...

Accom : we have always stayed offsite ( using Tesco clubcard deals / SUN £9.50 holidays / cheap hotel deals ) we require 2 bedrooms and these are expensive in the onsite hotels!

Travel : we usually use Tesco clubcard deals for Eurotunnel,and one time we used Airmiles for Eurostar

Tickets : we have used annual passes (when our youngest got his free!) SUN cheap day hoppers / tesco clubcard deals / 15% off deals etc

Food : we tend to bring our own snacks and drinks for throughout the day,have a small lunch ( pizza / salad / baguette etc)
    then with the money we have saved we have a nice sit down meal in the evening

We don't feel we have "missed out" by not staying onsite TBH,our kids are older ( now 15 and 9 ) and we wouldn't spend any time in a hotel really! just an expensive place to sleep and shower!
    plus like I said the cost is high when you need 2 bedrooms or adjoining rooms !

:)
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    lycam wrote: »
    We've been waiting on passports to arrive before booking and typically they arrived yesterday morning when the 50% sale ended Monday so are now looking at October as we're tied to school holidays. We're planning sometime between 14th and 23rd but was wondering if anyone knows what time the parks likely to close (going by previous years) as the times are not up yet.

Also is the weather in October really cold as we've 4 kids so if it's too cold they'll spend the whole time moaning. Is it likely to be really busy with it being the lead up to halloween?

the weather does get colder as October wears on at DLP - you shouldn't be cold during the day though (fleece weather really). Midweek (avoid weekends, they are crazy busy at DLP) the main park will probably close at 7pm, Studios park at 6pm.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    we like Oct half term @ Disney,we have had some really sunny weather and some drizzly weather ,but never really cold and sometimes don't even need jackets!

Love the Halloween theming / pumpkin men etc ,it's my favourite :)
  • mystic_bertie
    Options
    guys is disney that good that its worth buying an annual pass with a view to returning next year. ie will my kids 10 and 12 love it so much they will want to go back.

just wondering if it lives up to the hype. :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport