🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    DLP only has fireworks in November as far as I know - I've never sen them any other time and they are usually at Lake Disney in Disney Village, not in the main park, it's not like Disney World in Florida where they have them every night in all the parks. The parade times will be in the disboards, characters tend to be different places at different times but you'll catch them early in the mornings in the Disney hotels, they don't ask for any ID when you go in so maybe if you did the rounds of the hotels it would be your best bet. It is a bit of a drag queuing for half an hour to see the characters to be honest when there is so much to see and do. You won't find any 'Princesses' for autographs in DLP.

If you decide to buy a costume in DLP then make sure you do it in the first day and get your child to wear it before you go home and check it is OK. My daughter got some money for her birthday and I had said she could save it to buy a special couple of outfits while we was there. They were around $80 in the US and at that time decided not to get one but I thought, OK £40 for a dress that is special and she had enough money for 2 then. However, try 80 Euro's which is more like £68!! So just enough money for one and a few accessories. However, she wanted this cinderrella dress and despite my husband insiting we got it on the last day (men!!) we got it on the day before we went home. Thank god. She wore it that night around the hotels and her entire torso came out in a big red blotchy rash - allergic to the material. Not only that by where the sequin trim had been cut off it rubbed her arms to the point of them actually bleeding. I took it back first thing the next day and showed them her arms and even though the tags had been taken off they straight away took the entire outfit back and let her change it. LOL, I had steeled myself for an arguement with a shop assistant who only spoke broken English but there was no need and no arguements over it at all, they were excellent about it. At that point I tried to get her the cheaper 'basic' one (which are still 59 Euros) but she was not having it and we got the Belle one. I have to be honest, it is gorgeous and far more superior than anything we would have ever bought in the UK, it has elasticated bits and it kind of hangs in ruffles and looka a bit weird on the hanger but when she twirls around (as little girls do) it puffs right out and looks magical, I just can't explain it, we did not even realise it did this until we got it home but it is stunning. I won't tell you what I said when her friend got make up on it and pulled a thread on it though......... along with next time if people come around we are hiding it!

A lot of children wear dresses in the park, I would not let my daughter if it was raining as it would drag along the floor, last year (this time last year in fact) we went to a evening Princess & Pirate party at Florida Disney World and it was quite chilly in the evening (we needed coats) but I let her put the dress on over her clothes and jacket so she would not get cold. So this is always an option. When we went to Florida she was greeted by every cast member saying 'hello Princess' and they would courtsey or bow to her (even the security guards), they did not do this in DLP - maybe because of the language barrier, but I was a little surprised.

Autograph books are for sale in the shops in your hotel - even the partner hotels have the Autograph books for sale. That being said, my children were not interested so don't assume your kids might be, it is not for all of them and some kids get frightened by the fact they are so big in 'real life'.

As for closing times, the Disboard will tell you, generally it is just as it gets dark, 6pm in the winter for example, but the buses get very busy if relying on the bus. My son has ASD and here in the UK has to be in bed by 7pm otherwise he is an absolute monster but on holiday it was 9pm time by the time we were home, bathed fed and in bed. They were up the next day early to start again and I had the buggy if he turned into a monster (which he did!!) if they get tired they wil sleep the next day in the buggy but you will be surprised at how resiliant they can be. Remember, it is very heavy going, even I was exhausted when i got home from DLP but there is somuch to do the day is full on to make sure you see everything you can, it is not like you can go the next week if you miss something so plan. Grab some maps and plan what you are doing the next day and make the most of the Extra Magic Hours - it is an early start but you get to go on the rides early and the park is Sooooooooo quiet!! It sounds a bit anal but you have to do that otherwise you miss stuff out and you might not be able to go back for a very long time so planning is always best. The day you get there take as it comes, the rest of the days plan everything and fit rides in within the breaks.

Have fun!!

PS. Can anyone fit me in their suitcase??!!

PPS. Another Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh a VERY BIG OHHHHHHHH for the ladies. Do not miss the caves by the pirate ship play area there are lots and it is a bit of a drag to go in them all but I think it was in Davy Jones Locker that we came across a very dishy Captain Jack Sparrow!! He was sitting in the rocks just looking, staring, very still, so much that I thought he was a model and I said 'is he real'?. But he is and he looks right at you and I am glad it was dark, it actually made my blush the way he looks at you!! He is gorgeous. Very nice, LOL. So don't miss the caves!! And if your kids don't want to go down there then make them, ha ha!! All the teenage girls and ladies were coming out giggling. It is quite bizarre if I think about it now, LOL!!
  • farahmanir
    Options
    Hi

I'm trying to book a holiday to disneyland paris over half term feb 2008 for my brother, parents and 2 siblings. We would ideally like to travel by eurostar. Has anyone seen any good packages for us??? Plus my siblings want to travel to eiffel tower and see the landmarks - what would be the best form of transport??? Any help would be much appreciated - feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Farah
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    Hi Farah, the best price is DIY booking hotel and Eurostar seperately otherwise you'll get charged much more by tour operator (almost double in our case, we saved £600 for a family of 4 booking ourselves the same package) but you can only book the Eurostar 4 months in advance online. Give them a call they may be able to help you more.
  • poppyolivia
    poppyolivia Posts: 2,976 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    farahmanir wrote: »
    Hi

I'm trying to book a holiday to disneyland paris over half term feb 2008 for my brother, parents and 2 siblings. We would ideally like to travel by eurostar. Has anyone seen any good packages for us??? Plus my siblings want to travel to eiffel tower and see the landmarks - what would be the best form of transport??? Any help would be much appreciated - feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Farah

Farah there is a site called Disboards...you will get loads of answers over there...

I haven't actually gone by Eurostar before so can't comment and although I've been 3 times its only this wk (with the help from the DIS crowd) I found out how to get it cheaper. (there is a whole board dedicated to DLRP)

Have a superb holiday though..you are going to love it!:T

xxx
    You may walk and you may run
    You leave your footprints all around the sun
    And every time the storm and the soul wars come
    You just keep on walking
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    Ok Im slightly disappointed here. When i booked the trip they said Kyriad hotel so looked online and it came up with the disneyland partner hotel called kyriad hotel.

Looking on the coach companies website, they give a link to the hotel http://www.all-paris-apartments.com/en/paris_hotels/dis/hotel_kyriad-torcy_47853.html

It looks awful!! Has anyone stayed here? I do hope someone on here can convince me I still want to go after forking out £150 on deposit
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    Hi em,

can you post a link to the website you bought from. It is very misleading if this is the case as this is the Kyriad that everyone knows about: http://hotels.disneylandparis.co.uk/other-accomodation/kyriad-hotel/index.xhtml

It is on the 'site' but is not a Disney Hotel as such. Who did you buy from, let us know the info and we will see if we can dig more. PM me more details if you prefer.
  • emweaver
    Options
    found some reviews http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g651715-d565821-Reviews-Kyriad_Marne_la_Vallee_Torcy-Torcy_Ile_de_France.html . Photos make it look horrid, maybe my personal taste. Not sure how we get to Disneyland as it says 10 min drive but well I wont have my car and not everyone will want to go same time and leave same time so not sure how coach will work it. I have a phobia of trains and felt physically sick when dh said oh it says only 10 mins by train!
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    OK, ouch, that is not good. Did the paper state it was the Kyriad hotel? have they sent you any paperwork yet? I gather that they will take you to the parks reading into that.

I'll be honest, the hotel will be for sleeping in and that will be all. The hotel has some good reveiws so maybe chalk it down to experience and just try to enjoy yourself. if the worst comes to the worst, get a cab to the parks, 10 minutes each day there and back won't cost a great deal. maybe give the paper a call and ask them how you get to and from the parks and go from there. But take a deep breath as the hotels has some decent reveiws so you might be surprised. You will sleep very easily and you won;t have time to think about it, I promise.

The thing is that it is easter so it will probably be quite busy in the hotels but have a look to see if you can find any hotels, get the National Express to London, then Eurolines to Paris and then the bus to DLP. You can buy a ticket so a child travels free for a year. not sure how many kids you have but it is £8 for one adult/one child or £16 for 2 adults/2 children. And this means you'll get the children for free to Paris - it'll cost around £60 each on the coach and then the hotel will include breakfast and entrance passes. I cannot get in to have a look but play around with the site until you can get a price for the 2 or 3 days. i just saw they are running the extra day free special along with the kids stay and play free so keep on trying the site via www.disneylandparis.com or expedia. I saw the weekend you was after at Santa Fe for £300 so you could get coach & hotel for £420 roughly (assuming 2 adults/1 or 2 children) maybe less if the site is up and running and you can check the other hotels. Is it worth considering losing your £150 deposit for the sake of a few quid and knowing you will stay on site in DLP so no taxi fares? At least you won't have to pay for transport and this includes tickets and breakfast as the kids go free in Disney hotels and you are in control of how much time you have and what time you get back to the hotel each night.

if you can think about travelling on a weekday - Monday, arriving early tuesday, staying Tues/Weds travel home Thursday you'll find you can get it cheaper too and the bus will not be as busy. You can find a bus from the coach station in Paris to DLP or again, get a cab if you want to be in control of your holiday, if staying in a Disney hotel you can leave your luggage for free in their hotel before you check in (do this when the park closes) and then on the day you leave (go back for it after). Eurolines used to collect from DLP at around 8pm so it might be worth giving them a call and asking them.

Keep on trying the DLP site, you might find cheaper prices and also check the prices of coach travel on the National Express and Eurolines website. Let us know how you go won't you. x
  • emweaver
    Options
    is the euroline a train?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport