Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• *Bright-Idea*
    Options
    apples1, if your budget allows you must book a character breakfast, and although it's early book the 8am breakfast. We did this when we went and at the 8am brekky there were only 2 other families (the 9.30am was packed) it mean't my 2 got real quality time with all the characters - so much so that Mickey sat at the table with us for 15 minutes and 'had breakfast' with us. The kids got a whole hour and 15 mins with a variety of characters that we certainly would not have got if we had gone to the later sitting.

Just realised you are at the disneyland hotel, lucky you, you get breakfast with the characters everyday!

You must see a night-time parade too if they are doing one at the moment, they are fab.
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    apples1, if your budget allows you must book a character breakfast, and although it's early book the 8am breakfast. We did this when we went and at the 8am brekky there were only 2 other families (the 9.30am was packed) it mean't my 2 got real quality time with all the characters - so much so that Mickey sat at the table with us for 15 minutes and 'had breakfast' with us. The kids got a whole hour and 15 mins with a variety of characters that we certainly would not have got if we had gone to the later sitting.

You must see a night-time parade too if they are doing one at the moment, they are fab.

How much is it for breakfast with the characters?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • *Bright-Idea*
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    How much is it for breakfast with the characters?

I think it's between £10 and £15 per person but I couldn't say for sure, whatever we paid it was worth it just to have all the video and photos with the characters.
    The disney site should have the price on
    http://entertainment.disneylandparis.co.uk/meet-disney-characters/index.xhtml#contentj

found it, all the info is there, click eat and greet
  • wigan_rl_till_i_die
    Options
    Hi me and the oh have been for the last two years and love it, there is stuff to do for everyone kids and adults and i have eat some really good food there i'll upload some pic for everyone

HPIM0477.jpg
    Here's a burger from annettes dinner honest i have never had a burger like it and dont think i will get one that will come close
    HPIM0471.jpg

Here's main street usa where they do the parade it's really good i have a video somewhere i'll try and find and post it
    HPIM0459.jpg
    This boat is on a lake in the main park and is free if you get a chance go on it it gives you time for a rest and a good look around
    HPIM0479.jpg
    Here is disney village at night

I'll upload some more later :)
    2010 Super League Grand Final Winners :beer:
  • emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    ooh looks lovely and that burger has made me hungry lol

cant wait to see more pics
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • wigan_rl_till_i_die
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    ooh looks lovely and that burger has made me hungry lol

cant wait to see more pics
    I know it tasted better than it looked :)

I have to nip out now but i'll post some more when i get back :)
    2010 Super League Grand Final Winners :beer:
  • bootsaholic
    Options
    Can I ask some advice for a friend as she is travelling to DLP on eurostar from St Pancreas on Friday and only just organising parking, etc. She says she can park at st p for £25 a day. Any other options anyone? Is there a hotel she can park at the night before and leave her car? (We flew when we went so I am no help). Any advice would be appreciated as its obviously last minute now! Thanksx
  • *Bright-Idea*
    Options
    Can I ask some advice for a friend as she is travelling to DLP on eurostar from St Pancreas on Friday and only just organising parking, etc. She says she can park at st p for £25 a day. Any other options anyone? Is there a hotel she can park at the night before and leave her car? (We flew when we went so I am no help). Any advice would be appreciated as its obviously last minute now! Thanksx

Can she not travel by train to St P, if you have a Eurostar tkt, it's free to travel on some rail networks.

Sorry double checking it's only south eastern and if you are travelling from ebbsfleet or ashford. I would say it was still cheaper to leave the car at a railway station and get the train to St P
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Couple of questions if you don't mind....
    vivatifosi wrote: »
    Hi apples1,

When you get to CDG you are looking for a very pretty red shuttle bus. Try and find out where the bus leaves from in advance, as they don't leave from in front of every building and you may need to go out of the terminal and walk some distance before you get to the right stop.
    how do i find this out?

If you don't have the bus pre-paid, it is cheaper to buy return tickets. Get the return journey validated by the desk at your hotel at least 24 hours in advance of your return.

The best way to get the most out of DLP (or any theme park for that matter) is to get there slightly before the park opens. That way you can get more rides in before the park gets really busy. Though it shouldn't be too busy this time of year anyway. Its much better to take a long break as little people get tired in the afternoon and then go back later for fireworks etc if they are on. Also, try to catch at least one parade (there's one per park and they're different to each other). Are the fireworks late or before kids bedtime? 7.30pm and she needs to be tucked up in bed or the next day is not worth having!

As you're travelling with a five year old, I'd head straight for Fantasyland (go up Main Street and through the castle) as there are lots of little rides and it makes sense to go there first. Also make a note of the character greeting times so that they can meet their favourite Disney "stars".

How do i get the character times & where do you get the autograph books from or should i take one with us?

Also, kids seem to love those Disney autograph books. I've lost count of the times that I've been queueing for something and a random five/six/seven year old has shown me the autographs they've collected with a look of absolute glee!

Little girls love to go to the parks dressed as their favourite princess. Princess dresses are however better value in Woolworths and Asda than in the parks, though the dresses there are sometimes a bit more elaborate. That's the MSE'r in me escaping! Well she has the dressing ups at home already but have told her will be too cold to wear in the park. I said she could wear it down to breakfast in hotel to meet the characters inside!

Also check the height of your daughter before you go. Disney has height restrictions (these are marked on their park maps) so don't get in line for something you won't be able to ride. If your child is easily scared, lap sitting may be in order for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" which simulates mice running through the auditorium. If I was five again I would love Animagique in Disney Studios.

Finally, there's a lot of walking for someone with not very long legs, so I'd take a light folding pushchair, even if your daughter wouldn't normally use one.

thanks for all the useful tips.
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure